Page 57 of 345 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Sylvain Runberg just posted about his WW graphic novel: "So yesterday I've sent to our publisher and my brilliant co-author the 31 first definitives script pages of our "Wonder Woman" graphic novel. We can not tell or show more at this stage but it is really exciting to be able to give and create our own approach on such a universe and characters. Diana of course -or should I still say Princess Diana of Themyscira ? - but also some others iconic characters from our pop culture. Especially you, Mister, or you, Mister, or you, Miss...that I can't name yet. Stay tuned ! ("Wonder Woman"/Script : Sylvain Runber/Illustrations : Miki Montlllo/A 120 pages graphic novel complete story to be published in 2022 by DC Comics)"

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSyr2QQqyFF/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Sylvain Runberg just posted about his WW graphic novel: "So yesterday I've sent to our publisher and my brilliant co-author the 31 first definitives script pages of our "Wonder Woman" graphic novel. We can not tell or show more at this stage but it is really exciting to be able to give and create our own approach on such a universe and characters. Diana of course -or should I still say Princess Diana of Themyscira ? - but also some others iconic characters from our pop culture. Especially you, Mister, or you, Mister, or you, Miss...that I can't name yet. Stay tuned ! ("Wonder Woman"/Script : Sylvain Runber/Illustrations : Miki Montlllo/A 120 pages graphic novel complete story to be published in 2022 by DC Comics)"

Some of the art of Diana Miki Montlló has on their Instagram right now is really lovely too.

Interesting. Wonder if it will be YA, Black Label, or regular ol' OGN.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Interesting. Wonder if it will be YA, Black Label, or regular ol' OGN.
    Regular ol' OGN, I guess? It's a project in collaboration with Urban Comics that publish DC in France not unlike 2017's Batman - The Dark Prince Charming made by DC with Dargaud (a Franco-Belgian publisher).

Regular ol' OGN, I guess? It's a project in collaboration with Urban Comics that publish DC in France not unlike 2017's Batman - The Dark Prince Charming made by DC with Dargaud (a Franco-Belgian publisher).
    Ah, okay. Was wondering who Urban Comics was.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Do you prefer:

Themiscryia being lost to Diana for X amount of years when she departs for Mans World

or

Her being able to come and go as she pleases from the beginning

Her being able to come and go as she pleases from the beginning

I think she can be away from it for a while but should eventually be able to come and go.

If it was up to me, I'd have Diana initially unable to return to Themyscira, but she would find a way to come and go as she pleases before the island becomes open to the world entirely.

Like, if I was writing Wonder Woman--at about a rate of around twelve issues per year--then I'd have Themsycira lost to her for the first three or four years of the run. Time for her to have adventures in the world of men on her own, establish her rogues, etc...because I think it's worth there being some form of consequence for Diana leaving home.

For the record, I think she should be immortal and have her powers whether she's on the island or not.

But Themyscira is too good a location with too much story potential to leave off the table. So, yeah, I'd have her there be a story where she needs to find a way back, and once she does, she can come and go as she pleases. Maybe a year or two after that, I'd have Themyscira become open to the world at large where anyone can find it, as part of the story arc of Diana bridging the gap between her home and the rest of the world.

So X amount of years, but it wouldn't be a long period of time.

I agree with Guy_McNights
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Personally, I'd give her two years off the island but not have her unable to access it.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I definitely think that the Island needs to be lost from her for a couple of years so she can properly assimilate to life without her people and build up her supporting cast. Not to mention that her trying to find her way back home presents a fun story within itself.

Um, question: the deluxe of the 80 years celebration, does it have the entire 750 story, or just the Orlando one?
    Last edited by Garrac; 08-28-2021 at 10:59 AM.

The cover of the deluxe 80 years

9781779511577.jpg

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    The cover of the deluxe 80 years

9781779511577.jpg
    I think the description should have been better. 80 years of the amazon warrior. I'm kinda tired of how that's all they think of her these days. Not to mention how little they do with the supposedly greatest warrior ever. Why not 80 years of the amazing amazon? Or 80 years of fighting for justice, equality and truth. Something more meaningful than being DC's main warrior lady.