Page 85 of 346 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 5178

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    For better or worse, WW84 was all on Patty Jenkins. And while Wonder Woman may be certified fresh (I liked the movie, 3rd act notwithstanding), WW84 was anything but certified fresh.

It does leave me less than hopeful that she can deliver a great comic book action movie as well as story.
    So she makes a great WW film and a bad one (50/50), but people are convinced that she will once again make a bad one? Why not hope for the best instead of the worst? We still don't know who the crew will be for WW3. What about benefit of the doubt, at least until we know who will be the official writer of the film.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    So she makes a great WW film and a bad one (50/50), but people are convinced that she will once again make a bad one? Why not hope for the best instead of the worst? We still don't know who the crew will be for WW3. What about benefit of the doubt, at least until we know who will be the official writer of the film.
    We have nothing to lose. But i will say this. The first film was good for an origin story where WW was only starting to discover her poewers. The overall action wasn't that great. Especially the 3rd act. So overall, there is a trackrecord with DCEU WW not having great raw power moments. As most of her feats are done with gear. That is where Jenkins hasn't proven herself. She hasn't proven that she can actually deliver powerhouse WW action scenes. Same happened with snyder. His WW was all about the weapons, not her raw power which wasn't that impressive.

Normally I would agree, but as far as action goes WW fared better under everyone other than Patty Jenkins. It's a controversial opinion but the Amazon rugby scene is more spectacular than anything in either WW film. So is the heist with hostages defended by bullets and bracelets as well as her first appearance in BvS.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I wasn't that big of a fan of Bloodlines lol. Plus a dtv is a lot more comic fan heavy compared to a big movie where most of the audience won't know who most of these villains are.
    Well, a big movie would have much more screen time to flesh out the villains. I think it can work if the team is about 4-5 members and two of them are familiar faces.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

The first Wonder Woman movie was good, not great, but still, Patty built up a good amount of hope for the 2nd movie. When that turned out to be what it was, and to say it was bad is me giving it the benefit of the doubt, lost alot of good will built upon the first movie.

As others have stated, Patty hasn't shown she can do action well. No mans land worked out pretty well for her because it was an iconic moment, but when you break it down, it's Wonder Woman rushing through with her shield doing most of the action. The scene in the town was a bit better. But overall, the action scenes wasn't what made the 1st movie good in my opinion.

The 2nd movies action scenes were just lousy. Her debut as the friendly neighborhood Wondy-woman in the mall was just hokey. Her fight scene with Cheetah was terrible. The highway scene with the caravan and saving the obviously fake kids....need I say more (wow...depowered not only in the comics but on the big screen). Then you have plotholes galore, and while some may argue that there is always plotholes you can point out in movies, but in this case the movie had more holes than a block of swiss cheese.

I hope the third movie will be a good movie, but if she has control like she did with WW84, then I don't have that much hope. And yet I will go see it when it comes out, just repeat viewings like I did for the first one has to be earned!

Incredible Member

The first Wonder Woman movie was good, not great, but still, Patty built up a good amount of hope for the 2nd movie. When that turned out to be what it was, and to say it was bad is me giving it the benefit of the doubt, lost alot of good will built upon the first movie.

As others have stated, Patty hasn't shown she can do action well. No mans land worked out pretty well for her because it was an iconic moment, but when you break it down, it's Wonder Woman rushing through with her shield doing most of the action. The scene in the town was a bit better. But overall, the action scenes wasn't what made the 1st movie good in my opinion.

The 2nd movies action scenes were just lousy. Her debut as the friendly neighborhood Wondy-woman in the mall was just hokey. Her fight scene with Cheetah was terrible. The highway scene with the caravan and saving the obviously fake kids....need I say more (wow...depowered not only in the comics but on the big screen). Then you have plotholes galore, and while some may argue that there is always plotholes you can point out in movies, but in this case the movie had more holes than a block of swiss cheese.

I hope the third movie will be a good movie, but if she has control like she did with WW84, then I don't have that much hope. And yet I will go see it when it comes out, just repeat viewings like I did for the first one has to be earned!
    According to this Collider Report: Patty Jenkins’ ‘Rogue Squadron’ Reportedly Delayed Due to Creative Differences Patty still has some level of creative freedom on WW3.

"Jenkins wasn’t willing to dick around, and she has other projects, notably Wonder Woman 3 at Warner Bros., where she enjoys more creative freedom. (Disney and personal representatives for Jenkins and Kennedy declined to comment.)"

Granted Collider isn't Hollywood Reporter or Variety; however, I'm certain they are still bound to journalistic integretity. Personally, I hope Jenkins keeps it character-focused while including big set pieces. Maybe an opening battle with Silver Swan for a big show of might before Circe as the main antagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    According to this Collider Report: Patty Jenkins’ ‘Rogue Squadron’ Reportedly Delayed Due to Creative Differences Patty still has some level of creative freedom on WW3.

"Jenkins wasn’t willing to dick around, and she has other projects, notably Wonder Woman 3 at Warner Bros., where she enjoys more creative freedom. (Disney and personal representatives for Jenkins and Kennedy declined to comment.)"

Granted Collider isn't Hollywood Reporter or Variety; however, I'm certain they are still bound to journalistic integretity. Personally, I hope Jenkins keeps it character-focused while including big set pieces. Maybe an opening battle with Silver Swan for a big show of might before Circe as the main antagonist.
    I've gotta wonder if Patty or the people from DC movies have heard the criticism of WW84 and try to correct the ship? If not, then that is putting on the blinders.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Wonder Woman looks great, and I loved how she jump ropes with the Lasso as her win pose. I also like that the Lasso can save comrades from "death." The little I could hear of Abby's voice sounded great; although, I wish they could have gotten Susan E. for Wonder Woman. Looking forward to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Wonder Woman looks great, and I loved how she jump ropes with the Lasso as her win pose. I also like that the Lasso can save comrades from "death." The little I could hear of Abby's voice sounded great; although, I wish they could have gotten Susan E. for Wonder Woman. Looking forward to the game.
    What game is this? Online?

Diana's your girl .

I'm cool with Abby Trott, but weirdly she's like the only non-reprisal in the game other than Steven Universe. Even she's not sure how this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Diana's your girl .

I'm cool with Abby Trott, but weirdly she's like the only non-reprisal in the game other than Steven Universe. Even she's not sure how this happened.
    I was waiting to joke Esienberg finally gets to voice a Diana who doesn't suck but then it looks like WW's the only recast.

lol, hopefully she's better than Korra's VA was at least.

Incredible Member

What game is this? Online?
    Multiversus is a WB Franchises platform fighting game similar to Super Smash Brothers from Nintendo if you're familiar with video games at all. Diana/Wonder Woman is one of the starting cast characters, and what I believe is supposed to be Themsycira is one of the locales you can fight. There's a huge statue of Diana there, so I'm making an assumption. It's a Free to Play game with online. The video below has footage and a more thorough explanation.

I was waiting to joke Esienberg finally gets to voice a Diana who doesn't suck but then it looks like WW's the only recast.

lol, hopefully she's better than Korra's VA was at least.
    Superman/Batman: Apocalypse?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Superman/Batman: Apocalypse?
    The same movie where she attempts kidnap someone, based off a Jeff Loeb comic, you consider a good WW portrayal?

Well, I guess she isn't falling head over heels for Supes and Bats in that movie, so marginal improvement over the DCAU and Taylor's Injustice...