Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I think it is worth me saying something given past comments I made.

I didn't think I could trust Marvel to retain Lorna's role in this tribute given past Marvel behavior. Marvel has a history of things like redrawing a House of M portrait in Children's Crusade in 2010 to remove Lorna, saying in Deadly Genesis in 2006 that Jean threw Krakoa into space instead of Lorna, etc. So I'm glad to see they really did keep everything as it was with new art.

I think Lorna's facial expressions come off different in this new art than the originals. She looks tougher and more mature to me in the originals than in the new art. I'm not saying the art is "bad" or that it's a big deal. I'm just saying how it looks to me. It could be argued that all the characters generally looked more mature than they should have in the original comic given their ages.
    The Cockrum page of Lorna in the storm, up page, is much stronger than the redraw. All the characters have a very Neal Adams vibe(which, if I remember from old interviews with Dave was deliberate, plus they are of the same artistic generation).

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I think it is worth me saying something given past comments I made.

I didn't think I could trust Marvel to retain Lorna's role in this tribute given past Marvel behavior. Marvel has a history of things like redrawing a House of M portrait in Children's Crusade in 2010 to remove Lorna, saying in Deadly Genesis in 2006 that Jean threw Krakoa into space instead of Lorna, etc. So I'm glad to see they really did keep everything as it was with new art.

I think Lorna's facial expressions come off different in this new art than the originals. She looks tougher and more mature to me in the originals than in the new art. I'm not saying the art is "bad" or that it's a big deal. I'm just saying how it looks to me. It could be argued that all the characters generally looked more mature than they should have in the original comic given their ages.
    Thats Jen Bartel who in general tends to make the character look younger. Its part of her more cartoonish style which is less gritty

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    i prefer the original Cockrum art.
    Yeah I'm with you on this.

I like the tribute's idea, but most of the side by side comparisons make the modern artists look bad even if I do think they're all pretty competent artists in their own right.
    That being sad, Brooks could tone down all that shine. Storm looks metallic.

word is they are planning to redraw like they did this issue to all the rest of the Seminal X-Moment comics..

Last edited by MAR420X; 10-01-2020 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    word is they are planning to redraw like they did this issue to all the rest of the Seminal X-Moment comics..

Will wait for E is for Extinction!

BANNED

I would have preferred to see a modern artist redraw the issue from their interpretation of the script instead of reproducing the exact same panels.

Definitely good-looking art though, no lie.

Mighty Member

I don't know why they even bother coming up with a redraw.

Other than a few pages, most of the pages are much much worse than the original art. The original art is so much more exquisitely drawn.

Some years ago, I was joking about Marvel being so obsessed with nostalgia pandering that they should just stop telling new stories and remake the old ones with modern art.
    I guess it's really happening.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I finally got and tried to get through it. It was awful. I had no idea and I guess I should have - that the art was going to be a variety of artists. Some art was very good, some amazing and even better than the original, and some absolutely not my style at all (to be polite). the difference in some was too jarring for me. I guess I thought it was going to be one consistent art style throughout, my fault. I won't be getting any others.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    i prefer the original Cockrum art.
    I like both, tbh.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Agreed, Ororo in particular, looks strangely shiny.
    Nice, acrobatic looking Kurt though.
    I actually think its fine but I may be in the minority. She may just using some Nivea.