Page 80 of 346 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 5178
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Thought this was interesting.

Screenrant: Wonder Woman: 10 Best Comic Issues Of The 2010s

lol at #10.
    Oh my God, how is Year One only one spot above Flashpoint and beneath SM/WW arcs?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Oh my God, how is Year One only one spot above Flashpoint and beneath SM/WW arcs?
    Yeah, kind of surprised the SM/WW books are the only rep for the New 52 era lol.

Hi all, I hope this is the right place to share this sort of thing. I've been making youtube videos in my spare time and I've recently begun to devote a lot of time to the one and only WW!

A couple months ago I made a review of the 2017 movie, focusing on how and how well it adapted the general WW story.
    https://youtu.be/4SjgAcENgfQ

This week I uploaded the first of what I hope will be an ongoing deep dive series on the comics themselves, starting off with many ruminations on William Marston and the Golden Age.
    https://youtu.be/-Q0BI69K8Mg

Please check it out if you're interested!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    Hi all, I hope this is the right place to share this sort of thing. I've been making youtube videos in my spare time and I've recently begun to devote a lot of time to the one and only WW!

A couple months ago I made a review of the 2017 movie, focusing on how and how well it adapted the general WW story.
    https://youtu.be/4SjgAcENgfQ

This week I uploaded the first of what I hope will be an ongoing deep dive series on the comics themselves, starting off with many ruminations on William Marston and the Golden Age.
    https://youtu.be/-Q0BI69K8Mg

Please check it out if you're interested!
    Thanks for sharing this. Not many comic channels I see go into much depth on Wonder Woman comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Sylvain Runberg just posted about his WW graphic novel: "So yesterday I've sent to our publisher and my brilliant co-author the 31 first definitives script pages of our "Wonder Woman" graphic novel. We can not tell or show more at this stage but it is really exciting to be able to give and create our own approach on such a universe and characters. Diana of course -or should I still say Princess Diana of Themyscira ? - but also some others iconic characters from our pop culture. Especially you, Mister, or you, Mister, or you, Miss...that I can't name yet. Stay tuned ! ("Wonder Woman"/Script : Sylvain Runber/Illustrations : Miki Montlllo/A 120 pages graphic novel complete story to be published in 2022 by DC Comics)"

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSyr2QQqyFF/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

How much should Diana's "royal" status play into being an Amazonian, treated by other Amazons, as a hero, etc...as Princess of Themyscira, should the Bana Queen(s) treat her a certain way?

Watching Shang Chi and seeing all the fantastic classic elements of the lore serviced and brought to life by an incomparable cast makes me long for a time when DC properties and especially Wonder Woman could receive such treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    How much should Diana's "royal" status play into being an Amazonian, treated by other Amazons, as a hero, etc...as Princess of Themyscira, should the Bana Queen(s) treat her a certain way?
    Central to who she is. She’s a royal and that comes with a certain amount of arrogance and self-confidence in the same way as Batman’s wealth does. There’s other heroes who are salt of the earth types, but that’s not Diana. Which is why Etta is so important as a female friend who isn’t intimidated, impressed, or awestruck by her status but is still her friend.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

That seems to look at it through the lens if our world. I rather think the Amazons have a different perspective on that as they fo competition, military service, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    That seems to look at it through the lens if our world. I rather think the Amazons have a different perspective on that as they fo competition, military service, etc.
    Diana caring about “the little people” already makes her different from real life Royals

I honestly prefer a Diana that is overconfident to one that is constantly being weepy and questioning herself. Diana having a cocky attitude with some royal arrogance doesn’t bother me at all. It’s what gives her the ability to walk in front of the governments of the world and tell them off for doing a crap job, or to do the same to the gods.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Questioning oneself doesn't equate being weepy. Also, being confident doesn't equate being cocky and arrogant. Diana can be confident, strong-willed and self-assured and she can still doubt herself, and even *GASP* cry sometimes. It's part of being a complex character. One of the character traits that I hate when writers give Diana is the whole "aloof, arrogant princess" schtick that I feel is so tired. She is a princess, yes, but I feel that her heart is inherently "wired" against acts of arrogance or being self-serving.

I thought Susan Eisenberg's voice was perfect in that aspect. She sounded regal yet compassionate and approachable.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I thought Susan Eisenberg's voice was perfect in that aspect. She sounded regal yet compassionate and approachable.
    What did you think of Dawson? I grew to like her more over the course of the DCAMU, felt like she got much better over time.

Honestly, I don't understand the idea of Diana being "royal". If anything, what makes her special and beloved is that she's the only child of an island of women, and blessed with those amazing gifts and force of will.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    What did you think of Dawson? I grew to like her more over the course of the DCAMU, felt like she got much better over time.
    Dawson was good but I prefer her as Artemis (whom she voiced in the first animated WW movie). My second favorite WW voice after Susan Eisenberg is Vanessa Marshalla followed by Maggie Q (Young Justice). Maggie would be more iconic but she needs better scenes and more of a starring role rather than just playing glorified support.