Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    He has a good relationship with Jon. It’s not like he can’t function without Dick. He just leans on Dick the most.
    He doesn't aside from the time when they were Batman and Robin. Some seem to confuse fanon with canon. Damian has been a bat for 3 years and most of that he spent alone or with his father doing fine.

Jon Kent he's known less than a year so He doesn't even factor in.

Ignore tumblr and focus on the info from the comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    When has Damian ever failed to function without Dick?

Just one example please and one that doesn't include the Editorial mandated Glass TT since that was a mandate to facilitate a decision that had already been made.

So yeah just one reminder.
    Previous Teen Titans run when Starfire, Raven and Beast Boy were on the team. He alienated everyone except Starfire and Aqualad.

I mean without Dick he wouldn't even have become Robin in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Previous Teen Titans run when Starfire, Raven and Beast Boy were on the team. He alienated everyone except Starfire and Aqualad.

he alienated 2 people on his team. You mean like Bruce his father alienates everyone? That is a personality quirk and we all have them.

Dick Grayson can have Damian Wayne surgically attached to his hip and that wouldn't stop him having social issues.

Just to set you straight here;

He fired Wallace for betraying the team. That was correct and justified which was why Wallace had to prove himself to be let back in.

BB was upset because he was boring and Raven was pissed because he fired her bf.

BB and Raven also went on to prove how much they valued the team and just how much we can trust their judgement by betraying Star, Jackson, Wallace and Damian to align with a murderous Tim drake to kill 10 yr old Jon Kent

Damian can be an arse who will piss you off that doesn't mean that he can't function without Dick Grayson because guess what? He's still annoying even when Dick is in his life

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Damian needs more positive relationships with characters who aren't Dick. I like their dynamic, but Dick being the only person who can reign Damian in cheapens both their characters. There's more to Dick than being Damian's wrangler and Damian needs to learn how to function without crossing the line when Dick isn't around.
    He and Steph have a sweet big sister/little brother dynamic
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean without Dick he wouldn't even have become Robin in the first place.
    And?

Damian was a hero before he became Robin.
    Being Robin isn't functioning it's a bird name, a symbol and a costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    He and Steph have a sweet big sister/little brother dynamic
    I never knew I needed the trio that is Damian, Steph and Talia that we are currently getting in DCeased.

I hope they keep extending the number of issues.

The title is pure Joy.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Whoa whoa, before this thread turns into "the best and worst robin" competition, as Damian's fan, I've never think that he's the best Robin or character, nor I think that other three are worse than him or one of them is the worst. For me, each Robin have their own uniqueness, but I just find that Damian's stories entertain me the most. I know Batman since little from TV, but my first comic book is DickBatman and DamianRobin issue. To be honest, one thing that makes me prefer Marvel over DC for years is outside underwear. I can somewhat tolerate Superman because at least he has smiley personality, but for full-grown adult to be egdy and say something like "I am the night, I am vengeance, I am Dark Knight who streak fear upon my enemies yadda yadda" while wearing outside panty is just pure cringe for me (personal opinion, no offense). So when I see Batman with his outside underwear costume but less dark, less cringe edgy line, and more smiley, with Robin who is not once defenseless kid that get roped (or lead on) to world full of crime and insanity by responsible adult, welp I'm in. That maybe what @Godlike13 means by antithesis. Then, when I read about them more, I'm drawn to Damian. That kid is divisive. That kid is like loose cannon. He usually is the one who instigate something, not just reacted on some condition. And for me it's fun. Not everyone will feel the same for me, and that's fine, because Damian is not the relatable character for everyone type.

And about friends and relationship, personally I prefer him as he is, cannot and will not get along and befriend with anyone. So Damian's little circle of people never bothered me. Even though Glass's run truly overdone it, and i can't tolerate the bond Damian has with other people which already painstakingly crafted by one writer get ruined by another writer.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosIncarnate View Post
    Tim, Damian, Barbara, Cassandra, and Kate. Dick needs to grow as a character; it’s kinda frustrating how he’s stuck between moving out of Batman’s shadow with the Titans, Bludhaven, and becoming a spy. Either make him Batman or let him be his own character that’s moved on. Jason works better as a full on villain, preferably as written by Judd Winnick. I’ve never bought his redemption arc, mainly because we never got it. Azrael works better as either an antagonist or someone trying to redeem themself, but still tense with Bruce. Don’t really care that much about steph tbh.
    There's almost impossible for Dick to be completely free from Batman. His relationship with Batman is maybe his longest and strongest suit. DC will use it as much as they can.

I like Winnick's Lost Days too, except that You-Know-What
    scene. Like it more than All-Caste plot. About redemption, does he really need it? I mean, he maims criminals only (and indeed occasionally Tim), for me he's fine as antihero (I never see him as villain).

By the way, where's Azrael right now? I feel like haven't see him for anlong time.

Incredible Member

I never knew I needed the trio that is Damian, Steph and Talia that we are currently getting in DCeased.

I hope they keep extending the number of issues.

The title is pure Joy.
    It is giving me so much joy. I missed Steph and Dami interactions.
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Whoa whoa, before this thread turns into "the best and worst robin" competition, as Damian's fan, I've never think that he's the best Robin or character, nor I think that other three are worse than him or one of them is the worst. For me, each Robin have their own uniqueness, but I just find that Damian's stories entertain me the most. I know Batman since little from TV, but my first comic book is DickBatman and DamianRobin issue. To be honest, one thing that makes me prefer Marvel over DC for years is outside underwear. I can somewhat tolerate Superman because at least he has smiley personality, but for full-grown adult to be egdy and say something like "I am the night, I am vengeance, I am Dark Knight who streak fear upon my enemies yadda yadda" while wearing outside panty is just pure cringe for me (personal opinion, no offense). So when I see Batman with his outside underwear costume but less dark, less cringe edgy line, and more smiley, with Robin who is not once defenseless kid that get roped (or lead on) to world full of crime and insanity by responsible adult, welp I'm in. That maybe what @Godlike13 means by antithesis. Then, when I read about them more, I'm drawn to Damian. That kid is divisive. That kid is like loose cannon. He usually is the one who instigate something, not just reacted on some condition. And for me it's fun. Not everyone will feel the same for me, and that's fine, because Damian is not the relatable character for everyone type.

And about friends and relationship, personally I prefer him as he is, cannot and will not get along and befriend with anyone. So Damian's little circle of people never bothered me. Even though Glass's run truly overdone it, and i can't tolerate the bond Damian has with other people which already painstakingly crafted by one writer get ruined by another writer.
    I miss Dami's friendships with Maps, Nell, Colin, Carrie, Kathy, Suren, Maya, and Jon

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Wonder why? The Hookless Robin. It's a wonder he's survived longer than most DC characters.
    he alienated 2 people on his team. You mean like Bruce his father alienates everyone? That is a personality quirk and we all have them.

Dick Grayson can have Damian Wayne surgically attached to his hip and that wouldn't stop him having social issues.

Just to set you straight here;

He fired Wallace for betraying the team. That was correct and justified which was why Wallace had to prove himself to be let back in.

BB was upset because he was boring and Raven was pissed because he fired her bf.

BB and Raven also went on to prove how much they valued the team and just how much we can trust their judgement by betraying Star, Jackson, Wallace and Damian to align with a murderous Tim drake to kill 10 yr old Jon Kent

Damian can be an arse who will piss you off that doesn't mean that he can't function without Dick Grayson because guess what? He's still annoying even when Dick is in his life

Jesus, ITT Damian white knighting.

Steph was probably my favorite Batgirl but arguably works best as Spoiler and unsanctioned by Batman.

Azrael needs to be completely divorced from the family as well.

Duke needs to find his niche and fast, but for some reason I've yet to give up on him.

Bluebird sucks. Get rid of her.

I prefer David as Batwing because he was just more interesting, but Luke has done enough that I'm open to keeping him.

Dick, Tim, Babs (Oracle), Cass and Jason all work.

I'm really completely unsure what Kate does that's unique but she has made a big impact and has a great design so I can't say she doesn't deserve to stick around. Major points for not just deferring to Batman, but I roll my eyes when she pretends the Bat isn't Bruce's symbol and that she has as much stake to it. Alright, Kate. You're totally not a spinoff of his IP.

Damian sucks and needs to replace Jason as the disobedient Robin who died. He's awful.
    Last edited by Robanker; 10-01-2020 at 02:56 PM.

Should Alfred have died? I also feel Dick shouldn't leave the family but he shouldn't always be there. He needs his own major events but his rogues are that great.

Controversial opinions? I'm glad Alfred's dead. He hasn't really added much to stories in a while, and I hated how he was written in most of them. It was cheesy.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pohzee View Post
    controversial opinions? I'm glad alfred's dead. He hasn't really added much to stories in a while, and i hated how he was written in most of them. It was cheesy.
    huh! Scandal!