Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    Nice to see SMT getting so much love. I worry it’s growing increasingly obscure, and it was niche to begin with. Great book.
    It is, unfortunately. It's a major Vertigo work that has never been collected in its entirety so no wonder it falls through the cracks. Pretty much everyone who has read even bits of it (like me) knows what a masterpiece it is, though.

I genuinely don't understand why Starman, Hitman and Sandman Mystery Theatre aren't perennial sellers for DC. They're among the best of the best that has ever come from the company.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    It is, unfortunately. It's a major Vertigo work that has never been collected in its entirety so no wonder it falls through the cracks.
    Wait, for real? How come that in my country (Italy) we got a complete collection in 10 trade paperbacks but not in the US, where the comic book was first published? >:O

Fantastic Member

Don't SLEEP on it

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Thanks to this thread, I am rereading Sandman Mystery Theater. Just finished The Vamp. It's such a great book.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Thanks to this thread, I am rereading Sandman Mystery Theater. Just finished The Vamp. It's such a great book.
    Yet one more of DC's amazing runs that needs to be collected again because it scalps waaay high or hasn't been collected at all.

The O'Neil/Cowan Question.
    The Ostrander/Mandrake Spectre.
    James Robinson's Starman (hopefully they don't cancel the upcoming ones).
    Sandman Mystery Theater.

Come on, DC. My money is on the table!

I do wish they would finish collecting the original run again.

I think the first TPB collection run of the series made it up to issue #52, then when they stated a new set of collected volumes in 2016 they only covered issues #1-24 and the Annual?

Incredible Member

A timely bump. I saw these trades in my shop today and thought hmm... im sure people keep bigging this series up but walked out with some wally wood and marshall law instead. Sounda like i need to go back for them

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I bit the bullet on this and have started to buy the issues digitally. It's too good not to finish
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I bit the bullet on this and have started to buy the issues digitally. It's too good not to finish
    Been hoping DC Universe would get them soon but I may have to follow suite and pick them up digitally.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I just started #25. Delightful series.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Heh... a little late to the party, but hey, I'm here to add my voice to the loud and deserved praise for Sandman Mystery Theatre. Yes, it is well worth reading.
    Yes.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yet one more of DC's amazing runs that needs to be collected again because it scalps waaay high or hasn't been collected at all.

The O'Neil/Cowan Question.
    The Ostrander/Mandrake Spectre.
    James Robinson's Starman (hopefully they don't cancel the upcoming ones).
    Sandman Mystery Theater.

Come on, DC. My money is on the table!
    Four brilliant books from DC. Any superhero fan (or even those open to superhero stories) should try these out.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I do wish they would finish collecting the original run again.

I think the first TPB collection run of the series made it up to issue #52, then when they stated a new set of collected volumes in 2016 they only covered issues #1-24 and the Annual?
    And the dccomics.com website STILL has a listing for SANDMAN MYSTERY THEATRE BOOK THREE that was due out in June of 2017?
    SANDMAN MYSTERY THEATRE BOOK THREE
    In these tales from SANDMAN MYSTERY THEATRE #25-36, Wesley Dodds meets the Hourman, battles the Python and faces the Night of the Butcher. Plus, the mortal Sandman meets the godlike Morpheus in the SANDMAN MIDNIGHT THEATRE #1.

Talent
    Art by: Warren Pleece, Guy Davis, Teddy Kristiansen
    Cover by: Richard Bruning, Gavin Wilson
    Written by: Neil Gaiman, Steven T. Seagle, Matt Wagner

Specs
    Series: SANDMAN MYSTERY THEATRE 1993
    Book Type: Collected Edition Graphic Novel
    U.S. Price: $29.99
    On Sale Date: Jun 21 2017
    Binding: Softcover
    Rated: Suggested for Mature Readers
    https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nov...tre-book-three

Did this ever get published when I wasn't looking?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And the dccomics.com website STILL has a listing for SANDMAN MYSTERY THEATRE BOOK THREE that was due out in June of 2017?https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nov...tre-book-three

Did this ever get published when I wasn't looking?
    Unfortunately, no.