Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Controversial Batfam ideas

If we had to cut the family down who should stay and who is out?

Damian is rebooted or retconned out. Blood son of Batman was a bad idea, and I still don't like the little ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Damian is rebooted or retconned out. Blood son of Batman was a bad idea, and I still don't like the little ****.
    The worst thing is they made him likable but because he is in the BAtfam he got to be miserable. I do like his relationship with Dick

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The worst thing is they made him likable but because he is in the BAtfam he got to be miserable. I do like his relationship with Dick
    I'd also consider losing Tim. I love Tim, but he's only useful as the "current" Robin, and I'm 50/50 on if Batman needs a current Robin. Out of them, only Dick as the first Robin and Jason as the dead/failed Robin are really needed. Iffy on having a Robin post Jason, and if there is one then there's only one, either Tim or Damian, and whichever one exists should not be a blood relation to Bruce.
    So, Nightwing, Red Hood, and maybe a Robin (Tim).

I'd also slim down the Batgirls. Either it's just Babs as Batgirl, or if she ever has to be Oracle again, then Cassandra. I like Steph, but she's for sure out and Cass's existence is entirely hinged on whether or not Babs is ever not Batgirl - and I'd rather just keep her as Batgirl.

I'd keep Luke (Batwing), Duke (Signal) and Batwoman (Kate). And that's the end of costume heroes in the Batfamily. Sorry Bluebird and any others.

Yea it's like they don't know how to write Tim. Well with Steph she does have other heroes names. Like the Spoiler. So cut ties most

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Damian being the blood son that was rejected by Bruce and made family by Dick is what sold me on the character.

he underlines and reminds us that family is more than blood. batman has this large found family. An essential part of the mythos.

Damian not only enhances the Batman mythos but Dick Grayson's as well.

I wonder if Dc can ever stop stunting the characters. I mean they have to make sure Bruce is out time and not a Balance if they are going for have the family
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 09-30-2020 at 06:09 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Damian being the blood son that was rejected by Bruce and made family by Dick is what sold me on the character.

he underlines and reminds us that family is more than blood. batman has this large found family. An essential part of the mythos.

I love the little **** because he's a little monster. Also his sibling bond with Steph is amazing
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Well it also doesn’t hurt that he’s the antithesis of what people have come to think of with Robin.
    You mean an annoying and unlikable cuss? I mean, not the antithesis I'd like to see, but sure it is an antithesis.
    Not that i agree but... At least he has a hook not all Robin's can claim the same.
    True, but for some reason people love Dick anyway.

Yeah, I'm just going to have to disagree with all that.

Astonishing Member

Damian needs more positive relationships with characters who aren't Dick. I like their dynamic, but Dick being the only person who can reign Damian in cheapens both their characters. There's more to Dick than being Damian's wrangler and Damian needs to learn how to function without crossing the line when Dick isn't around.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Damian needs more positive relationships with characters who aren't Dick. I like their dynamic, but Dick being the only person who can reign Damian in cheapens both their characters. There's more to Dick than being Damian's wrangler and Damian needs to learn how to function without crossing the line when Dick isn't around.
    When has Damian ever failed to function without Dick?

Just one example please and one that doesn't include the Editorial mandated Glass TT since that was a mandate to facilitate a decision that had already been made.

So yeah just one reminder.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    He and Steph have a sweet big sister/little brother dynamic
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

True, but for some reason people love Dick anyway.
    Wonder why? The Hookless Robin. It's a wonder he's survived longer than most DC characters.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

True, but for some reason people love Dick anyway..
    If we were to say Dick doesn't have one, we would logically have to say Bruce doesn't either.