Page 59 of 346 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

Weisman is very good at writing female villains (which is why he's my top pic for a WW animated series), but Cheetah literally never comes out looking good when she's around Catwoman. Though there's a first time for everything I guess.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    It is hard for me sometimes to stay around WW stuff. I don't like to be pesimist. But i can't help it when i see many of the things being done to this character. And this year. When she turns 80. We have more evil versions of WW where she is treated badly as most of her appearances this year. While SM and BM got new shows. harley gets a third season of her cartoon. WW still has 0. What is so hard about giving Diana a good cartoon show of her own? What is so hard about giving Diana a proper role in the DCU and not just the poster girl to stand alongside BM and SM? Is it so hard to not have her villains treated as jobber? To not see her using a sword and shield more often than her own powers? Is it so hard for them to put their money where their mouth is? Because going by statements and how much they say she matters. One would think she is one of the most powerrful, impactful and important faces of the DCU. But when the push comes to shove, they almost never show it.
    I have to say I am always an optimist, until I became a fan of Wonder Woman with respect to comics.

Lynda Carter Wonder Woman series I was an optimist if only because of how Lynda portrayed the character and the other fact it was it's own self contained universe, not having been tainted by other DC characters.

Perez kept the optimism going for awhile. I felt that she was respected quite a bit with her Justice League appearances and her own comic.

Then reality set in and we got the current pessimistic state of Wonder Woman in my opinion. If only they could get a strong editor that has some control over the character and supporting cast including villains not only in her title, but others that they appear in. This includes animation and live action.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I have to say I am always an optimist, until I became a fan of Wonder Woman with respect to comics.

Lynda Carter Wonder Woman series I was an optimist if only because of how Lynda portrayed the character and the other fact it was it's own self contained universe, not having been tainted by other DC characters.

Perez kept the optimism going for awhile. I felt that she was respected quite a bit with her Justice League appearances and her own comic.

Then reality set in and we got the current pessimistic state of Wonder Woman in my opinion. If only they could get a strong editor that has some control over the character and supporting cast including villains not only in her title, but others that they appear in. This includes animation and live action.
    That would help a lot.

Spectacular Member

I really hope they have news on the third movie it needs to come out soon. the last was already shot 3yrs ago.yes covid happened(again) but shooting should mid 2022. I wonder can we play as her in suicide squad game.

Injustice 3 needs to release also. I need all the Diana I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    I really hope they have news on the third movie it needs to come out soon. the last was already shot 3yrs ago.yes covid happened(again) but shooting should mid 2022. I wonder can we play as her in suicide squad game.

Injustice 3 needs to release also. I need all the Diana I can get.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The game was awesome what other game can you play her in these days?? I'm just happy to play as ww.

I know some fans hate her injustice version.
    Last edited by Mysterious; 09-01-2021 at 10:08 PM.

Wonder Woman stamp for a DC themed collection of stamps for Royal Mail.

We should at least get some announcement on the third film. DC has a habit of waiting too long in between sequels.

Yes, please. Lets get this trilogy over with so we can hopefully get a newer better one sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yes, please. Lets get this trilogy over with so we can hopefully get a newer better one sooner.
    My thoughts exactly. I am 100% behind this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    The game was awesome what other game can you play her in these days?? I'm just happy to play as ww.

I know some fans hate her injustice version.
    To each their own. For me Injustice WW is not only a terrible version. Her move pool in the game is not that good either. Very stiff and one dimensional.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Hah what if the next WW movie doesn’t star Diana though?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Having just seen Shang-Chi, they really need to up the fantasy level of the next WW movie and any WW movie going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Wonder Woman stamp for a DC themed collection of stamps for Royal Mail.

I dont know why they always have her sword on her hip. It seems awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I could see them doing Nubia but I'd be annoyed and think it wouldnt be the smartest decision. Only because Diana in live action still so new compared to the likes of Superman and Batman.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not a chance. There is no way they will replace Diana. First, she is immortal, and second Wonder Woman is Greek. That's representation. Her 2017 film had such a cultural impact. Plus her live-action appearance is relatively new compared to Batman and Superman. If they do make a new trilogy I want :
    1. Diana and the Amazons to be portrayed by Greek actresses
    2. Speak Ancient Greek in the movies
    3. Wonder Woman's villains and supporting cast to appear and have prominent roles.

Wonder Woman is not Greek. Her background may be inspired by tales from what we all call Greek mythology, but technically, she is Themysciran. Yeah, semantics and all that, but like someone else mentioned, the next iteration of WW films needs to up the fantasy aspects, and I'd rather them be inspired by the whole Amazons from Greek Mythology, but not be limited by some sort of stringent desire to be "faithful" to Greek mythology. That's why I love Marston's WW books, where the amazons and Diana's world were only loosely inspired by Greek tales, but where everything went beyond just that.