Default Marvel reprints 1966 marvel books including a--millie the model kids book!

Looks like marvel has reprinted older mini books in a set. Neat thing is one of them is milie the model and sgt fury! Marvel did a sgt fury kids book in the 60s!

The six books in this release are as follows:

Captain America: The Living Legend of World War II
    The Mighty Thor: A Tale of the Vikings
    The Amazing Spider-Man
    Millie the Model: A Blue Day for a Blonde Lady
    The Incredible Hulk
    Sgt. Nick Fury: The Mirror Image

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/arti...ams-comicarts/

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Comics...ughingplacecom

Anyone got these? Are they worth the $20 for the boxset? Also any change marvel will reprint millie the model, patsy walker and homer the happy ghost in trades?

Why did Homer ever exist? That comic's a blatant Casper the Friendly Ghost rip-off.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why did Homer ever exist? That comic's a blatant Casper the Friendly Ghost rip-off.
    Homer The Happy Ghost? That was 50's, not 60's. There were reprints in the 70's, though.

Casper debuted in theatrical shorts in 1945, and had a comic from 1952 - he predates Homer.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yup he is a rip-off but it would be nice to have those older kids stories reprinted.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

And of course hellcat herself.

[IMG][/IMG]

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Looks like marvel has reprinted older mini books in a set. Neat thing is one of them is milie the model and sgt fury! Marvel did a sgt fury kids book in the 60s!

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/arti...ams-comicarts/

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Comics...ughingplacecom

Anyone got these? Are they worth the $20 for the boxset? Also any change marvel will reprint millie the model, patsy walker and homer the happy ghost in trades?
    I would pay decent money for some Millie and Patsy trades!

Patsy walker lasted over 200 issues plus many spin-offs and follow up comics! (her second spin-off lasted over 100 issues also!) She even started in miss america's comic. Does this make her the longest running marvel female comic?

Marvel really should do a reprint of her comics.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Mighty Member

I know Homer's a ripoff of Casper (along with Timmy the Timid Ghost from Charlton), but I don't know why he's in this thread about the mini reprints. Did I miss something?

Millie the model is in the books and we grouped him with marvels classic family comics. Marvel reprinted a millie the model kids book. So why not reprint the family comics like millie, homer and patsy walker in trades as well? That's how homer got talked about.

Found a review of the set. The sites makes fun of it more then reviews it however.

https://www.comicbookherald.com/marv...comics-review/

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Gaastra; 10-02-2020 at 06:54 PM.

Mighty Member

Now I get it. Thanks! They also ripped off Nancy and sluggo (Little Aspirin), Blondie (Rusty), Dennis the Menace (Melvin the Monster) and Little Lulu (Little Lizzie).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Now I get it. Thanks! They also ripped off Nancy and sluggo (Little Aspirin), Blondie (Rusty), Dennis the Menace (Melvin the Monster) and Little Lulu (Little Lizzie).
    Fun fact: there all two Dennis the menaces. A British and an American one coincidentally both had their first issues on the same week

First appearances, but not first issues. US Dennis is a newspaper comic and UK Dennis appears in an anthology, The Beano (the same comic my avatar, Roger the Dodger, is from).
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    I know Homer's a ripoff of Casper (along with Timmy the Timid Ghost from Charlton), but I don't know why he's in this thread about the mini reprints. Did I miss something?
    He is mentioned in the first post.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-03-2020 at 03:45 PM.