Page 55 of 344 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
    Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Why wouldn't they work in the same universe? I think the fact that there are other superheroes for Billy to admire is very much to his advantage
    Because Billy is often treated as DC's other Superman character. If you ask me, Billy could work in the same space as Diana because writers can play up their connections to mythology. Whereas, Billy is almost always shoved aside for Superman. Writers flip-flop on Wonder Woman. And MM is written that he's stronger than Supes, but hardly ever shows it (to my knowledge). In fact, Diana been DC's go to for taking Superman down for most of post-crisis (I usually lump up New52 as post-crisis).

DC Comics other powerhouses just don't work Superman. Because most writers are going to keep Superman as the muscles.
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 08-16-2021 at 10:57 PM.

Why does it matter if Captain Marvel is weaker than Superman? He's not gonna fight him every year.

Mighty Member

Why does it matter if Captain Marvel is weaker than Superman? He's not gonna fight him every year.
    It don't hurts him as much as Wonder Woman, but it is not a good look for him either, and why should any Shazam fan like that Superman makes him look bad?
    Last edited by Rightoya; 08-17-2021 at 06:25 AM.

I'm a fan of Captain Marvel, and I don't see why it matters if Superman is stronger

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

I'm a fan of Captain Marvel, and I don't see why it matters if Superman is stronger
    I think you have said that you don't mind Diana being a street leveler or not being able to fly. You don't seem to really advocate strength for the characters you like.

"Strength"? Sure, I like to see them being strong. But you seem to have a very restrictive notion of strength. Let's bot get into this though. It's a boring topic.

Mighty Member

You are a very bad example for this topic, considering that your idea for Wonder Woman is either to be Spider-Woman, or that she is basically more powerful than anyone who is not more skilled than her.

"Strength"? Sure, I like to see them being strong. But you seem to have a very restrictive notion of strength. Let's bot get into this though. It's a boring topic.
    My question to you if you don't like discussing characters strengths is why did you answer a post asking why it matters if Superman is stronger than Captain Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    You are a very bad example for this topic, considering that your idea for Wonder Woman is either to be Spider-Woman, or that she is basically more powerful than anyone who is not more skilled than her.
    I never said that. I don't care if Diana is lifting giant airplane carriers, or giving Darkseid a wedgie.

You are the ones that think Diana doing anything less than this is a disrespect. I'm just the one that has no opinion.

I never said that. I don't care if Diana is lifting giant airplane carriers, or giving Darkseid a wedgie.

You are the ones that think Diana doing anything less than this is a disrespect. I'm just the one that has no opinion.
    I definitely think you have an opinion on this. You have stated your opinion more than once on the subject!

Okay buddy. You do you. Captain Marvel is better when he has other heroes for Billy to idolize before he himself becomes one, that's all I wanted to say.

Because Captain Marvel has the Strength of Heracules, so he shouldn't be treated as weaker. Look at what pre-Crisis did to Wonder Woman.

Has Superman ever arm wrestled Hercules? How do we know if they are in the same weight class?

Has Superman ever arm wrestled Hercules? How do we know if they are in the same weight class?
    I'm thinking more the general idea of what being on being compared to Heracles mean, or any other mythic figure for that matter. That means something.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    WW's look for Dark Knights of Steel:

So, from reading this thread, I'd like to make mention of a previous high fantasy inspired elseworld story where Diana and Kal got together at the end. Since this a Tom Taylor story, I'm inclined to think she'll be shaking up with Bruce. JLA: Riddle of the Beast , it's called.