Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very X-cited Member TheMutantTheorist's Avatar

Default What place do Non-Human mutants have on Krakoa?

Non-Human Mutants
    Krakoa is the new future for all mutants alike. It's a nation that welcomes all mutants and aims to spread that message cosmically. We've seen gates planted in space as well as mutants living on the moon. What we fail to remember is that mutation is not only unique to humans, this genetic anomaly is observed in many other species. The only Non-human mutants seen to be on Krakoa were Broo and Warlock but Broo cant get through the gates himself despite being a mutant which confirms the theory that you need to have an x-gene to pass through. Does Krakoa plan to open its nation to non-human mutants?

Alien:
    Stakar Ogord aka Starhawk (Arcturan)
    Aleta Ogord aka Starhawk (Arcturan)
    Chosen and Rejects (Beginagains)
    Ariel (Coconut Grove)
    Dalabuur (Unknown Species)
    Sporr (Fomaulhauti)
    Xlyym (Fomaulhauti)
    Gaia (Unknown Species)
    Horde (Unknown Species)
    Tsu-Zana aka Ultra Girl (Kree)
    Tyros aka Terrax the Tamer (Landlak)
    Lunatik (Unknown Species)
    Maht Pacle aka Obliterator (Elder of the Universe)
    Broo (Brood)
    No-Name (Brood)
    Cal'syee Neramani aka Deathbird (Shi’ar)
    Unknown Name (Prime Skrull)
    Fiz (Skrull)
    G'illian Blax'zthor (Skrull)
    Goroth (Skrull)
    Jaq (Skrull)
    Nuro (Skrull)
    R’tee (Skrull)
    Spunje (Skrull)
    Z’Cann (Skrull)
    Warlock (Technarch)
    Tyro (Technarch)
    Varanus (Vorm)
    Kologoth Antares (Dartayan)
    Reptyl (Saurian)
    Bolaa (Rigellian)
    Jukka (Rigellian)
    Tryx (Rigellian)
    Zzzxx (Klyntar)
    Roughouse (Asgardian)

Arthropod:
    Don (Lobster)
    Mutant Crabs

Insect:
    Fritz von Meyer (Bees)

Feline:
    Kitten aka Pretend Mutant (Cat)
    Mutant Cat
    Splatter Gomorrah’s Cat (Mutant)
    Rufus (Cat)
    Mutant Lion

Genus Homo:
    Crosta (Atlantean)
    Eel (Atlantean)
    Sharkskin (Atlantean)
    Undertow (Atlantean)
    Namora (Atlantean) (2189)
    Val-Or (Moloid)
    Thanos (Eternal)
    Armour (Eternal/Thanosi)
    Korvos (Eternal)
    Mystic (Eternal/Thanosi)
    Omega (Eternal/Thanosi)
    Terraxia (Eternal)
    Thane (Inhuman/Eternal)
    Warrior (Eternal/Thanosi)
    X (Eternal/Thanosi)
    Devlor (Inhuman)
    Avia (Nhu’Ghari)
    Martinex T’Naga (Pluvian) (Possible Mutant)

Krakoa:
    Arakko (Island)
    Krakoa (Brood/Island)
    Krakoa (Island)
    Krakoa Sinister London (Island)
    Krakoa II (Island)
    Krakoa III (Island)
    Krakoas (Hellfire Clones)
    Vega-Superior (Spawn of Krakoa)

Reptile:
    Gila Monster
    Mutant Crocodiles
    Devil Dinosaur (Devil Beast)
    Raina (Hauk’ka)
    Kaidan (Hauk’ka)
    Masano (Hauk’ka)

Robot:
    Danger (Danger Room)
    Karima Shapandar (Omega Sentinel)
    Sentinel Number 2 (Sentinel MK II)
    Wild Sentinels
    Alpha (Nanite Sentinel Swarm)
    Bastions Sentinels

Virus:
    A.I.M. Developed Viruses
    Thomas Samuels (Pollo)
    Virusplauge (Virus)

Simian:
    Moon Boy (New Folk)
    Cuddle-Face (Ape)
    Mutant Baboon

Non-Homo-Superior Mutants:
    Craig Hollis aka Mr. Immortal (Homo Supreme)
    Shevaun Haldane aka Dark Angel (New kind of mutant)
    Kaga (Textbook definition mutant)

Homo-Superior with Unique X-Genes:
    James Hudson Jr. aka Wolverine (1610)
    Lana Baumgartner aka Bombshell (1610)
    Nomi Blume aka Mach II (1610)
    Derek Morgan aka Guardian (1610)
    Hisako Ichiki aka Armor (1610)
    Pietro Lensherr aka Quicksilver (1610)
    Janet Van Dyne aka Wasp (1610)
    13s Mutants

The X Men have collaborated with many non-human mutants. Many of these mutants becoming X-Men and finding community within the ranks of the human mutants. To name a few these mutants are: Warlock, Ariel, Don the Lobster, Devil Dinosaur, Moon Boy, Gaia, Broo, Crosta, Danger, KrakoaIII

Honorable Mentions:
    Neo
    Proto Mutants

* This list does not include mutant hybrids *
    Last edited by TheMutantTheorist; 09-29-2020 at 02:13 PM.

A mutant (species) is not the same as a being that was born with a mutation that differentiates it from its species (Thanos).

For example, after a retcon, Squirrel Girl has a "squirrel gene" but she is not a mutant with Gen X.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Edit: never mind you sort of answered your own question.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-29-2020 at 02:09 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    A mutant (species) is not the same as a being that was born with a mutation that differentiates it from its species (Thanos).

For example, after a retcon, Squirrel Girl has a "squirrel gene" but she is not a mutant with Gen X.
    What mutant species are you referring too?
    And is squirrel girl still considered a mutant although it's not a mutation triggered by the x-gene?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantTheorist View Post
    What mutant species are you referring too?
    And is squirrel girl still considered a mutant although it's not a mutation triggered by the x-gene?
    Cerise. Longshot Ariel(?) Are still considered Mutants
    Last edited by BroHomo; 09-29-2020 at 08:27 PM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Where did we see Broo can’t use the gates? I don’t remember that.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Make their own Krakoa. There’s no reason that a bunch of Skrull mutants can’t just find some decrepit asteroid field and live in a whole different galaxy from their oppressors. Just because they share an X-gene doesn’t mean that human mutants have a mandate to save every mutant in the universe. Every species has mutants. Some are going to thrive and dominate like Krakoa has the potential to, or they’ll get killed off because they weren’t strong enough to assert their superiority or smart enough to leave when they couldn’t.
    Last edited by chief12d; 09-29-2020 at 07:56 PM.

Brand pretty much answers this. She is half alien and half human and has an x-gene. And as such she can go through the gate. Also we know for a fact humans can go through gates because they did on HOX as long as they are accompanied by mutants. So humans can use the gates Krakoa just doesn't let them and that's it's choice i would assume unless someone asks. Kyle didn't seem to have a problem going to work in X-factor and he is human.

So aliens with an X-gene, here is your Krakoa plant. At least that is what i am imagining will happen in S.W.O.R.D. Asgardians with an x- gene.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

I think the point is just to create a critical mass of homo sapiens superior and create a singularity or something, so they don't need any gene trash getting the way.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Brand pretty much answers this. She is half alien and half human and has an x-gene. And as such she can go through the gate. Also we know for a fact humans can go through gates because they did on HOX as long as they are accompanied by mutants. So humans can use the gates Krakoa just doesn't let them and that's it's choice i would assume unless someone asks. Kyle didn't seem to have a problem going to work in X-factor and he is human.

So aliens with an X-gene, here is your Krakoa plant. At least that is what i am imagining will happen in S.W.O.R.D. Asgardians with an x- gene.
    I think theres a misconception that non-human mutants have an x-gene. These mutants do not pocess an x-gene and if they do, it would be somewhat different. I was also thinking as well that krakoa would adapt to their biology and let them come through the gates.
    To answer another question I saw, cerise is not a mutant, she is a mutate. Longshot is a human mutant despite his extraterrestrial origins.
    Ariel is included on the list and is a coconut grove mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Make their own Krakoa. There’s no reason that a bunch of Skrull mutants can’t just find some decrepit asteroid field and live in a whole different galaxy from their oppressors. Just because they share an X-gene doesn’t mean that human mutants have a mandate to save every mutant in the universe. Every species has mutants. Some are going to thrive and dominate like Krakoa has the potential to, or they’ll get killed off because they weren’t strong enough to assert their superiority or smart enough to leave when they couldn’t.
    I think it would be smart for krakoa to make connections out of the earth. It would extend the power of mutants and stop oppression on other planets.
    Last edited by TheMutantTheorist; 09-29-2020 at 09:43 PM.

I think theres a misconception that non-human mutants have an x-gene. These mutants do not pocess an x-gene and if they do, it would be somewhat different. I was also thinking as well that krakoa would adapt to their biology and let them come through the gates.

To answer another question I saw, cerise is not a mutant, she is a mutate. Longshot is a human mutant despite his extraterrestial origins.
    Ariel is included on the list and is a coconut grove mutant.
    i definitely understand what your saying and for the most part agree but i do think they will have something close enough to an x-gene that cerebro will be able to pick them up. I think what will make it different though is the chromosome count given aliens may have a different number and that's part of the reason i use brand as an example. I doubt her physiology is 100% human given her alien genome so if a alien species has like 48 chromosomes they may have the x-gene on 29 as opposed to 23rd chromosome like human mutants which could cause them to develop differently. But i do think it is important they have some equivalent of the x-gene. Because they aren't just a people who represent mutants or mutates of a species now they are an identified group with mutant having a specific classification and x-gene equivalency.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

To answer another question I saw, cerise is not a mutant, she is a mutate. Longshot is a human mutant despite his extraterrestrial origins.
    Ariel is included on the list and is a coconut grove mutant
    Nah Cerise is a shiar mutant, Ariel...coconut grove mutant...Longshot is a genetic clone of shatterstar so I guess technically hes a mutant but his powers are magical in nature....

i definitely understand what your saying and for the most part agree but i do think they will have something close enough to an x-gene that cerebro will be able to pick them up. I think what will make it different though is the chromosome count given aliens may have a different number and that's part of the reason i use brand as an example. I doubt her physiology is 100% human given her alien genome so if a alien species has like 48 chromosomes they may have the x-gene on 29 as opposed to 23rd chromosome like human mutants which could cause them to develop differently. But i do think it is important they have some equivalent of the x-gene. Because they aren't just a people who represent mutants or mutates of a species now they are an identified group with mutant having a specific classification and x-gene equivalency.
    well since the Celestials embedded the potential for genetic mutation/inhumaness In humans and beings like the Shiar...Kree...etc it stands to reason there are cosmic mutants out there. Your thoughts on the X-Gene being on different genetic markers thats lilke Warren Ellis run of Astonishing X-Men: Ghost Boxes
    GrindrStone(D)

Sounds quite like an eugenistic projet… It’s quite different from building a safe haven for mutants, which is the politically correct message that is usually sent.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Spectacular Member

Brand's not a mutant because of her alien heritage though. She outright tells Magneto that her mutant powers come from her human parent in AvX: Consequences:

As long as they are related to or are banging the right mutants, they can live on Krakoa. That's my reading.