Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Homelander (Boys tv show) vs Heroes universe

Every super-human from the Heroes universe vs Homelander. Who wins?

All he has to do is speed blitz and hit the biggest threats first. He is fast enough to do it too plus flight, lasers, and strength.

The problem
    For heroes is everyone in general has only o e powers, rules in place, and puny durability.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Yeah, Homelander just blitzes Matt, Peter, Arthur and Hiro - everyone else is a joke to him and can't hurt him even if he tries to let them. Even Sylar can't really hurt the guy based on his TK feats.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

While he wins, what is this about Homelander blitzing anyone? He has no super speed outside of flying whatsoever. Saving Stillwells baby and Butcher from the explosion that had just went off is a huge outlier and well outside of his presentation as it would make him so fast that there would be no need for a speedster on the team.

He wins this, no doubt. But he does not have super speed.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    While he wins, what is this about Homelander blitzing anyone? He has no super speed outside of flying whatsoever. Saving Stillwells baby and Butcher from the explosion that had just went off is a huge outlier and well outside of his presentation as it would make him so fast that there would be no need for a speedster on the team.

He wins this, no doubt. But he does not have super speed.
    Homelander has at least one legit speed feat that can't be explained with just travel speed. In the last episode of season one, he saved Butcher from that explosive vest.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Homelander has at least one legit speed feat that can't be explained with just travel speed. In the last episode of season one, he saved Butcher from that explosive vest.
    He super speed saved Butcher and baby mid explosion. He out did a explosion. He also flies so far he can tour the world with ease. In moments.

The flight is a huge deal as he can laser mid air.

Also the speedster thing is for the public stuff. Homelander is pretty much evil Super Man. So has majority of powers to Ed to Bots verse scale.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Yeah, Homelander just blitzes Matt, Peter, Arthur and Hiro - everyone else is a joke to him and can't hurt him even if he tries to let them. Even Sylar can't really hurt the guy based on his TK feats.
    Bigadventure,

It sounds like you're forgeting something very important. If you don't save the cheerleader, how will you save the world???!!!

I'm talking about the nuclear explosion guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Bigadventure,

It sounds like you're forgeting something very important. If you don't save the cheerleader, how will you save the world???!!!

I'm talking about the nuclear explosion guy.

Someone else to blitz, or just to spam heat vision, à la Iron Man 2 (a quick circle of laser eyes and the party's over). Also, at worst, he just flies up out of range, then flies back down. Everyone else would be dead, and he's definitely proven capable of outflying explosions after they start.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Literally addressed this in the post you replied to.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    He super speed saved Butcher and baby mid explosion. He out did a explosion.
    As I said, that is an outlier.

He also flies so far he can tour the world with ease. In moments.
    Travel speed =/= Reaction

The flight is a huge deal as he can laser mid air.
    Literally means nothing for his reaction speed

Also the speedster thing is for the public stuff.
    He'd break the legs of any speedster to prove he is the fastest.

Homelander is pretty much evil Super Man. So has majority of powers to Ed to Bots verse scale.
    Doesn't work that way, a lot of versions of Superman lack super speed, let alone expys.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Cody, honestly, it's not an outlier by board rules. He doesn't have enough on-screen feats to not allow something that seems totally in his wheelhouse. If the dude had dozens of feats of not being fast, then one of being fast, we'd chuck out the "fast" one. But that's not the case. What we have is his presentation as the best/most of everything combined with A-Train, who is fast as all hell and strong enough to tow a locomotive or to trivially smash people or reinforced concrete, literally pooping his own pants at the thought that Homelander might be annoyed at him. We then have him using superspeed once-ish, to great effect. There's simply not enough there to chuck out that feat, especially when it does not go against his presentation at all. Further support: he also grid-searches a city at super-speed, which also requires solid reaction speed.

Cody, honestly, it's not an outlier by board rules. He doesn't have enough on-screen feats to not allow something that seems totally in his wheelhouse.
    That is the thing though; it isn't in his wheelhouse. It certainly never was the case in the comics(and yes, I know this is a different universe but the point is from day one of his very creation he had never displayed any form of super speed prior to the explosion) and superspeed was not once something he has shown or stated to have in universe that would imply he has super speed, let alone a level that would make a drugged up Atrain look like a snail in comparison.

If the dude had dozens of feats of not being fast, then one of being fast, we'd chuck out the "fast" one.
    We kinda do with the hostages on the plane. Keep in mind he thought the idea of himself being able to go back and forth, carrying a couple people at a time from the plane to safety was ludicrous. Yet for someone who managed to protect Butcher and the baby from an explosion, that shouldn't have been too much of an issue. Then there is the length of time it took him to get out of some rubble that Kimikos brother put him under. It isn't like he was harmed by it, and it isn't like he would physically struggle with some rubble, yet by the time he got out and to Stormfront, the one who put him there was dead. That isn't getting into the fact that, if he had super speed, he could have just ripped the detonator out of Butchers hand before he pulled the trigger. And of course there was his failure to take down the terrorist that had the pilot of the plane mentioned above held at gunpoint before he had time to blow the pilots brains out. If he had been presented as someone with superspeed, he would have either stopped the bullet after it was fired, or take the terrorist down before he pulled the trigger. Yet both he and Maeve were too slow to stop him.

What we have is his presentation as the best/most of everything combined
    Not really, All he has shown to be was that he was the strongest and toughest member of the 7, not the fastest by any means.

with A-Train, who is fast as all hell and strong enough to tow a locomotive or to trivially smash people or reinforced concrete, literally pooping his own pants at the thought that Homelander might be annoyed at him.
    That's because he can't hurt him while Homelander can easily kill him with a flick of his hand or by staring at him. Doesn't necessarily imply he is faster, i mean no speedster in the DCU and such likes the idea of going toe to toe with a class 100 brick, despite their speed advantage.

We then have him using superspeed once-ish, to great effect. There's simply not enough there to chuck out that feat, especially when it does not go against his presentation at all.
    He has never been presented as having superspeed though. Going by my examples above, it has been the opposite.

Further support: he also grid-searches a city at super-speed, which also requires solid reaction speed.
    Not when you have supervision and can scan from above with it. Which is what was implied he had been doing.

Atrain has shown off his superspeed even when it came to even small tasks, it is a staple of what he could do. Homelander never shows this. He doesn't even show any form of bullet timing, as shown by his failure to prevent a bullet from killing the pilot of the hijacked plane.

With a character presented to have super speed, these incidents I mentioned would be low showings, or PIS. But the situation here is the reverse. Here we have a character that has never shown to have super speed, and instead has the instances I mentioned above showcasing the opposite, and one outlier of him performing a level of speed beyond that.
    Last edited by Cody; 10-01-2020 at 09:28 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

I think the best thing to do for now is wait for more speed feats for Homelander before we can start giving them to him.

Regarding the plane fiasco though, it's not like Homelander cared about saving anyone there given how he twisted it in the aftermath.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I think the best thing to do for now is wait for more speed feats for Homelander before we can start giving them to him.

Regarding the plane fiasco though, it's not like Homelander cared about saving anyone there given how he twisted it in the aftermath.
    I also think the reason he did not fly people out of the plane was going that fast in flight at such a high altitude, wouldn’t the passengers die from pressure change/air/friction?

Hell in Hancock he told that girl if he was to fly her to have a helmet so her face does not get peeled off.

Homelander goes through so many phases of his life just not giving a crap. He mistakenly kills people, lets them die by accident, assassinates people on purpose, and refuses to do things if he, well, doesn't feel like it. IIRC, when he was NOT saving the plane, his excuses were "if I lift the plane, it'll break" and then, when asked to save individuals, said he wouldn't because basically that he'd look silly flying people out a couple at a time.

Homelander goes through so many phases of his life just not giving a crap. He mistakenly kills people, lets them die by accident, assassinates people on purpose, and refuses to do things if he, well, doesn't feel like it. IIRC, when he was NOT saving the plane, his excuses were "if I lift the plane, it'll break" and then, when asked to save individuals, said he wouldn't because basically that he'd look silly flying people out a couple at a time.
    Yeah he is a lazy duck about it.