Page 79 of 346 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 5179
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I hope Randolph is wrong. Her third movie needs to focus entirely on her own female cast. The first movie balanced everything out very well, but the second overall dropped the ball on the female relationship front by not putting the full focus on Diana and Barbara and only having the Amazons in the first scene.

Ideally, the four leads should be her, Hippolyta, Circe and Cheetah. Preferably with some appearances by a version of Donna, Philippus, Nubia, etc.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It's Grace Randolph, the same person that said that WW84 will be Flashpoint. She has her "sources" but she also likes to embellishing stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I am not too keen on the source (Grace Randolph, like many of her internet genre "journalist" peers, is very hit and miss with her scoops), but this is an idea that intrigues me. Would you be down with a WW3 that is low key a superheroine team up movie? Would you feel that it is better to focus on Diana and her family of characters instead of bringing in other female metas? Not gonna lie, the idea of a live action Grudge Match (one of the best and best loved episodes the animated DC JL show world gave us) makes me happy to no end, BUT if we are gonna have Diana lead an unofiicial "Justice League Of Badass Babes," I'd rather they take their cues from the Phil Jimenez WW issue ("Girl Frenzy" I think it was called). On the other hand, films with large casts are incredibly hard to construct and do so successfully, and I don't want the third chapter of Gal Gadot/Patty Jenkins' Wonder Woman film trilogy to become another badly received flop. I am so torn about this...
    Attachment 115335
    Depends. Will it be "low Key" like a small cameo or "low key" like what they are doing with the Flash movie.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 11-07-2021 at 02:48 PM.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

I guess on the topic of Wonder Woman 3

Lynda Carter Officially Joins Wonder Woman 3 Cast

If Lynda and Gal don't spin transform together, the entire movie will automatically be a -F for me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

I hope it's a very, very small role. I like Carter, but her acting leaves a lot to be desired. I'm one of the few people who love WW84, but Carter's inclusion does not set my mind at ease regarding the 3rd film.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I hope it's a very, very small role. I like Carter, but her acting leaves a lot to be desired. I'm one of the few people who love WW84, but Carter's inclusion does not set my mind at ease regarding the 3rd film.
    I do not agree, revisiting her show she is pretty good. It's true that she may be out of training when it comes to acting but she has a unique appeal. I also hope that she has a key role but far from being some kind of protagonist.
    In the other hand I remember we have Asteria in comics, Diana names her pet in honor of this warrior but I don't remember which comic, it was before the movie. I can’t find it in Google.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    If Lynda and Gal don't spin transform together, the entire movie will automatically be a -F for me.
    Or do a Dragonball fusion dance.

I hope Randolph's nonsense ends up being wrong again. I really, really don't want Wonder Woman's third movie to be a hodge-podge of random characters shoe-horned into the story.

I'm not a big Flash guy, but I do think it's extremely lame his movie is going to involve him sharing the spotlight with a Batman and a Supergirl and whoever else gets crammed into it. Or how Black Adam's movie is going to feature a bunch of random JSA characters. Or how the Harley Quinn movie featured the Birds of Prey for no reason and an in-name-only Cassandra Cain.

I really hope this isn't Warner's plan for DC going forward: just take a random bunch of characters and cram them into one movie. I want the Wonder Woman movie to be about Wonder Woman. If other characters are going to be introduced, leave it at her supporting cast like Nubia or Artemis or any of the Wonder Girls.
    I don't need or want to see Supergirl or Hawkgirl or whatever female superhero they pick out of a hat taking up space in Diana's movie.

I said it before, I'll say it again: a shared universe really is more of a detriment to Wonder Woman than asset.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I'm not a big Flash guy, but I do think it's extremely lame his movie is going to involve him sharing the spotlight with a Batman and a Supergirl and whoever else gets crammed into it.
    I hear so much about Batman and Supergirl appearing in that movie. In fact I hear about them in it so much it seams like they are just going to suck the spotlight away from Flash in his own movie.

If they ever make a WW-led DCEU superheroine team up film ( maybe for Wonder Woman 4...? One can dream!), I would have Wonder Woman of course, Vixen, Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz), Hawkgirl, Mera, and Zatanna (plus the introduction of Nubia).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

I guess it is definitely official.
    I did not believe it when the fanboy media reported that Lynda Carter was "confirmed" for WW3 based on an ambiguous comment that Carter made during Fandome, but this time it is The Hollywood Reporter actually quoting Gal Gadot:
    "[Lynda Carter is] a true champion of what Patty and I have been doing, and it was so great that we managed to find the right opportunity to bring her to the last movie and now to the third one."

I look forward to this, but I am cautiously optimistic. I'd be more confident if they had confirmed the return of Allan Heinberg as a screenwriter. In any case, I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 11-08-2021 at 12:24 AM.

Wonder Woman leading an all female team or being apart of one is cool, it just shouldn’t be in a movie titled “Wonder Woman”.

And unless Jenkins changed her mind, she’s said “shared universes shouldn’t be the status quo”, which kind of sounds like her way of saying “I don’t wanna do that”, lol.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Yes, an all female superheroe film lead by Diana could be great.

But there is a time and a place for it. Said place is certainly not her own trilogy where her own characters aren't even getting as much of a boost as they should to begin with.

Incredible Member

Patty Jenkins ‘Star Wars’ Movie ‘Rogue Squadron’ Delayed (Exclusive)

There's a chance we may get Wonder Woman 3 faster than we think. The article states regarding WW3:

"It is unclear what if any of Jenkins’ commitments were at issue specifically, but she is in development on Wonder Woman 3 for Warner Bros. and a Cleopatra feature for Paramount. Sources say Wonder Woman 3 was initially to have followed Squadron, but that could shift now that the latter is off the table."

I, for one, am ready for WW3. Gal Gadot was recently quoted by THR or Variety (can't remember which one) that the team is currently working on the script. I would love it if, by the end of 2022, they were going into full production on the film for a 2024 release date.

Thought this was interesting.

Screenrant: Wonder Woman: 10 Best Comic Issues Of The 2010s

lol at #10.