Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Actually, if you looked at the previous images, they meant for Glob to die instead of Rockslide.

Some important writers must have protested for Glob to die..... and then they changed the character.

Did he really die because the new Rockslide is there.
    Maybe this was part of the re-structuring and additions they decided to do during the initial lockdowns. Perhaps the sword circle wasn't originally part of it and when they added it, they realized pieces of Glob wouldn't have had the same impact.

I told myself Erik spoke to Lorna the way he did cause he knew the info would be released. I dunno. My mother used to say things that got information out of me.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    But in 10vs10 you can see more interesting and entertaining power combinations. For example Magik opening a portal just as Gorgon takes off his blindfold to petrify someone by surprise, Apocalypse doing a fastball special with Logan to throw him at that giant crocodile...
    Here's the thing. If they were up against generic enemies or one massive one, I'd be with you. But they're not. They're up against completely unknown mutants.

I want to see those one on ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    If Jamie can bring people back from the dead, then why not ask Jaime to bring back the real Santos?
    Because Brian's case is that he had died just minutes (or seconds) before.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    I feel like I've seen Doug in almost every series since HOX/DOX started: New Mutants, HOX, POX, X-Men Giant Sized, X-Factor... I feel like he's THE MOST used NM character.
    He's the second most used NM, Magik is the most used. Magik is everywhere.

Doug's full powers have not even been utilized yet because people have forgotten about Zeb Well's New Mutants run.

Because Brian's case is that he had died just minutes (or seconds) before.
    I don't remember that story that well, but was he also resurrected in Otherworld? Maybe that could explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Lorna's response to Rockslides death was too over the top juvenile. This is where I do have to think Marvel's embargo on Genosha genocide call backs for her does themselves a disservice. Get rid of some of the wanting to fade away nonsense. Include a line or two showing she is emotionally having PTSD about her past failures and connecting them to Rockslides death and it would have felt much more realistic. It was a fine last page with her, but a few tweaks could have made a big difference..
    It's just subtlety in the writing. You can understand that that's what's influencing Lorna's emotional state without having to cite an issue number.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I don't remember that story that well, but was he also resurrected in Otherworld? Maybe that could explain it.
    Brian's a human anyway so they never used the resurrection process anyway. Jamie just repaired his body after he lost to Betsy.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Yeah, it was in Otherworld. In an Otherworld kingdom where Jaime had total control due to being crowned king and also being an extremely powerful reality warper.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I swore when counting that big splash promo there were only 9 "good guys" and 10 bad guys
    I want to think that it is to hide a secret plot twist because it would be tremendously unfair to Krakoa that just because Gorgon has two swords they have one less member.

Fuck, Gorgon, lend one of your swords to Vulcan or Exodus, don't be greedy, for God's sake. I guess this is where The Peak and SWORD are going to play a role.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I mostly understood that, but then why didn’t that happen to Jamie when they brought him back? He was killed in Otherworld.... actually, never mind. It could be that he’s half Otherworld. I wouldn’t mind seeing that play out. Maybe he isn’t out Jamie and the cerebro didn’t blank out because he’s a reality manipulator.
    Jamie was randomly resurrected in Infinity Countdown: Black Widow after that and then died again, IIRC. So the answer may be just that he was resurrected by other means and then they resurrected him from his death on Earth, not on Otherworld.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    Is the last sword in this prophecy Apocalypse or Cyclops?
    I don't know, ego death is certainly waaaay more related to nur than any other character. But we do have that cyclops quote where he talks about the greater cause. So most definitely could be Scott.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    It should have been Glob Herman.
    This was supposed to be the original team to go to Otherworld, look at who replaced Glob.

Re: the resurrection aspect of this, I think this is further confirmation from writers (not that we needed it, given that Hickman has said it in countless interviews) that resurrection is more than just a clone with memories. There's a soul aspect here. Even though Rockslide wasn't backed up in Otherworld (as Rictor was confirmed to not have been), it mattered where he died. That speaks to his soul or something similar being involved in the process.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I told myself Erik spoke to Lorna the way he did cause he knew the info would be released. I dunno. My mother used to say things that got information out of me.
    Yeah, I could see that. Parents sure have a way with words sometimes lol
    Make Good Art

BANNED

It's Apocalypse, says the last page of data.

An interesting thing is that in the prophecy there are only nine members. Unless Doug and Warlock count as two.

Magik, Cable, Doug/Warlock, Betsy, Brian, Storm, Logan, Gorgon and Apocalypse.

But also Gorgon has two swords...
    The Last pages are guesses. Technically the abandoned and betrayed father/husband is more related to apocalypse, but it could 100% fit magneto as in this exact same issue lorna talks about not wanting to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    I don't know, ego death is certainly waaaay more related to nur than any other character. But we do have that cyclops quote where he talks about the greater cause. So most definitely could be Scott.
    Ego death is about Gorgon and his philosophy.