Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mundane things Superman does with his powers

What are your favorite things Superman /Clark has done with his powers to either amuse himself or to do something he needs?

I really like it when he uses his heat vision to warm up his food or drinks. He should try more of that in the movies..

I think it's in the Smallville pilot, but there's a scene where Martha is baking and Clark takes the baking sheet out of the oven bare handed. I always liked stuff like that and it's so simple and easy to do and sells his abilities.

Using heat vision to shave.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I still wonder about him cutting his hair. Does he use mirrors for that too? must be hard to trim the back of his head.

Super-speed typing .

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    This. I always find it hilarious. I also like when he uses his powers on the sly to save people while he’s Clark Kenting

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Taking care of a baby,superman style

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This. I always find it hilarious. I also like when he uses his powers on the sly to save people while he’s Clark Kenting
    This, shaving, etc. I also like when he uses them for random acts of kindness like heat vision to ensure all the coffee Jimmy has bring everyone stayed hot, giving Perry a quick x-ray to see if he's developed any signs of cancer, etc.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That was a great issue. I'd love to see Benjamin Percy work on Superman.

Just that casual use of his power to help everyday working people.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 10-01-2020 at 02:48 PM.

I like his ability to make diamonds out of a rock? How does he do it?! And what are the most famous times he has done it? He did it in a movie and the comics too, right?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I like his ability to make diamonds out of a rock? How does he do it?! And what are the most famous times he has done it? He did it in a movie and the comics too, right?
    It's a piece of coal. Since coal is mainly carbon, and diamonds are also carbon in a very tight atomic structure, Kal uses super-strength to squeeze the coal into a diamond. He used it in the comics all the time. Once, on Bizarro world, he did it (since he needed money) and it didn't help him. He didn't realize that on Bizarro world diamonds are rubbish and it's coal that's used as money.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    It's a piece of coal. Since coal is mainly carbon, and diamonds are also carbon in a very tight atomic structure, Kal uses super-strength to squeeze the coal into a diamond. He used it in the comics all the time. Once, on Bizarro world, he did it (since he needed money) and it didn't help him. He didn't realize that on Bizarro world diamonds are rubbish and it's coal that's used as money.
    Thank you, I didn't know that haha!

I doubt the coal-to-diamond trick would really work, but it's fine in most uses, where the stories are pretty cartoonish.

I like when Superman cooks food with his heat vision too. I also like when he can, say, write backwards really fast, or read a book upside down and flat on a table across the room without opening it.

Er, that last one may have only happened once, I can't remember where I saw it, but I thought it was really cool.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I doubt the coal-to-diamond trick would really work, but it's fine in most uses, where the stories are pretty cartoonish.
    Well, that is in fact sort of how synthetic diamonds are manufactured: a carbon source is squeezed to a pressure of about 50,000 atmospheres (a process that occurs at a temperature of about 1400 degrees Celsius, but Superman could certainly handle that). There are other methods of synthesizing diamonds (most diamonds used in industrial applications are in fact synthetic), but the high-pressure-high-temperature method was the first to be developed and is still widely used.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

You know, I love whenever Clark just eats something people shouldn't be able to (the most notorious being kryptonite). The reactions are usually great.