Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    So, last week I said how cool it was that we were getting a high fantasy shonen tournament arc AND NOW there’s a “you die in the game, you die in real life” rule to all this? Fucking bravo.
    Pretty sure the only deaths will be either Gorgon, Doug, or Brian. The the least important characters in the cast. I assume Doug and Brian. Hickman loves Gorgon to much to keep him out of the books

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Everyone mourning Rockslide as if he was some important person in all of their lives felt a bit weird to me.
    Probably because the mutants there have known Rockslide for years..

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    [A]'s line about not asking for a connection to Rictor was weird, pretty sure he purposefully made a connection in order to manipulate him.
    Nowhere was it said in Excalibur that Apocalypse was out to “manipulate Rictor” besides theories and guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Considering how time works in comics, none of the other resurrections felt like 48 hours.
    The X-men on the Orchis mission went there knowing they were more than likely gonna die so I think they already had the husks prepared for them. Xavier already has husks as he's the template for Proteus. Aero already had one prepred as well as part of the Crucible process.

When Jean and Quentin died in Wolverine, it felt like there's took time bc it was unplanned. Ditto with Cecilia.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Everyone mourning Rockslide as if he was some important person in all of their lives felt a bit weird to me.
    The only two expressing true sorrow for him were Emma and Lorna. Emma made sense; Lorna not so much
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-30-2020 at 09:20 AM.

I find it intriguing that Apocalypse has a Storm-like view of the resurrection process. Like "Yes, it's good to have it but you have to fight for your life as if you didn't have it." He refuses to give up and let himself die just because is convenient.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They assumed that it was bc Rockslide died in Otherworld. They have no other example to actually back up that claim. There may be more to it that we simply have not figured out yet. That claim doesnt even make sense to me
    Yeah, issue #2 of the 22 part story, I would be surprised if it was that simple or was the end of that plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Not sure why she was so distraught over Rocksilde. She has no personal connection to him, and while I understand the feeling that she could have done more, this was all before we learned of the Otherworld wrinkle.
    I was initially thinking this too, but then when you add up her own self-loathing, the fact that she watched someone so young die before her eyes, AND the shock that it was a permanent death it starts to make sense.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I find it intriguing that Apocalypse has a Storm-like view of the resurrection process. Like "Yes, it's good to have it but you have to fight for your life as if you didn't have it." He refuses to give up and let himself die just because is convenient.
    I mean given the crucible, that's hardly surprising.

Is the last sword in this prophecy Apocalypse or Cyclops?

Spectacular Member

Another interesting question - Wind Dancer died in the Mojoverse. Does that mean she can't be resurrected?

The question that I am posing is it any deaths off world are true deaths, or only deaths in Otherworld are true deaths? May be semantics but it's a key distinction.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Nowhere was it said in Excalibur that Apocalypse was out to “manipulate Rictor” besides theories and guesses.
    He literally needed a "master of the earth" for his ritual and used Rictor for his powers to build the External Gate. He also somehow cured his out of control powers and depression in order to make him useful, which still hasn't been properly explained in Excalibur. If y'all want to ship the two that's fine, but [A] was absolutely using Rictor.

Is Mojoverse a nexus of all realities? Serious question because I dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Pretty sure the only deaths will be either Gorgon, Doug, or Brian. The the least important characters in the cast. I assume Doug and Brian. Hickman loves Gorgon to much to keep him out of the books
    I feel like Betsy might be a good candidate too. It could lead to some good twists on her classic identity issues

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    Another interesting question - Wind Dancer died in the Mojoverse. Does that mean she can't be resurrected?

The question that I am posing is it any deaths off world are true deaths, or only deaths in Otherworld are true deaths? May be semantics but it's a key distinction.
    The issue isn't dying in another universe, though realistically that should technically make your first resurrection a failure. It's the feedback loop that wipes all your back ups which I presume is Otherworld exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    Is the last sword in this prophecy Apocalypse or Cyclops?
    It's Apocalypse, says the last page of data.

An interesting thing is that in the prophecy there are only nine members. Unless Doug and Warlock count as two.

Magik, Cable, Doug/Warlock, Betsy, Brian, Storm, Logan, Gorgon and Apocalypse.

But also Gorgon has two swords...

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It's Apocalypse, says the last page of data.

An interesting thing is that in the prophecy there are only nine members. Unless Doug and Warlock count as two.

Magik, Cable, Doug/Warlock, Betsy, Brian, Storm, Logan, Gorgon and Apocalypse.

But also Gorgon has two swords...
    spoilers:
    Jean and/or Cyclops
    end of spoilers is speculated to be the final sword bearer