Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Aww. I hope Rockslide does eventually get resurrected. The character does not have a ton of depth and was mostly comedy relief, but he was one of the few New X-Men to survive through all the horrible stuff that happened between HoM and now, so for him to die permanently now seems... weird and kinda sad.

Screw Summoner, someone drag that [redacted] by the hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    That's from the Creation issue. When they first get to Otherworld and see that the horde has Unus.
    OMG. Clearly I need to reread that.

Spectacular Member

I feel sorry for Rockslide, but on the other hand I'm glad that the protocols stopped working, it was time for the "new gods" to get off their perfect fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I mostly understood that, but then why didn’t that happen to Jamie when they brought him back? He was killed in Otherworld.... actually, never mind. It could be that he’s half Otherworld. I wouldn’t mind seeing that play out. Maybe he isn’t out Jamie and the cerebro didn’t blank out because he’s a reality manipulator.
    They assumed that it was bc Rockslide died in Otherworld. They have no other example to actually back up that claim. There may be more to it that we simply have not figured out yet. That claim doesnt even make sense to me

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I mostly understood that, but then why didn’t that happen to Jamie when they brought him back? He was killed in Otherworld.... actually, never mind. It could be that he’s half Otherworld. I wouldn’t mind seeing that play out. Maybe he isn’t out Jamie and the cerebro didn’t blank out because he’s a reality manipulator.
    Jaime died before Secret Wars, when all alternate realities were destroyed (and Otherworld was destroyed as well). After that, 616 was the first world rebuilt by Reed Richards. The Cerebros' files that Xavier currently has were rebuilt just like all existence after Secret Wars.

So, maybe that's why he's gotten lucky. Simple speculation.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Ah, nevermind.
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 09-30-2020 at 08:57 AM. Reason: reading is hard

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Well, Otherworld is omniversal magic. It's like a free pass in suspension of disbelief
    Yeah, that's gotta be it. I guess there is some precedent. Wanda's spell. It rewrote reality in such a way that mutants couldn't even be born, or get their x-gene reactivated by science. I remember Beast finding out that even dead mutants had their x-gene deactivated. Until the Phoenix broke that spell.

I guess Otherworld's magic alters reality in such a way that any form of resurrection will result in what happened to Santo.

This was a fun issue. It also has some major implications for future X-Books. The Resurrection Protocols are one of the lynchpins for the X-Men in the Krakoa era. Without them, they're considerably more vulnerable. They'd basically just be another Genosha waiting to happen. I think everyone in the Quiet Council is aware of that.

But what happened with Rockslide is intriguing. It implies that there's some odd gray area with the Resurrection protocol. I have a feeling that'll come into play very soon. And it's bound to affect certain characters more than others. It'll also complicate X-Factor's job considerably when all is said and done. It's interesting stuff and potentially game-changing. I really like it and I look forward to seeing more.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Oh and in HOX they said that the entire resurrection process takes 48 hours. I can buy it expedited, less than an hour down from 48....WTF?!?!? This book made it appear like it was just a few minutes at that

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Oh and in HOX they said that the entire resurrection process takes 48 hours. I can buy it expedited, less than an hour down from 48....WTF?!?!? This book made it appear like it was just a few minutes at that
    They did say they were getting better at it as time went by.

So, last week I said how cool it was that we were getting a high fantasy shonen tournament arc AND NOW there’s a “you die in the game, you die in real life” rule to all this? Fucking bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    They did say they were getting better at it as time went by.
    48 hours down to a few minutes is too drastic though. Thats way beyond a significant improvement in the span of like a couple of months.

It would be hilarious if Rockslide's failure was bc they rushed the process and f--ked it up as a result

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The Five were shown to be very concerned about the quick resurrection turnaround, and anyway they did it before with [A] in Excalibur. Although that may have been more than an hour, but not by much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Everyone mourning Rockslide as if he was some important person in all of their lives felt a bit weird to me.
    He was the annoying little brother they didn't particularly like but it was comforting to know he'd always be there

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Considering how time works in comics, none of the other resurrections felt like 48 hours.
    "Cable was right!"