Page 97 of 346 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 5178

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least she looks better in her actual game.
    Plus I actually do think she and the rest of the JL are going to die. Recently I had a sort of big brained moment where I think I know what Rocksteady is going to do. Rocksteady really likes the DCAU right? After all they brought back the DCAU VAs, they had Dini help with the first two Arkham games, etc. I’m pretty sure Rocksteady is going to use SS to basically set the Arkhamverse on the path to the Batman Beyond future with all the “main” heroes gone. Superman might survive since he’s still around in the Beyond future, but all the other major Leaguers will get killed. Since SS is a GAAS I’m sure there will be expansions where the Squad goes to Atlantis to kill Aquaman, Star City to kill Green Arrow, etc. That way if RS ever wants to make another Batman game they can still do Batman: Beyond Arkham or whatever.

Her solo game will be either in the same continuity as GK or be it’s own thing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I see that game fell into the "Diana needs a braid to be practical" school of thinking. Because everything else about her and all her contemporaries isn't impractical at all. Superman with no mask maintaining a secret ID? Hey, that's Superman. But god forbid Diana lets her hair down. No sir.

She's as strong as him? Well, sure. We're progressive... But she is a warrior so she needs a BIG CHUNKY, CLUNKY ARMOR SET! There you go. Nothing says "as strong as Superman" as "big chonky armor."

I know she may not be as strong as Clark in the game (especially since it looks like Clark's about to effortlessly kick her off of him), but goddamn. Take a lesson from barbarians in sword and sorcery if everyone is so obsessed with turning her into Xena:

"When a character wears armor, it says that they need it."

Diana's costume always looks like light armor because it is. She doesn't need plate.
    Even Harley is sporting buns so it isnt just Diana with the practical hair lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Long hair is difficult to animate.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    My point is that the practicality arguments largely only apply to women, which is some ol' bullshit. If Diana needs armor, there's no reason Superman shouldn't either. You can't say "he's Superman" without me being able to counter with "she's Wonder Woman."

If she's worried that some alien conqueror from beyond the stars may slam down and impale her, that's good reason for Clark to armor up as well. But he doesn't have to, so I call some ol' bullshit. You mean to tell me capes are practical and don't tangle up in combat? Or that dangling earrings are practical when they're something to grab and instantly cause massive pain to the user? Come on. Plenty about her design as we see it her isn't practical. It's the worst kind of "practicality" where they fix what will get Twitter mad at them (armored torso, tied up hair) but not other shit that's actually impractical too. :/

Hold her to the same standard of practicality you do everyone else. All I'm saying. I suppose Harley's hair being in buns is them doing that, but I don't know. The heavily armored look is even goofier when Harley isn't wearing anything protective at all, so it's not like practicality is a big concern. I think it just speaks that to them, Diana is a warrior and not much else... Which is a lot worse.

They got capes and cloaks doing just fine. Hair isn't rigged particularly differently from a cape, it just has more bones. Weight mapping isn't that much more complex for hair than it is for thin cloth. You weigh it less at the root so it stays attached to the scalp and increase towards the ends so it sways. Same with cloth attached to a clasp like a cape.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I have to wonder who in the video games division of ATT/WB hates the Flash given how many terrible costume designs he's had in adaptations between this, Injustice, and the DCEU.
    "The guy who moves fast and is all about fluid movement? ARMOR! LOTS AND LOTS OF CLUNKY ARMOR!"

Fire these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Plus I actually do think she and the rest of the JL are going to die. Recently I had a sort of big brained moment where I think I know what Rocksteady is going to do. Rocksteady really likes the DCAU right? After all they brought back the DCAU VAs, they had Dini help with the first two Arkham games, etc. I’m pretty sure Rocksteady is going to use SS to basically set the Arkhamverse on the path to the Batman Beyond future with all the “main” heroes gone. Superman might survive since he’s still around in the Beyond future, but all the other major Leaguers will get killed. Since SS is a GAAS I’m sure there will be expansions where the Squad goes to Atlantis to kill Aquaman, Star City to kill Green Arrow, etc. That way if RS ever wants to make another Batman game they can still do Batman: Beyond Arkham or whatever.

Her solo game will be either in the same continuity as GK or be it’s own thing.
    You really think they'll spare Superman? I strongly doubt it. I dunno, I remember thinking somewhere that they were going to snap Diana out of it and she was going to join them in taking down the League since... well they can't without some bullshit reasoning. But Diana is able to seriously fuck up or beat any of them.

That said, I think the player will likely get to decide if they execute or capture the Justice League.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-12-2021 at 02:16 PM.
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Hopefully they doesn’t impede on Artemis being in the Wonder Woman game.

They got capes and cloaks doing just fine. Hair isn't rigged particularly differently from a cape, it just has more bones. Weight mapping isn't that much more complex for hair than it is for thin cloth. You weigh it less at the root so it stays attached to the scalp and increase towards the ends so it sways. Same with cloth attached to a clasp like a cape.
    I just usually see that as the main reason for design changes involving hair.

Hair is harder because it’s a bunch of individual “strands” as opposed to a cape being one complete object. That’s what I’ve been told anyway.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Hair is harder because it’s a bunch of individual “strands” as opposed to a cape being one complete object. That’s what I’ve been told anyway.
    It is. I dont really care if they give her a braid. Just give her a good costume.

Take this with a grain of salt since while I studied software engineering to major in game design as an undergrad, I had to drop out to take care of family and it's been a while since then. Still, I study the industry/game files for fun as a way to scratch an age old itch, so I have a slightly informed opinion on this.

It is and isn't. Generally, hair is split into islands (for lack of a better term) that have some raw strands around them, but for the purpose of visualization, imagine hair like a cape that is comprised of smaller capes and each of them has a few stray strings to create the illusion that the rest are that way as well. It's sculpted to look like individual strands, and sometimes even is, but it's rigged and weighted more as regions that move together. Physics engines and collisions aren't precise enough for all hair to be tessellated in real time without going haywire often. You can do it in films like Brave because that is a closed environment where things can be tuned when the physics engine fails. In an open world sandbox? Not so much. You ever see videos of Bethesda games where physics is going haywire? Sometimes it happens with Batman's cape or something. That'd be happening all the time with hair considering all the collisions taking place in an incredibly dense area. It would also tax a lot of memory that is better allocated elsewhere.

So it's definitely easier to do ponytails that you can generally rig alongside a straight spine and add weight maps accordingly whereas looser hair (think Tifa from FFVII Remake) requires several "spines" to be able to make her hair twist and bend in a way that looks natural. It definitely requires more work to setup, but it functions much like a cape which needs several lines through it (like a wing typically does) to simulate bends properly.

If you can rig and weight map a cape, you generally know what to do with hair. It's more complex, but the same basic principle. Nothing outside the skill set of people talented enough to make Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League which is showcasing impressive proficiency across the board. Diana's design is clearly a choice instead of a necessity.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-12-2021 at 04:12 PM.
    May we never forget:

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

I ain't trading MAWS for shit, bud.
    I'm kinda late to this, but what is MAWS?

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    I'm kinda late to this, but what is MAWS?
    My Adventures with Superman, the upcoming Superman cartoon coming 2023.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

My Adventures with Superman, the upcoming Superman cartoon coming 2023.
    So does this mean it is from Lois's point of view?

Then you do it the BTAS way as one big mass, the braid is cheating.

PAMELA.jpg

Dunno but the trio (Clark, Lois, and Jimmy) are being billed as the main characters so it won’t just be from Clark’s perspective.

We know very little, but presumably, yes. It looks to be more of a slice of life anime (we have designs for Lois, Jimmy and Clark but nothing for Superman) so the first look points us in that direction.

Not much else is known.
    May we never forget: