Page 66 of 344 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I recently got the new McFarlane specially designed figure. What do you all think of the design?:

https://www.amazon.com/McFarlane-Toy...d-games&sr=1-4
    Last edited by Gaius; 10-07-2021 at 06:47 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Could this be true? A Wonder Woman animated series.

https://twitter.com/bway_banter/stat...00904353042438
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I'm not seeing anything that would make that person reliable enough to believe
    I'd love to believe, but need something more solid.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I love the art style in the series.

Yuck. Still not care for the fact that they used Diana (even if she is an alternate universe one) as *YAWN* a romantic object for one of DC's big boys.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Just when i thought DCAU WW could have a big moment of battle against a top tier without looking weak. She faces a darkseid that can't fight back. And her being used as a romantic interstest for him, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I love the art style in the series.

Ditto. It was a fun little issue

I imagine only a geologist understands what kissing Darkseid is like.

It's an alternate universe. I would be disappointed if weird **** didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Just when i thought DCAU WW could have a big moment of battle against a top tier without looking weak. She faces a darkseid that can't fight back. And her being used as a romantic interstest for him, no thanks.
    He can't fight back because that universe's Diana redeemed him.

Incredible Member

The ick factor with a Darkseid-Diana romance is off the charts.

I'm not one to defend the DCAU Wonder Woman--and I'm inclined to agree Diana falling in love with Darkseid is pretty ick--but isn't convincing him to turn good and redeeming him actually something the comic Diana would do? Shouldn't Wonder Woman see the best in people and encourage/teach them to be better...even Darkseid?

Is there context I'm missing, because I'm not reading this comic? Is the execution wrong? Or is it that she actually falls in the love with him in the process?

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I'm not one to defend the DCAU Wonder Woman--and I'm inclined to agree Diana falling in love with Darkseid is pretty ick--but isn't convincing him to turn good and redeeming him actually something the comic Diana would do? Shouldn't Wonder Woman see the best in people and encourage/teach them to be better...even Darkseid?

Is there context I'm missing, because I'm not reading this comic? Is the execution wrong? Or is it that she actually falls in the love with him in the process?
    Just that she falls in love with him and is "relegated" to love interest and isnt shown to be a powerhouse that can go against a Darkseid that would be willing to fight back.

Would have been a fine story if the fact she was his lover didn't feel so tacked on...

Will media corporations ever learn you can love someone without it being romantic.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Read this issue out of curiosity. I have to agree with others, there's nothing particularly egregious here. Honestly the main things that annoy were the call-backs the poor Wonder Woman-centric episodes of the DCAU and reminder the DCAU was trying to give Diana daddy issues long before Azzarello pulled the trigger (an illusion of Hades showed up).

It was kind of amusing that aside from hooking up with Darkseid, sounds like this alternate Diana was closer to Wonder Woman's actual personality than DCAU Diana was for the large part.

Anyways based off this issue, "WonderSeid" > school girl crush on Bruce Timm's self-insert.