Page 5 of 334 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yes, good for her in general and hopefully it leads to some positive changes. But this in particular is very hopeful for Wonder Woman
    Yes, especially with WW's 80th next year.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The new editor-in-chief of DC, Marie Javins, apparently grew up a fan reading Wonder Woman and Nubia. Hopefully the means better treatment and more opportunities for WW going forward than under the previous EiCs.
    Ohhhhh. I hope so. Especially with some top tier artists and writers.

Extraordinary Member

It would be nice to have an editor who actually cared about Wonder Woman for once

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

We need an editor like Karen Berger on her title again.

I almost always buy the collected versions of new WW stories (the exceptions being Finch and Robinson), but I have to say, after today's issue I'm definitely not going to be getting Tamaki's run in even TPB form.

I've sat through some bad stuff in WW's history but, wow. Tamaki is as bad as GWW when it comes to displaying a powerhouse hero and even more boring as a story teller. Jeez...
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Ohhhhh. I hope so. Especially with some top tier artists and writers.
    A consistent art team would be nice but not really sure on really who for top tier writers. not many of the big names currently at DC I think I'd be interested in seeing on WW.

Guess we'll just have to wait until March when Future State wrap ups and presumably Tamaki's Max Lord story will be done.

Incredible Member

Since Diana is the movie character, does anyone think that if Nubia and/or Yara are successful in their upcoming ventures that they could get an HBO Max series? Since Diana will be on her last film in her trilogy, Patty Jenkins could reserve whatever villains she wants for her film, but then the rest of the rogue gallery could go to HBO Max - including Dr. Poison as I would hate to see a series where she is not included. The Wonder Woman world is so full and rich - literally 80 years of history - that they could easily repurpose old characters and storylines for a Max series.

P.S. this would in no way affect a Diana led Wonder Woman Animated Series as I'm sure WB/DC would not see that as competition for the Diana led films.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Since Diana is the movie character, does anyone think that if Nubia and/or Yara are successful in their upcoming ventures that they could get an HBO Max series?
    I highly doubt it.

Since Diana is the movie character, does anyone think that if Nubia and/or Yara are successful in their upcoming ventures that they could get an HBO Max series? Since Diana will be on her last film in her trilogy, Patty Jenkins could reserve whatever villains she wants for her film, but then the rest of the rogue gallery could go to HBO Max - including Dr. Poison as I would hate to see a series where she is not included. The Wonder Woman world is so full and rich - literally 80 years of history - that they could easily repurpose old characters and storylines for a Max series.

P.S. this would in no way affect a Diana led Wonder Woman Animated Series as I'm sure WB/DC would not see that as competition for the Diana led films.
    There own solo stuff? No, but I wouldn't be surprised if say Nubia shows up in one of the pre-existing CW shows.

Incredible Member

There own solo stuff? No, but I wouldn't be surprised if say Nubia shows up in one of the pre-existing CW shows.
    I highly doubt it.
    I guess I'm being overly optimistic. But I guess my reasoning is if WB/DC wants to keep Wonder Woman a profitable and valuable IP for them, they need to do something to keep it in the public eye even when a movie is not being released. A HBO Max series just seems like a good way to do that, and I would rather a solo show than an Amazons show - unless it focused on Nubia, Yara, and Artemis.

I guess I'm being overly optimistic. But I guess my reasoning is if WB/DC wants to keep Wonder Woman a profitable and valuable IP for them, they need to do something to keep it in the public eye even when a movie is not being released. A HBO Max series just seems like a good way to do that, and I would rather a solo show than an Amazons show - unless it focused on Nubia, Yara, and Artemis.
    There’s at least stuff to mine for an Amazon show, Yara at the moment is a complete blank slate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    We need an editor like Karen Berger on her title again.
    This.

More than anything, this!

Interesting article from a few years ago on various artist and writers naming their favorite WW stories.

Some names and their picks:

Greg Rucka - Gods and Mortals
    Trina Robbins - True Amazon
    Gail Simone - #170 “She’s a Wonder”
    Cliff Chiang - True Amazon
    Liam Sharp - Year One
    Christie Marston - The Once and Future Story and the original Marston stories.

Interesting article from a few years ago on various artist and writers naming their favorite WW stories.

Some names and their picks:

Greg Rucka - Gods and Mortals
    Trina Robbins - True Amazon
    Gail Simone - #170 “She’s a Wonder”
    Cliff Chiang - True Amazon
    Liam Sharp - Year One
    Christie Marston - The Once and Future Story and the original Marston stories.
    That's super interesting, thanks for sharing!

I feel like I need to give True Amazon another go. I remember being really infuriated by it at the time because it felt like it played into the trope that Diana can only be interesting if she's depicted as "not perfect" (which is usually an excuse for a writer to simply avoid finding the drama and story in her existing character complexity). Even writing that I feel myself being overly harsh - I should probably try it again. Is anyone else a fan of it here that can talk me round to its magic? I'm already sold on the art, but I think I'm missing something in the story to appreciate.