Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Controversial Batfam ideas

If we had to cut the family down who should stay and who is out?

Damian is rebooted or retconned out. Blood son of Batman was a bad idea, and I still don't like the little ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Damian is rebooted or retconned out. Blood son of Batman was a bad idea, and I still don't like the little ****.
    The worst thing is they made him likable but because he is in the BAtfam he got to be miserable. I do like his relationship with Dick

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The worst thing is they made him likable but because he is in the BAtfam he got to be miserable. I do like his relationship with Dick
    I'd also consider losing Tim. I love Tim, but he's only useful as the "current" Robin, and I'm 50/50 on if Batman needs a current Robin. Out of them, only Dick as the first Robin and Jason as the dead/failed Robin are really needed. Iffy on having a Robin post Jason, and if there is one then there's only one, either Tim or Damian, and whichever one exists should not be a blood relation to Bruce.
    So, Nightwing, Red Hood, and maybe a Robin (Tim).

I'd also slim down the Batgirls. Either it's just Babs as Batgirl, or if she ever has to be Oracle again, then Cassandra. I like Steph, but she's for sure out and Cass's existence is entirely hinged on whether or not Babs is ever not Batgirl - and I'd rather just keep her as Batgirl.

I'd keep Luke (Batwing), Duke (Signal) and Batwoman (Kate). And that's the end of costume heroes in the Batfamily. Sorry Bluebird and any others.

Yea it's like they don't know how to write Tim. Well with Steph she does have other heroes names. Like the Spoiler. So cut ties most

Technically that thread is about opinions, this one's ideas. Not really the same thing.

Eeh, splitting hairs. They accomplish the same thing and bring up the same discussions. But whatever, just pointing out there is thread with a lot of controversial opinions and ideas.

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't remove anyone from the Bat family, spread them out to other cities in the DC universe.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I wouldn't remove anyone from the Bat family, spread them out to other cities in the DC universe.
    I second this!

But if we had to boot out Batfamily members then both Azraels can go. Luke's Batwing can depart.
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    I second this!

But if we had to boot out Batfamily members then both Azraels can go. Luke's Batwing can depart.
    Agreed on the Azraels. And, honestly, I'd boot this version of Huntress too. I recognize that Luke doesn't really add much either but like him and his relationship with Barbara too much to say that he should be let go.

Maybe it's because I'm super behind on Outsiders but I've also felt like Duke was...unneeded. So if he left too, you wouldn't hear me complain. I love seeing more people of color in the Batfamily but every time I see Duke he's just such a...background character. He just doesn't add anything.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

If we're talking about my opinion from my heart, I choose none, except maaayyybbbbeee if we really really have to, is Duke. I love him in We Are Robin, leader material and charismatic, but after he got meta power and somehow become 'straight guy' in the family, he kinda bores me. Granted, I haven't read Outsider so sorry if I misjudge him.

If we're talking about who will DC ditch to save money, maybe some character that don't make big impact on outside media. 4 main Robins already have big popularity on media like movie and game, so removing them is impossible, I think. Even though to be honest I can see that DC will ditch Tim because from my knowledge he has no individual movie about him, like Damian's Son of Batman and Jason's Under the Red Hood. Stephanie, Cass, and Duke has no big impact on outside media so i can see them get removed too.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 09-30-2020 at 12:55 PM.

Ideally I'd like to keep everyone and try and figure out what to do with the more...aimless members. But if there had to be a culling, I'd say just go back to the four Robins, two Batgirls, and Oracle. Those are the seven I can't live without lol

I'd add Anarky as a proto-Robin who had a falling out with Batman. I think Alan Grant once wrote a pitch for him as the next Robin after Jason but Wolfman pitched Tim before so I'd play with that more.

I'd probably get rid of Tim, he's had his day.

If we're talking about who will DC ditch to save money, maybe some character that don't make big impact on outside media. 4 main Robins already have big popularity on media like movie and game, so removing them is impossible, I think. Even though to be honest I can see that DC will ditch Tim because from my knowledge he has no individual movie about him, like Damian's Son of Batman and Jason's Under the Red Hood. Stephanie, Cass, and Duke has no big impact on outside media so i can see them get removed too.
    Part of the problem with Tim is that in media, Dick has essentially absorbed all the elements of Tim. Usualyl if you see Robin in something (and it's not Damien) then it's Tim with Dick's name and origin.