Page 53 of 336 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

Lmfao this is great
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I love this. But it might as well be a game of fill the board, you'd be getting bingo pretty quickly.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Too funny! “Yeah, it’s on here again…”
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I do wonder how many writers shoe-horn Diana into stories (badly) because editorial/marketing tells them to, and how many are just oblivious to how awfully they write her.
    I'm actually wondering now where Taylor lands on this.

His biggest stories thus far, Injustice & DCeased, were both big 'entire DC Universe' stories, so Wonder Woman kind of had to be included. But this stupid medieval story he's doing...unless editorial made him include Diana, why bother? If you want to make you high-fantasy Superman/Batman story, just do it. Diana doesn't need to be involved.

Or does Taylor genuinely think he's doing her justice? I saw on Twitter he actually tried to defend the one-punch death Diana got in DCeased as a noble and heroic sacrifice on her part, which...

I don't know. If I was a comic writer with the kind of sway to do whatever kind of story I want--and I don't see why Taylor wouldn't have that kind of control over his own Elseworlds story--I would just not include characters I don't like. Don't mention them. Don't even acknowledge them if you no one's forcing you to.

Whatever one's feelings about Grant Morrison's Earth One books, I at least appreciate they came about because Grant admitted they did Diana wrong in Final Crisis and wanted to do better. That's a helluva a lot more than most writers who keep inflicting themselves on Wonder Woman and either don't realize they suck at it, or do know it and just don't care.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Congratulations. This will never stop being in circulation in these boards. Enjoy your immortality.
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

lol I'd add "making WW a guest star in her own book", "constant rescues of WW by other characters" and "Man's World newbie that can't pump gas".

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I'm actually wondering now where Taylor lands on this.

His biggest stories thus far, Injustice & DCeased, were both big 'entire DC Universe' stories, so Wonder Woman kind of had to be included. But this stupid medieval story he's doing...unless editorial made him include Diana, why bother? If you want to make you high-fantasy Superman/Batman story, just do it. Diana doesn't need to be involved.

Or does Taylor genuinely think he's doing her justice? I saw on Twitter he actually tried to defend the one-punch death Diana got in DCeased as a noble and heroic sacrifice on her part, which...

I don't know. If I was a comic writer with the kind of sway to do whatever kind of story I want--and I don't see why Taylor wouldn't have that kind of control over his own Elseworlds story--I would just not include characters I don't like. Don't mention them. Don't even acknowledge them if you no one's forcing you to.

Whatever one's feelings about Grant Morrison's Earth One books, I at least appreciate they came about because Grant admitted they did Diana wrong in Final Crisis and wanted to do better. That's a helluva a lot more than most writers who keep inflicting themselves on Wonder Woman and either don't realize they suck at it, or do know it and just don't care.
    What is so heroic about getting one shotted by Superman. How did she make a difference there?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    What is so heroic about getting one shotted by Superman. How did she make a difference there?
    She cut off his arm.... but didn't go for the head she went for the heart, another insta-kill move but who am I to say. SR and CBR will make click bait articles about it because of END GAME. The other annoying thing is that the comic made note that its a magic sword infused with Kryptonite welded by "the greatest warrior in DC Comics/The Amazon Goddess" and she also had help so.... all in all pretty bad.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Why is the logo included?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why is the logo included?
    That’s the free space lol, ever played BINGO? It’s an American game, don’t know if they play it elsewhere.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So looks like Wonder Woman's back on the JLD?

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK 2021 ANNUAL #1
    Written by RAM V and DAN WATTERS
    Art by CHRISTOPHER MITTEN
    Cover by SEBASTIAN FIUMARA
    $5.99 US | 48 PAGES
    Variant by PAUL RENAUD
    $6.99 US (Card stock)
    ON SALE 11/30/21

After barely making it out of Atlantis alive, the Justice League Dark regroups and prepares themselves for the ultimate battle for magic against the finest sorcerer to ever live…MERLIN. It’ll take the minds and memories of WONDER WOMAN, RANDHIR SINGH, and an unexpected visitor to unlock the mystery behind the villain’s sudden appearance and what he’s after. Only with that vital information does our team of magical misfits stand a chance at saving the world from a threat the likes of which the Justice League could never survive! You won’t want to miss this oversize tale that’ll affect the future of magic in the DCU for years to come!

Pleaaase!! Oh this gives me a lot of expectation!

No sword and shield on the cover? They really want me to buy the book!

Yay! Wonder Magic is back!

Amazon pre-order page for the 80 Years of Wonder Woman collection is up. Doesn’t specify what issues yet beyond just listing Perez and Jimenez as contributors.
    Looks like Conrad and Cloonan apparently have some work included in the collection also.