Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think Saturnyne just wants to make Krakoa her personal army why, I donīt know, but she sure looks like the one really running things behind scene.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    That's why i was asking, as indicated by remarking it might be highly valuable to recover once this event is over. Because if it wasn't shown affected. It might still contain an old backup of Rockslide and anyone who will die in otherworld, a few weeks of memories removed.

Also if just being unconnected to the other cerebros can actualy protect against the corruption from dying in Otherworld, it might be smart to have a few master backups in pure storage systems (not a fully functional cebebro) of everyone and store them in save places.
    It's possible it will come into play in either of the 2 X-Force issues in the crossover. Not sure if they're going to set aside the Mikhail storyline but with a sword involved, I'm thinking probably not. But we shall see.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Folks sure love assuming x-men interacting with folks who aren't x-men mean they're taking those people's jobs.

Chances are, they just chose Polaris cause she fit best for the role and that's it.
    Well in the case of Monet she literally said that being Omniversal Majestrix is a job she might like down the road

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    No one can replace Santo's sarcastic witt combined with that deep down heart.
    Uhhhmm...NO!

Unless he's still crushing on Foxx/Mystique.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Well in the case of Monet she literally said that being Omniversal Majestrix is a job she might like down the road

I interpreted it as she meant she wanted the job of general adventurer/volunteer to go on dangerous missions (since at the time that she said that, that was what they were doing - sending a volunteer squad into the unknown). At that time did they know they were going to meet Saturnyne? She said that before they went in/knew they were going to get betrayed.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, and that sounded totally in-character for Monet, to think that she'd totally suited for a role like Omniversal Majestrix.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Uhhhmm...NO!

Unless he's still crushing on Foxx/Mystique.
    That was Onixx not Rockslide.

Questions, with the revelation of death now being on the table to anyone outside of 616, what are the odds some X-men will end up killed and do we want then to? I think yes and i think their needs to be more consequence to this because it just doesn't sit well with me the idea that all ten go into this and they all make it out alive, i feel that for this event to have any major impact there has to be some more permadeaths from a well known character...like say Apocalypse is the one killed as form of atonement and because he took offense to the concept of not helping someone because they can just Xerox'd a person as the person dying doesn't matter and tells them not to bring him back.

BTW, if he were to die in Otherworld, would he come back naturally?

I believe bringing back the threat of Death was a major thing and Frost's reaction to Rockslide's death really nailed it for me how before this Xavier, Lensherr and others no longer seemed to care if a person died because they had the system in place and now they have been shown that you do not get to play with lives like that and not expect the universe to put you in your place. I also recall reading an article about this and how they are essentially cloning people and inserting the last set of memories and that being lives on while the original dies and how she is essentially pointing out this major issue.

Astonishing Member

This whole death of Santo in otherworld -starlight citadel proximity at that ,has got me real curious at why not hide Moira there, so that even if she dies at a nexus of intersecting realities, her death there may theoretically not destroy Krakoa and its reality...Obviously we don't know all the mechanics but this is very interesting

Also while we are at it, what if Annihilation is herself a version of Moira, probably her Shiar Golem that was sent back in time as a contingency in her 11th life that instead of being sent into the future was sent in the distant past.Like I'm thinking that could be the only way for Moira to buy herself time,instead of thinking forward she decides send the Golem back in time to the dawn of mutantdom and maybe set the whole twilight war in motion so that Okkara would exist as two entities Krakoa in real time and Okkara out of time beyond a world where time is the same as on earth.

Maybe this is too complex, but would be an incredible and plausible twist because Annihilation remains mysterious and classified and in life 9 we know Moira was almost taken as a wife of Apoc.Alternatively the Moira talking to Xavier and Magnus is the Golem, while the real Moira was sent back through time by the Shiar to when the first generation of mutants walked the earth on Okkara

This would explain how Moira can exist in Krakoa and Arrako at the same time, and maybe why Destiny saw her having lives that she couldn't definitely number (she saw10 at most 11 lives)
    Last edited by Rev9; 10-03-2020 at 11:25 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    This whole death of Santo in otherworld -starlight citadel proximity at that ,has got me real curious at why not hide Moira there, so that even if she does at a nexus of intersecting realities, her death there may theoretically not destroy Krakoa and its reality...Obviously we don't know all the mechanics but this is very interesting

Also while we are at it, what if Annihilation is herself a version of Moira, from some 11th life that existed instead of far in the future, instead far in the distant past.Like I'm thinking that could be the only way for Moira to buy herself time,instead of thinking forward she decides to travel back in time to the dawn of mutantdom and maybe set the whole twilight war in motion so that Okkara would exist as two entities Krakoa in real time and Okkara out of time beyond a world where time is the same as on earth.

Maybe this is too complex ,but would be an incredible and plausible twist because Annihilation remains mysterious and classified and in life 9 we know Moira was almost taken as a wife of Apoc.

This would explain how Moira can exist in Krakoa and Arrako at the same time, and maybe why Destiny saw her having lives that she couldn't definitely number (she saw10 at most 11 lives)
    that's an interesting thought - that Moira is Annihilation. Hard to see how that jump gets made b/c if it was in her life where she went to Apocalypse, she definitely died in that one...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    that's an interesting thought - that Moira is Annihilation. Hard to see how that jump gets made b/c if it was in her life where she went to Apocalypse, she definitely died in that one...
    Yes she died in life 9 ,for sure but I'm thinking the key is in life 10 when she made the Shiar Golem clone, we are clued that it was made to fake her death.It depends if it was made with Xavier witnessing the process then the golem goes back in time.If it was made by Shiar with only Moira being present, she could have told them that she wants them to send the golem to Earth to Xavier while send the real her to 10,000 BC or somewhere that far back to Okkara and all goes as planned.

This twist would be incredible and show just how far Moira is willing to go to give mutants a chance to survive, but maybe the only problem is her time in Amenth has turned her into a being worse than Apocalypse
    Last edited by Rev9; 10-03-2020 at 11:51 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Questions, with the revelation of death now being on the table to anyone outside of 616, what are the odds some X-men will end up killed and do we want then to?
    Every character, even Beak and Glob and Quentin and Fantomex, are *someone's* favorites, and while *I* wouldn't mind a meteor sweeping them from existence, I don't actually hate their fans, so I'd be less inclined to wish death on their favorite characters.

That said, I'd be fine if something happened that resulted in a few characters getting a long vacation. I'm about tired of Xavier and Magneto and Mystique, to name three. But, AFAIK, none of them are sword-bearers, so are likely to be spared any consequences of what's going on in this event.

Actually, I'm not sure who all are sword-bearers anyway, Doug, 'Yana, Storm, etc. and while I wouldn't mind a vacation for some, I feel like others (like Doug) are on the cusp of an actual storyline (whatever is going on with him and Warlock and Krakoa, and a possible Phalanx threat?), so killing him off 'permanently' in this event, only to have to haul him back a few months later for the continuation of that storyline would just be cheaper than usually milking of the death-for-drama teat.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I quoted the wrong post.

Mighty Member

She literally never mentioned Saturnyne's job and also literally has never been to other world. So how could she be talking about a job, she had no clue existed?

I will absolutely go into my Karen (lemme speak to your editor) mode if Monet is named Universal Majestrix that would make her at least the 3rd black mutant written out KraKoa, denying readers a ano chance of seeing them enjoy and contribute to the KraKoan narrative :/
    GrindrStone(D)