Page 68 of 344 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 5147
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Some writers use Diana coming from an all-female culture as an excuse to portray her as a misandrist. Should we delete that part of Diana’s character history to completely avoid that characterization?

The same can be said for Diana choosing to kill on occasion. Writers miss-use that all the time to give Bats and Sups the moral high ground. Some of her worse characterizations revolve around her being a “killer”.

Bad writing is just that, bad writing. Diana rehabilitating her villains shouldn’t be avoided because some writer will inevitably come along and do something dumb. And it’s not an inherently problematic issue like the Venus Girdles.
    Yeah, many aspects of Wonder Woman and her world are very easy for writers (especially modern ones) to screw up. But if we avoid those ideas entirely to avoid the risk, I'm not sure how that benefits her either. What's going to be left of her?

I don't think most writers even care about redemption that much. Especially across the board in pop culture. They are more quick to show how futile redemption is (see: Joker) or use it to portray characters as naive as opposed to the hardened gritty world weary hero whose seen the world or they can't wait to make the argument about how killing 'X' amount of people to save 'Y' amount people is necessary. It all ultimately plays into a military/copaganda that I have grown weary of over the years. I rather see some nuanced exploration of redemption.

Extraordinary Member

DC vs. Vampires art by Otto Schmidt

https://twitter.com/OttoSchmidt72/st...09391765090315

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League game update:

spoilers:
    looks like Wonder Woman is actually going to be fighting the Justice League with the Suicided Squad to some extent, as she is seen fighting Brainiac controlled Superman. (Maybe the writers remembered the Lasso of Truth and she's immune ?)

But, knowing the title of the game, it's my guess we'll see her become infected later...
    end of spoilers
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League game update:

spoilers:
    looks like Wonder Woman is actually going to be fighting the Justice League with the Suicided Squad to some extent, as she is seen fighting Brainiac controlled Superman. (Maybe the writers remembered the Lasso of Truth and she's immune ?)

But, knowing the title of the game, it's my guess we'll see her become infected later...
    end of spoilers
    Giving it's Suicide Squad (so it will be bad) I assume her role will mainly be "girl power team up with BFF mass murderer Harley Quinn" and then "Boss fight for Harley" when she falls under control of Brainiac.
    Last edited by Gaius; 10-16-2021 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Giving it's Suicide Squad (so it will be bad) I assume her role will mainly be "girl power team up with Harley" and then "Boss fight for Harley" when she falls under control of Brainiac.
    I'm not even going that far with her roll in it, and guessing she'll be an exposition dump as to what happened to the JL before somehow becoming turned.

Probably sacrificing herself so the Suicide Squad can get away from Superman when he first encounters them. Just my guess, though.

But, I hope the reason she didn't get infected right away is lasso related.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 10-16-2021 at 11:01 AM.

I'm not even going that far with her roll in it, and guessing she'll be an exposition dump as to what happened to the JL before somehow becoming turned.
    Or a punching bag to establish how big a threat Superman is (again).

Some more screenshots from Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League:

I figure she appears midway through the story to tell the Squad what happened to the League and maybe give them some critical clue to defeating Brainiac or, more likely, tell them where to find Batman and he'll have the key to saving the day.
    Then Superman will bust in, and Diana will sacrifice herself fighting him so the Squad can escape.

She'll lose of course, because as we all know, whenever there's an "evil Superman" story, one of two things will happen to Diana:
    a) she'll be just as evil and for less reason
    b) she gets crushed by him with ease

So we might get a one-two punch of Wonder Woman getting her ass kicked by Superman before she gets her ass kicked as a boss for the Squad. Fantastic.

They could've just made a Suicide Squad game. But nooooo...we need to flog the "evil Superman" horse some more and drag the rest of the Justice League down, too.

Just once, as tired as we all are of it, I would like to see an "evil Supes" story that ends with Wonder Woman saying: "Yeah, my Lasso saw right through that, and between me, Shazam, Martian Manhunter, and about a dozen other guys, we handled that pretty quick."

At least it's in video game form, so if the gameplay is good I can admire that and not the plot.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

2hrs into DCFandom, plenty of Superman, some Batman....no WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    2hrs into DCFandom, plenty of Superman, some Batman....no WW.
    Patty and Gal are confirmed to show as well as some WW writers. (edit: or maybe just Patty )

We just gotta be patient.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 10-16-2021 at 12:01 PM.

I'm not really expecting anything "new". This and previous FanDome were only really about showing progress of stuff that was already announced/known. So I'm only really expecting stuff we already know like the 80th anniversary and the comic titles.

Translation: No I'm not expecting a sudden announcement drop of Wonder Woman: The Animated Series (not starring Batman, Superman, Poochie, or Joker).

Since Patty is there, I'm hoping for an update on the Amazon's movie.

But it will probably just be her saying, "Wonder Woman 3, we're working on it."