Page 87 of 336 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 5031

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Yara and Donna should switch places.
    Nah, Artemis should take Yara's spot.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The Wonder Fam:

I want Donna got go back to her old Post-Crisis costume and I think it's time for Cassie to get a new costume again.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Nah, Artemis should take Yara's spot.
    Yara is more important to the Wonderverse right now, so she should be front and center. Actually, Artemis is also more important, so maybe Donna should be in Artemis' place with Yara next to Diana.

Yara is more important to the Wonderverse right now, so she should be front and center. Actually, Artemis is also more important, so maybe Donna should be in Artemis' place with Yara next to Diana.
    It's fanart. People are placed where they are because that's how the artist wanted it.
    Last edited by Gaius; 11-20-2021 at 09:08 AM.

Who cares who sells better? Donna is the OG! DC can take away her origin, but not her seniority. And yeah, Artemis deserves Yara's spot for being the best and most consistent supporting character in the Wonderverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    She's too dislikable.
    I don't think Carol will ever fully be the female character for Marvel. Storm, She-Hulk and Invisible Woman all have higher chances due to their lasting presence in the comics. But really, Marvel may never have a definitive female superhero.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Yara should be included, but she's too much of a Johnny Come Lately compared to Donna and Artemis who have already put the work in as being established as important supporting characters to Diana. Or at least in Donna's case, spent time as Wonder Girl in a prolific classic DC run.

Artemis should have her spot and Donna's shouldn't be swapped out. But if it's just fanart, whatever.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I don't think Carol will ever fully be the female character for Marvel. Storm, She-Hulk and Invisible Woman all have higher chances due to their lasting presence in the comics. But really, Marvel may never have a definitive female superhero.
    Storm and invisible woman are part of a team and not solo characters and She Hulk will always be in the Shadow of Hulk

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It's fanart. People are placed where they are because that's how the artist wanted it.
    Obviously. I am commenting on the placing the artist chose. When someone/anyone chooses to share their art with the world, people comment on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Who cares who sells better? Donna is the OG! DC can take away her origin, but not her seniority. And yeah, Artemis deserves Yara's spot for being the best and most consistent supporting character in the Wonderverse.
    How true! However, seniority doesn't count for much in this case as Yara is the one with the Wonder Girl name and comic and was recently shown on a DC ad to encourage vaccinations among young kids. Yara is also the one who is going to play a major role in the Trial of the Amazons and was featured on the promo art.

Seniority got Donna one page that she shared with Cassie for Diana's return from the dead. Donna really needs better representation because seniority is getting her the bare minimum.

I can't believe this is a topic of debate.

The Wonder Girls are arranged based on their order of introduction. Donna is closer to the foreground since she was the first. Cassie is a little behind her since she was the second and Yara is a little further behind since she was just introduced and is the third WG.

Donna is standing next to Nubia with Diana in the foreground representing the fact that they are both Diana's closest sisters. Whether that sisterhood is due to them being clones/blood twins/adopted/whatever, doesn't matter. The point is Donna and Nubia are Diana's sisters.

The only change I would suggest for this drawing is to have Yara and Artemis standing on the opposite of the same steps, so they represent Amazons from different tribes.

Also have Phillipus appear more prominently next to Hippolyta representing her the Hipppolyta's right hand and primarily confidant and lover.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Do we really have to argue about placement? Even if this was official everyone is clearly seen and not a blip in the background. This is better than the official art we got of the family.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I want Donna got go back to her old Post-Crisis costume and I think it's time for Cassie to get a new costume again.
    I like Donna's (current?) armored costume with the shoulder guards and all the straps, it looks tactical and like she needs more protection than Wonder Woman but like she's still part of the family.

WG DT 43.jpg

I think it was Gaius who posted Cassie confronting Ares about her parentage and I'd almost forgotten how perfect the simple red and gold and ponytail looked on her. Her new costume is too many things...skirt, star leggings, jacket, red, yellow, blue, black, brown, headband and choker, often times less is more.

I like Donna's (current?) armored costume with the shoulder guards and all the straps, it looks tactical and like she needs more protection than Wonder Woman but like she's still part of the family.

WG DT 43.jpg

I think it was Gaius who posted Cassie confronting Ares about her parentage and I'd almost forgotten how perfect the simple red and gold and ponytail looked on her. Her new costume is too many things...skirt, star leggings, jacket, red, yellow, blue, black, brown, headband and choker, often times less is more.
    I do prefer the more “civie” look for Cassie (and Conner by extension) even if I think Cassie’s never had a costume that’s cemented as my favorite like Diana, Donna, and Artemis do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Agreed, I believe they sidelined Carol with her behavior in Civil War 1 and 2. I can forgive her transformation from Ms. to Captain and almost how she stole Monica's name, but not how she tends to act like Ann Coulter with superpowers.

Marvel is digging a deep hole for the Scarlet Witch to climb out of too, she was kind of in the running for top tier female hero but sadly not anymore, despite the success of Elizabeth Olsen's portrayal of her.

WG DT 43.jpg

It's always looked too clunky to me compared to her older costumes. The shoulder guards and straps seem unnecessary.

Her best modern design is still that black cosmic star suit: