Page 7 of 346 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

I thought Diana's section in Last Stories of the DC Universe was okay but nothing noteworthy. And maybe a bit confusing. I liked Donna's story better.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    The most recent issue actually managed to pique my interest. If it's revealed that Liar has been manipulated by another Wonder Woman villain disguised as the rabbit all this time it would greatly improve my opinion of this run. My mind initially went to Duke of Deception, but Queen of Fables would work too given the theming of Liar's delusions.
    I mean, it has to be the Queen of Fables since that's her shtick. But I would be surprised if it was a classic WW villain and not some new character or a different hero's villain. This run has already set a low precedent for that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    The most recent issue actually managed to pique my interest. If it's revealed that Liar has been manipulated by another Wonder Woman villain disguised as the rabbit all this time it would greatly improve my opinion of this run. My mind initially went to Duke of Deception, but Queen of Fables would work too given the theming of Liar's delusions.
    I sort of expect Liar Liar and Lord to be redeemed after this, watch Tamaki reveal that the entity pretending to be a rabbit manipulated Max and his daughter the whole time.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Re-watching the first Wonder Woman animated film, and omg. Steve Trevor is a misogynistic piece of crap when he first arrives. I forgot how much I disliked him in it.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I sort of expect Liar Liar and Lord to be redeemed after this, watch Tamaki reveal that the entity pretending to be a rabbit manipulated Max and his daughter the whole time.
    The entity should be revealed at Dr. Psycho, who was making himself appear as a rabbit, and manipulating the entire thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Re-watching the first Wonder Woman animated film, and omg. Steve Trevor is a misogynistic piece of crap when he first arrives. I forgot how much I disliked him in it.
    I really despise Steve in that movie. They tried so hard to make him a Han Solo-esque "cool guy" charmer but my god did they miss the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I really despise Steve in that movie. They tried so hard to make him a Han Solo-esque "cool guy" charmer but my god did they miss the mark.
    I literally have Side Eye Chloe face every time he’s on screen.

Ha. This is my 3456th post.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Yeah, I had some worries about how Steve would be portrayed in the live-action films because of the ‘09 film.

Steve's portrayal in the 2009 film has indeed aged poorly.

The 09 movie really hasn't aged well. The core story is there, but the execution is off. Etta and Steve are big reasons for that. Virginia Madsen as Hippolyta was inspired voice casting, and when Diana first arrives, the old homeless drunk that sees her and says "Wuzza... Look at that lady!" and then passes back out is a funny bit.... but in all, when I try to rewatch it, I find it to difficult to get around the ruin of Etta Candy and the stupid "grown frat boy" nature of Steve Trevor.

Fantastic Member

Also in the 2009 movie, it should have been either Hera, Aphrodite, or Athena who magically bring Diana to life. Not Zues.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    Also in the 2009 movie, it should have been either Hera, Aphrodite, or Athena who magically bring Diana to life. Not Zues.
    I know they used a thunderbolt to indicate the clay being brought to life but I thought it was Hera since she was the one doing the narration.

Fanboy quibble I had was we never got Ares in his Perez armor.
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-11-2020 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Spelling corrections

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I know they used a thunderbolt to indicate the clay being brought to life but I thought it was Hera since she was the one doing the narration.

Fanboy quibble I had was never got Area in his Perez armor.
    Loved the way Niccola Scott drew it too. Its definitely his most iconic look.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Loved the way Niccola Scott drew it too. Its definitely his most iconic look.
    Yeah, Perez had a real hit-and-miss track record for character designs but he gets a pass for me on that Ares design.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, Perez had a real hit-and-miss track record for character designs but he gets a pass for me on that Ares design.
    The Pérez fan in me makes it hard to hate some of his designs. I’m in absolute love with his Disco Dick Nightwing look.