Page 8 of 346 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Amazon pre-order page for the 80 Years of Wonder Woman collection is up. Doesn’t specify what issues yet beyond just listing Perez and Jimenez as contributors.

In honor of Wonder Woman 1984, Toonami will be airing Bloodines and Justice League: A New Frontier on December 19th.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In honor of Wonder Woman 1984, Toonami will be airing Bloodines and Justice League: A New Frontier on December 19th.
    Hmm, while I'm not really a fan of it, odd they're not airing the '09 film.

Though Lucy Lawless as Wonder Woman is never a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hmm, while I'm not really a fan of it, odd they're not airing the '09 film.

Though Lucy Lawless as Wonder Woman is never a bad thing.
    I've read speculation that they didn't want to air movies with two different WW origins .

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    The Pérez fan in me makes it hard to hate some of his designs. I’m in absolute love with his Disco Dick Nightwing look.
    Did perez draw Barbra cheetah? If so He lacked the tear lines which i noticed after his run she never has at all?!? Maybe artists never seen those big cats before. There's so much I want to say about cheetahs design from Priscilla to current & JL/U, DCAU, her spots, tear lines etc that really irk me..... buuuut that's a whole other conversation and I don't want to derail This Thread so yeah ugh

I've read speculation that they didn't want to air movies with two different WW origins .
    I wonder why they chose Bloodlines if that's the case.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Bloodlines feels more influenced by the 2017 film to me. This of course makes sense as it is also the more recent one, and I'm sure possible DVD/Blu Ray sells were a factor, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Bloodlines feels more influenced by the 2017 film to me. This of course makes sense as it is also the more recent one, and I'm sure possible DVD/Blu Ray sells were a factor, too.
    Bloodlines' take on the origin was more in-line with the movie since they foregoed the contest and just had Diana take Steve with Hippolyta warning her off.

Plus, even if it wasn't the best use of her, Cheetah is more of a presence in Bloodlines compared to her cameo in the original solo film.

Bloodlines' take on the origin was more in-line with the movie since they foregoed the contest and just had Diana take Steve with Hippolyta warning her off.

Plus, even if it wasn't the best use of her, Cheetah is more of a presence in Bloodlines compared to her cameo in the original solo film.
    Yikes, you're right. How sad that Bloodlines' atrocious appearance was better than the original '09 film's.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Yikes, you're right. How sad that Bloodlines' atrocious appearance was better than the original '09 film's.
    Well, better in that it wasn't a cameo, I guess .

If they wanted more Cheetah they really should've gone with JL Doom, the only animated movie where she didn't suck.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Atrocious?? Haha i think bloodlines is the most I've ever seen cheetah do in the entire DCAU!
    Last edited by Mysterious; 12-13-2020 at 02:24 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    If they wanted more Cheetah they really should've gone with JL Doom, the only animated movie where she didn't suck.
    I disliked Wonder Woman's portrayal and characterization in that film. I also don't Cheetah's plan was dumb and made Diana look like a complete moron. So Wonder Woman is just going to keep fighting all of these multiple Cheetahs until she dies? Not once did she wonder where Cheetah got this ability to multiply herself or why these Cheetahs were not fighting back in defense with their super strength and speed? Could she not hear the screams or wonder why these Cheetahs were not working in tandem to defeat her? Nothing about that movie and Wonder Woman said "Wisdom of Athena."

Fantastic Member

I disliked Wonder Woman's portrayal and characterization in that film. I also don't Cheetah's plan was dumb and made Diana look like a complete moron. So Wonder Woman is just going to keep fighting all of these multiple Cheetahs until she dies? Not once did she wonder where Cheetah got this ability to multiply herself or why these Cheetahs were not fighting back in defense with their super strength and speed? Could she not hear the screams or wonder why these Cheetahs were not working in tandem to defeat her? Nothing about that movie and Wonder Woman said "Wisdom of Athena."
    Also Wonder Woman can fly and had the lasso of truth on her. She didn't have to fight at all but DC came up with a stupid excuse that Diana was competitive and enjoys fighting.

In fairness, Bruce’s plan for Diana in the original Tower of Babel was also pretty dumb/kind-of-a-stretch so it’s not like they were building off something great.