Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    The Batgirl and Oracle books good?
    Hard to tell for me since the YA stuff isn't really my cup of tee. For me it usually just takes way to long untill something happens, I think in both books it takes more than half the book untill the crime fighting starts.
    And something about how Barbara and her father were written in Oracle code felt somehow of, but I'm still not really sure what exactly felt wrong.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Asylum Studios has made a living off of direct to video films with budgets of $1-$2 million.

Asylum films at least according to them break even in three months. We saw how long Sharknando lasted.

And if I was WB/DC-I would try to make a deal with Tyler Perry and try to get as many of those films done on his studio. He did 82 episodes of 5 of his shows while everyone else was shutdown.

If letting him write ONE (keyword ONE) needs to be done to get a deal do it.

Now who to use? Sugar & Spice would be one. Bumblebee (Not sure if 2 million would be enough maybe set a limit of 7 million for all).

I think the goal would be showcasing what you have-even if you do it like 6 times a year.
    But why would Perry work with DC or WB? He owns most if not all of his own characters, and has enough on his plate being one of the richest people in entertainment, making plenty of movies and plenty of TV on his own. Why work for hire basically when he's his own boss, and IMO one of the sharpest people in entertainment. He knows his audience and his product, and he knows the money it generates.

Sorry to have to say it, but there's no upside to him there. His opportunity cost is way too high to even seriously consider it. And also sorry to have to say it, but the DCEU isn't the MCU...I don't think anyone is clamoring to join a DC movie unless they're not particularly big names to start with. It isn't like the MCU, which was both good enough and popular enough to draw the biggest stars to literally any role, just so they could be part of it. I don't think anyone particularly wishes they were part of Justice League, SS, Harley Quinn and the Nobody Went To See Thems, or Batman vs Good Movies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    But why would Perry work with DC or WB? He owns most if not all of his own characters, and has enough on his plate being one of the richest people in entertainment, making plenty of movies and plenty of TV on his own. Why work for hire basically when he's his own boss, and IMO one of the sharpest people in entertainment. He knows his audience and his product, and he knows the money it generates.
    I mean working on his studio.

In other words would be more cost effective to work a deal to say work on one his lots for a project versus looking for space and running into the wall Swamp Thing had.

Tyler has to learn to expand. Alex Ross was a test and IMO he did a decent job.

My point is NOT giving him say Harley. Dc got plenty of guys sitting on the bench.

What could he do with Sugar and Spice on a $10 million budget?

He's doing kids shows-what could he do with say Newsboy Legion?

Manthing has a movie and he got it before Hal, WW, Aquaman & Shazam.

Surly when we're talking about increasing presence the intention is to also have a positive response. Tyler Perry movies have commercial success are they also well regarded critically?

Extraordinary Member

Naw, he has no incentive to work for DC/WB. He might rent part of it out if he has excess capacity, but there's no way her personally is getting involved with DC/WB. He's a businessman, not a fanboy. It has to make economic sense for him to do something, and that doesn't. Unless of course he's indicated some interest, and I haven't heard, which I suppose is possible, but from a purely economic standpoint, it makes no sense from his perspective. Or frankly from DC/WB's. There's nothing that says a Tyler Perry DC project of any sort would attract the attention level WB wants. That from history's lessons seems to require things like a vision for the property in question that resonates with wider audiences. Marvel has done that, and DC/WB largely hasn't. Whether Perry could depends on his personal vision, but we don't even know AFAIK if he even cares.

I don't think that expanding a character's presence requires a particular person, but rather the right vision combined with the ability to see it through in an entertaining way.