Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    That’s why Doug is perfect to die. He was barely in the new mutants book so no book NEEDS him but him dying creates conflict, plus we will probably get crazy evil “new” Doug who wants to join the phalanx or something. Who knows? Though technically they could kill any character and the ones we see going forward are the reboot versions of them
    Barely used? Doug's been the second most NM in this current era after Magik by Hickman. Brisson has used him just as much as the others

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    At this point it is whatever they want things to be when the story suits it, but if we can trust Hickman gave us the rules and has not changed them, it possible nothing odd about Otherworld is happening, but maybe it specifically has to do with Rockslide and how Summoner killed him (or did not kill him).
    Why does Lorna think she could have stopped the summoner? He didn’t use a metal sword to kill rockslide. What was she gonna do? Throw her helmet at him?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Barely used? Doug's been the second most NM in this current era after Magik by Hickman. Brisson has used him just as much as the others
    Yeah but who reads new mutants?

Mighty Member

Given the sales, most folks. There ain't exactly some gap between most of the X-books other than X-men. I know this forum likes to pretend things are different from reality, but it's not. It's like #4 or 5 on the list of X-titles
    Last edited by Woozie; 09-30-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Fantastic Member

I feel like I've seen Doug in almost every series since HOX/DOX started: New Mutants, HOX, POX, X-Men Giant Sized, X-Factor... I feel like he's THE MOST used NM character.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Actually, if they're counting both of Gorgon's swords then no, they got 10.
    I just checked and the summoning circle created by Lorna has room for 10 people. If we assume that Doug and Warlock occupy the same rune/symbol, it does not matter if Gorgon has two swords, there is a mystery here.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Pretty good issue. Echoing others, Otherworld messing with the Resurrection Protocols is interesting and it was sad seeing Santo die (sue me, I like the New X-Men). I did want to smack Magneto when he was giving Polaris crap about the prophecy but it seemed to work and I'd be lying if I said I didn't smile when he basically told A "This is all your fault." No doubt A will probably be proven to be right all along by the end of the event, but I'll take whatever wins I can get at this point.
    Make Good Art

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yeah I think it was because of the actual true death of a young mutant. If it was Glob I wouldnt have cared. But I was a New X-Men Academy guy so I am glad Rockslide got a little more than just one sentence.

The art was a little more cartoony than expected. But I'm no artist so yeah. Subjective.

Apoc being shown stabbed by all of his kids instead of just War and Summoner was also a change.

I also forgot to mention Emma wanted to call of the entire thing because of one death of a mutant student. Legit in character.

Actually, if you looked at the previous images, they meant for Glob to die instead of Rockslide.

Some important writers must have protested for Glob to die..... and then they changed the character.

Did he really die because the new Rockslide is there.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I'm enjoying the progress of the XoS story a lot, but four issues into Leah's X-Factor and I am still not digging the dialogue. It's so heavy-handed and melodramatic. The way Erik yelled at Lorna. Lorna treating herself like a punching bag. Even Emma (although in character) sounded so juvenile.
    Agreed. It was too heavy handed and lacking nuance.

Lorna's response to Rockslides death was too over the top juvenile. This is where I do have to think Marvel's embargo on Genosha genocide call backs for her does themselves a disservice. Get rid of some of the wanting to fade away nonsense. Include a line or two showing she is emotionally having PTSD about her past failures and connecting them to Rockslides death and it would have felt much more realistic. It was a fine last page with her, but a few tweaks could have made a big difference.

One last thing. If they want to set up a schism with her and Mags and feel it fits their story then sure, but try not to force it as it felt like they were doing here.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So it's 10 fights, right? So the X-Men make it out with like 4 casualities?
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I just checked and the summoning circle created by Lorna has room for 10 people. If we assume that Doug and Warlock occupy the same rune/symbol, it does not matter if Gorgon has two swords, there is a mystery here.
    It says it needs to touch a sword, not a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    So it's 10 fights, right? So the X-Men make it out with like 4 casualities?
    I think that it's 10vs10, not 10 fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    It says it needs to touch a sword, not a person.
    It would be very awkward if Gorgon had to stretch his arms a lot to activate two circles.

Apparently not you since you didnt know this

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Actually, if you looked at the previous images, they meant for Glob to die instead of Rockslide.

Some important writers must have protested for Glob to die..... and then they changed the character.

Did he really die because the new Rockslide is there.
    Yes?

That new Rockslide isn't Santos. Argue soul all you want, if the person doesn't even have the memories, build or feelings of the previous one, He's not him. X-man is not Cable. Bloodstorm is not Storm

Really great issue. Set-up actual stakes for the tournament and we got a Moira cameo!
    Downside was the Rockslide situation. A Rockslide that is the amalgamation of every possibility of him in the multiverse could have lead to an interesting new direction for his character development and powers.