Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I really loved getting the personal insight of Lorna. The angst was getting to be a bit much, but the ending really looped back around to the Polaris I know and love. Not sure why she was so distraught over Rockslide. She has no personal connection to him, and while I understand the feeling that she could have done more, this was all before we learned of the Otherworld wrinkle. Polaris' ending speech was great though.

A wanted to kill Healer for what reason? Because he didn't help Rictor? Because he was going to get the plague? I didn't get that.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 09-30-2020 at 09:35 AM.

The time is now for (probably resurrected) Onyx to fill the OG Rockslide space in everyone's hearts.

Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

I am pleased that Apocalypse is the main character of this story. He deserves it. We have entered the true age of Apocalypse my friends.

I enjoyed this issue more than the 1st one.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I wonder if this means Unus is going to be permanently dead too based on the preview pages.
    Unus was shown walking through the External Gate, he's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    A wanted to kill Healer for what reason? Because he didn't help Rictor? Because he was going to get the plague? I didn't get that.
    He was feeling upset about the betrayal of his children and angry about Rictor dying, violence is his coping mechanism. He may have also been upset that Healer prioritized his health instead of Rictor's because he believed he could have handled his injuries on his own.

This was pretty much my favorite issue of X-Factor so far? Leah excels at this kind of personal narration and Lorna's grief over Rockslide really got through me. Excited about what's next.

Mighty Member

I guess we know why Rockslide replaced Glob. I’m interested to see how this Rockslide will act. I’m interested to see how the New X-men kids will react. Especially Hellion.

While I think it’s interesting idea, but the egg and all the resurrection stuff is done on earth. I’m unclear how the death in Otherworld would screw up the cerebro records on the victim. Betsy had Brian kill Jamie in the Otherworld arc in Uncanny X-force and Jamie was brought back no problem.

Mystique went back to sitting with her legs wide open!

Really enjoyed this issue. Especially the resurrection problem. The fact that death in other world leads to a corrupted file is great. The fact that these mutants can be resurrected, but as a strange/scary amalgamation of different versions is very cool. I also liked the scenes of Polaris gathering the pieces of Rockslide whilst intersecting with Charles and Mags berating -A-.

Although the first quarter of the issue was a bit slow, I really enjoyed the rest of it.

I have yet to read a Leah Williams book I haven't liked!

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    Kirkland Brand The Thing.
    Awww.

Great issue. Stakes have been raised and I love the idea that death in Otherworld creates major issues with resurrections, potentially bringing in infinite versions of a character into the resurrected. Brilliant.

Poor Rockslide. I viewed Lorna's reaction as perhaps an extension of Genosha and what she went through there. I also loved the full circle she traversed in this issue and how she not only has the info about the swords, but how she created the circle. Now to figure out who gets which swords, which I love even the mutants are trying to figure out the riddles. And this puts to rest the "why isn't so and so included?" issues - it's all on Saturnyne and what the prophecy shows. She's flexing big time and we still need to find out if she's being honest.

I'll be taking the freshly resurrected Julio to Roma's kingdom. Sounds like my kinda place.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    While I think it’s interesting idea, but the egg and all the resurrection stuff is done on earth. I’m unclear how the death in Otherworld would screw up the cerebro records on the victim. Betsy had Brian kill Jamie in the Otherworld arc in Uncanny X-force and Jamie was brought back no problem.
    Haha the jury is still out on how "whole" Jamie is.
    Last edited by JB; 09-30-2020 at 08:47 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I guess we know why Rockslide replaced Glob. I’m interested to see how this Rockslide will act. I’m interested to see how the New X-men kids will react. Especially Hellion.

Otherworld is magic with omniversal reach. That's the point here, dying in Otherworld is capable of rewriting all Cerebros because it's magic.

I feel sorry for Rockslide but at the same time I think this new Rockslide, which is our Rockslide and at the same time it is not, may be interesting. For a moment it is evident that he recognizes Xavier so something of him remains inside.

I feel like in this issue they have controlled Leah's dialogue a bit and it has worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Unus was shown walking through the External Gate, he's fine.
    spoilers:
    Wasn't there preview art of a future X of Swords chapter that showed Unus getting tortured/possibly killed? I seem to remember that but I couldn't find it. Unless it happened already and the X-Men saved him.
    end of spoilers

Yeh, it's doesn't make much sense. The only way I can make it make sense is that they got a mental copy of Santo when he was in Otherworld? And that copy is what corrupted everything else? Although Xavier wasn't there, so maybe it was through Monet? If that's the case then they could just use an older copy.

Unless dying in Otherworld somehow corrupts you? Even though nothing in the resurrection process has to have anything to do with where you died (unless that's where they got the mental copy from). The DNA was from Earth, and the older copy was also made on Earth, where you died shouldn't matter.

I guess they are kinda forcing this to up the stakes. I guess they could explain Jamie, because it happened in an older reality (before Secret Wars).

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    spoilers:
    Wasn't there preview art of a future X of Swords chapter that showed Unus getting tortured/possibly killed? I seem to remember that but I couldn't find it. Unless it happened already and the X-Men saved him.
    end of spoilers
    That's from the Creation issue. When they first get to Otherworld and see that the horde has Unus.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Yeh, it's doesn't make much sense. The only way I can make it make sense is that they got a mental copy of Santo when he was in Otherworld? And that copy is what corrupted everything else? Although Xavier wasn't there, so maybe it was through Monet? If that's the case then they could just use an older copy.

Unless dying in Otherworld somehow corrupts you? Even though nothing in the resurrection process has to have anything to do with where you died (unless that's where they got the mental copy from). The DNA was from Earth, and the older copy was also made on Earth, where you died shouldn't matter.

I guess they are kinda forcing this to up the stakes. I guess they could explain Jamie, because it happened in an older reality (before Secret Wars).
    Well, Otherworld is omniversal magic. It's like a free pass in suspension of disbelief

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Otherworld is magic with omniversal reach. That's the point here, dying in Otherworld is capable of rewriting all Cerebros because it's magic.

I feel sorry for Rockslide but at the same time I think this new Rockslide, which is our Rockslide and at the same time it is not, may be interesting. For a moment it is evident that he recognizes Xavier so something of him remains inside.

I feel like in this issue they have controlled Leah's dialogue a bit and it has worked great.
    I mostly understood that, but then why didn’t that happen to Jamie when they brought him back? He was killed in Otherworld.... actually, never mind. It could be that he’s half Otherworld. I wouldn’t mind seeing that play out. Maybe he isn’t out Jamie and the cerebro didn’t blank out because he’s a reality manipulator.