Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

"A hero destined to brandish what the Earth hath swallowed" = Brian, the chosen Captain Britain of almost every reality, the last time we saw the Sword of Might it was being hidden underground.

"Echo doomed to yearn for what the stars hath forsworn" = Betsy as replacement Captain, possible reference to the Starlight Sword.

Something to keep in mind, this prophecy was framed by Saturnyne, and she has made her preference for Brian well known.
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 09-30-2020 at 11:48 AM. Reason: spelling is hard

This is shaping up to be pretty dang interesting. Rockslide feath/remix was interesting and gives the mutants reason win.

Polaris was an good but odd focus character. Lorna getting spotlight is always a good thing. Apocalypse and Rictor relationship is really going to be a big thing down the line. So much to digest.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Really enjoyed the set up of the issue. Also adored Emma insulting the council.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yeah, it was in Otherworld. In an Otherworld kingdom where Jaime had total control due to being crowned king and also being an extremely powerful reality warper.

I want to think that it is to hide a secret plot twist because it would be tremendously unfair to Krakoa that just because Gorgon has two swords they have one less member.

****, Gorgon, lend one of your swords to Vulcan or Exodus, don't be greedy, for God's sake. I guess this is where The Peak and SWORD are going to play a role.
    Did you remember to count the space station?

Why did Lorna have blood on her hands?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Can the X-Men really draft Brian?
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    You're right. His death on Otherworld was able to corrupt all of his copies in Cerebro. So evidently there is a connection between Rockslide's soul and the "anima" stored in Cerebro.
    At this point yeah it’s clear they are not clones but it’s also clear that the rules that make up how resurrection are 50% sci-fi ideas and 50% pizza. They might as well just have a wizard doing it. It would make as much sense

This was interesting. It’s odd. While I like the resurrection protocols, cause why not, my biggest hesitation about it is that it makes death meaningless. But maybe not. Rockslides death actually felt more meaningful because of the protocols existence.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I mean, it's not actually Krakoa, it's Otherworld. Saturnyne's just being snippy.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

She had been obsessively moving stones without gloves or having workers calluses to protect the lower layers of skin.

She was moving large, heavy, jagged rocks by hand without anything covering her fingers.

The X-Men aren't, Otherworld is.

They are Champions of Otherworld, not Champions of Krakoa. Brian makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    She was moving large, heavy, jagged rocks by hand without anything covering her fingers.

The X-Men aren't, Otherworld is.
    Why would she be moving anything with her hands given her powers? I didnt get that

Why would she be moving anything with her hands given her powers? I didnt get that
    Polaris is doing it as a form of self-punishment because she feels guilty for not being able to save Rockslide.

Penance for her guilt about his death, or because it was a necessary part of the ritual to create the swordbearer portal.