Page 86 of 346 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 5178

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The same movie where she attempts kidnap someone, based off a Jeff Loeb comic, you consider a good WW portrayal?

Well, I guess she isn't falling head over heels for Supes and Bats in that movie, so marginal improvement over the DCAU and Taylor's Injustice...
    Well, to train Supergirl in the Amazonian ways. Seems forgivable .

That and this:

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The same movie where she attempts kidnap someone, based off a Jeff Loeb comic, you consider a good WW portrayal?

Well, I guess she isn't falling head over heels for Supes and Bats in that movie, so marginal improvement over the DCAU and Taylor's Injustice...
    I loved WW in that movie/comic lol. She and the Amazons were able to take care of Superman, showed what a potential danger a new Kryptonian was, took down all those Doomsdays and Diana was Queen.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I loved WW in that movie/comic lol. She and the Amazons were able to take care of Superman, showed what a potential danger a new Kryptonian was, took down all those Doomsdays and Diana was Queen.
    Actually, it was Superman who took down 'all' the Doomsdays. As far as we know, the amazons had deaths and/or injuries from the battle with the Doomsdays.

Funny that Batman was able to take on a Doomsday with an axe. What a man!! (sarcasm implied)

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Actually, it was Superman who took down 'all' the Doomsdays. As far as we know, the amazons had deaths and/or injuries from the battle with the Doomsdays.

Funny that Batman was able to take on a Doomsday with an axe. What a man!! (sarcasm implied)
    He took down most of them but she and the amazons also took down plenty. Its not meant as a definitive every single one

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    He took down most of them but she and the amazons also took down plenty. Its not meant as a definitive every single one
    Not sure how the amazons were able to take down any. If the Doomsdays weren't glass mirror image copies like in the latest Wonder Woman comic, not one of them should have been able to hurt one of these Doomsdays, save for Diana. That includes the Batgod!

TBF, they are Doomsday clones and while I think the Amazons are strong and fast and could take down a few on their own, I can't see them being able to defeat an army of Doomsdays with not causalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    So, who is Marvel's "Wonder Woman"? Again...in what capacity?
    It would be a female character who is the lead of their franchise (not a side kick or a female version of a male hero) with her own rogues gallery and has their own ongoing title. Technically, Marvel doesn't have a WW, even Carol is ultimately a female spin off of the male Captain Marvel, they just don't mention him nowadays but she is the one they're currently pushing as their female lead. WW has been consistently published till she reached 700 issues, the last time I checked the only other female hero who had an unbroken ongoing till they reached a 100 was the MC2 universe version of Spider-Girl/Mayday Parker. After that you have start adding up all the sporadic ongoings that She Hulk, Captain Marvel and Black Widow. I think Marvel is well aware of this weakness so they tend to overcompensate (especially in the era of diversity) but talking up how awesome their female roster are. Meanwhile, DC almost treats WW like a token they can put out to show how diverse they are but never really follow up on it. Currently, no female heroes outside of the Sup/Bat/WW sphere has any solo ongoings.

Either way, Carol has been the female lead of Marvel for the '10's and probably for most of the 20's as well. Good chance of Monica overtaking her if her MCU version becomes more popular. But until then, Carol is the lead, both in the comics, the MCU and even the EMH's cartoon that treated her with a certain reverences that I haven't see applied to WW.

I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH70PjMPs2M [stopping the Hulk]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABVXFumiPFc [joining the Avengers]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW8A-6JSY-Y [managing to push back Galactus before getting defeated]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wTmu1nOlyY [Rallying the villains to help them fight against a bigger threat]

Compared to this, the best DC seem to be able to do with WW is to give her fight scenes (which I don't mind) but fall short on actual character development. Or as a love interest to Superman or Batman. Or show her jobbing to show powerful the latest threat is. Or just slapping on the 'Daughter of Zeus' label with no respect to her actual comic book history.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It would be a female character who is the lead of their franchise (not a side kick or a female version of a male hero) with her own rogues gallery and has their own ongoing title. Technically, Marvel doesn't have a WW, even Carol is ultimately a female spin off of the male Captain Marvel, they just don't mention him nowadays but she is the one they're currently pushing as their female lead. WW has been consistently published till she reached 700 issues, the last time I checked the only other female hero who had an unbroken ongoing till they reached a 100 was the MC2 universe version of Spider-Girl/Mayday Parker. After that you have start adding up all the sporadic ongoings that She Hulk, Captain Marvel and Black Widow. I think Marvel is well aware of this weakness so they tend to overcompensate (especially in the era of diversity) but talking up how awesome their female roster are. Meanwhile, DC almost treats WW like a token they can put out to show how diverse they are but never really follow up on it. Currently, no female heroes outside of the Sup/Bat/WW sphere has any solo ongoings.

Either way, Carol has been the female lead of Marvel for the '10's and probably for most of the 20's as well. Good chance of Monica overtaking her if her MCU version becomes more popular. But until then, Carol is the lead, both in the comics, the MCU and even the EMH's cartoon that treated her with a certain reverences that I haven't see applied to WW.

I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH70PjMPs2M [stopping the Hulk]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABVXFumiPFc [joining the Avengers]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW8A-6JSY-Y [managing to push back Galactus before getting defeated]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wTmu1nOlyY [Rallying the villains to help them fight against a bigger threat]

Compared to this, the best DC seem to be able to do with WW is to give her fight scenes (which I don't mind) but fall short on actual character development. Or as a love interest to Superman or Batman. Or show her jobbing to show powerful the latest threat is. Or just slapping on the 'Daughter of Zeus' label with no respect to her actual comic book history.
    I think we've at least gotten equivalent moments of this in other productions (like animated movies or certain episodes of shows) even if it hasn't been consistently in one production. Aside from maybe DC Super Hero Girls.

I don't really think of Carol as the female of Marvel, though she's definitely one of the hardest they push.

I guess props to Avengers: EMH for not making Carol arm candy for Tony Stark.

More credit than you give the DCAU.

I guess props to Avengers: EMH for not making Carol arm candy for Tony Stark.

More credit than you give the DCAU.
    Speaking of Avengers, Grey Griffin is a better Diana than she is a Carol Danvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we've at least gotten equivalent moments of this in other productions (like animated movies or certain episodes of shows) even if it hasn't been consistently in one production. Aside from maybe DC Super Hero Girls.
    Name specific examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I don't really think of Carol as the female of Marvel, though she's definitely one of the hardest they push.
    She's too dislikable.

The Wonder Fam:

The Wonder Fam:

Love it. Though i hate Cassie constantly being viewed as the cute kid in the WW family nowadays. She desperately needs a revamp closer to pre-52

Incredible Member

The Wonder Fam:

Yara and Donna should switch places.