Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why haven't they ever expanded on Earth 3?

I have always wanted to see them delve into the CSA and honestly a little sad they have never done it before. I'd like to see the adventures of The Jester and Alexander for example and see how they differ from their counterparts.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    I have always wanted to see them delve into the CSA and honestly a little sad they have never done it before. I'd like to see the adventures of The Jester and Alexander for example and see how they differ from their counterparts.
    Ooh, I could see some fun twists on Crime Syndicate earth.

For instance, since so many heroes are bad guys on this earth, an underground resistance composed of various super-villains (on our earth) could be fun.

Imagine a world where the resistance is barely clinging to life, led by a completely blind Deathstroke, who removed his last remaining eye to prevent his son from possessing him (again) and causing him to betray his fellow resistance fighters (again)...

An evil 'Teen Titans' serve as a sub-team imposing order on one particular city, under the auspices of the Crime Syndicate (which has a more global scale). An evil Raven has utterly surrendered to Trigon, but is stalling to maintain her power and position on this earth, always promising her father that she will open the gate and allow him in, but always putting it off, because she knows that when she does, she's back to being his flunky, instead of one of the elite, under the current regime. A cruel Starfire is a princess of the warriors of Tamaran, whose royal family conquer worlds in the name of their Citadelian and Okaaran overlords, come to get away from the bickering and backstabbing of the royal court, and hoping to claim a world of her own to present and cement her status as rightful heir to the throne. Etc. So much fun to be had in those various backstories!

Imagine a world where a fair number of the underground, such as that worlds Luthor, Joker, Captain Cold, etc. are non-powered, as, in this world, power corrupts, even more so than the old adage suggests. (And why are there so many Flash Rogues in the underground resistance? Turns out Johnny Quick is a bit of a thrill-junkie. He likes to keep his enemies alive, because their hilarious attempts to kill him keep life interesting, and he enjoys letting them stew in their failure, much to the annoyance of his colleagues, most of whom prefer their enemies dead, dead, dead.)

And why is power so corruptive on Earth 3? Perhaps it has something to do with why the fallen creature our world calls the Specter, the Spirit of Redemption, is, in that world, called the Wraith, Hell's Vengeance.

Dunno but yeah I would definitely read an Earth 3 book. I’ve always wanted to know how the Crime Syndicate was formed, what it was like for each member of the CS starting out, etc.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

A 12 issue mini series would be perfect to really explore Earth 3. I would love to see them really expand the CSA roster and make it sort of like the Satalite era. I want to see more of Atomica, Deathstorm, Sea King, Deadeye, White Cat, Bloodhawk, and The White Martian. Show the CSA's rise to power and all the infighting and backstabbing.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Before? It would have no teeth. They'd just be innocuous. Post-Crisis? It'd be so goddamn depressing. Surprised it never was a thing in the 90s, though.

I agree with you all and honestly I love the idea of Atomica getting fleshed out as I'd like to know if being a good Eart could influence her. Also I think a good Superwoman revamp would be for her to be a insecure Wonder Woman (which could also tie into her BDSM element) that lost her powers after she was exiled for being weak and got her powers back by agreeing to be experimented on.

It is rather surprising we've never seen an Earth 3 limited series.

Evil mirror universes are only really interesting when there's a "normal" one to bounce off of/interact with.

It's why the only somewhat decent Injustice content was the first game.

Probably because as Multiverses end pointed out they keep killing off and rebooting earth 3 and Crime Syndicate.

I mean up to date they have so far died in Crisis on Infinite Earths, Infinite Crisis, Darkseid War, and now Death Metal. I suppose it might be fun to play with the idea that they are multiverse constants who continue to exist no matter the changes to the multiverse itself.
    Last edited by sifighter; 10-01-2020 at 05:33 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I would indeed like to see a CS book in the near future, and if they explore the n52 incarnation, the better !
    (However, no Atomica, I utterly despise her, and I think she got off the hook way too easily, for what she did, even with Luthor's payback)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ooh, I could see some fun twists on Crime Syndicate earth.

For instance, since so many heroes are bad guys on this earth, an underground resistance composed of various super-villains (on our earth) could be fun.

Imagine a world where the resistance is barely clinging to life, led by a completely blind Deathstroke, who removed his last remaining eye to prevent his son from possessing him (again) and causing him to betray his fellow resistance fighters (again)...

An evil 'Teen Titans' serve as a sub-team imposing order on one particular city, under the auspices of the Crime Syndicate (which has a more global scale). An evil Raven has utterly surrendered to Trigon, but is stalling to maintain her power and position on this earth, always promising her father that she will open the gate and allow him in, but always putting it off, because she knows that when she does, she's back to being his flunky, instead of one of the elite, under the current regime. A cruel Starfire is a princess of the warriors of Tamaran, whose royal family conquer worlds in the name of their Citadelian and Okaaran overlords, come to get away from the bickering and backstabbing of the royal court, and hoping to claim a world of her own to present and cement her status as rightful heir to the throne. Etc. So much fun to be had in those various backstories!

Imagine a world where a fair number of the underground, such as that worlds Luthor, Joker, Captain Cold, etc. are non-powered, as, in this world, power corrupts, even more so than the old adage suggests. (And why are there so many Flash Rogues in the underground resistance? Turns out Johnny Quick is a bit of a thrill-junkie. He likes to keep his enemies alive, because their hilarious attempts to kill him keep life interesting, and he enjoys letting them stew in their failure, much to the annoyance of his colleagues, most of whom prefer their enemies dead, dead, dead.)

And why is power so corruptive on Earth 3? Perhaps it has something to do with why the fallen creature our world calls the Specter, the Spirit of Redemption, is, in that world, called the Wraith, Hell's Vengeance.
    Shouldn't an Earth 3 Trigon be a good guy, while Raven is still working against his will only this time she's evil in spite of his goodness?

Astonishing Member

First, we need to get rid of this nonsensical idea: on Earth 3, the villains always win. (Unless, Earth 3 really originates from the Dark Multiverse, then it makes sense.)

The original Crime Syndicate had no heroes on their earth...expect for Lex Luthor who was more of a pest that a threat.

"Unlike later versions, they are closer to being major nuisances than awful threats." This is a good description of the original CSA.

Now, Where's the fun in 5 powered-nuisances and 1 wanna-be hero? Not much to enjoy.

What do we really want to see? Opposite versions of all our favorite characters! And watching them be slaughtered is really no fun.

Since Batman has over 500 villains, Owlman should have over 500 heroes...who should be working together to thwart The Knight Owl.

That should be true for all the villains on Earth 3: their foes have strength in numbers!

This might make an enjoyable series.

What I would be most interested in is a series of Earth 3 books that shows their versions of popular main Earth stories. Where Batman Year One shows Batman taking on the mob and allying himself with Gordon against the corruption in the police force, Owlman Year One would show his rise as the mob boss of Gotham and his alliance with evil Gordon to corrupt the police force. How about Ultraman's version of For the Man Who has Everything? Owlman's version of Long Halloween? Ultraman's version of one of the better Superman origins (Birthright, Man and Superman, American Alien)? Release like one or two books a year adapting the Earth 3 versions of popular DC stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    What I would be most interested in is a series of Earth 3 books that shows their versions of popular main Earth stories. Where Batman Year One shows Batman taking on the mob and allying himself with Gordon against the corruption in the police force, Owlman Year One would show his rise as the mob boss of Gotham and his alliance with evil Gordon to corrupt the police force. How about Ultraman's version of For the Man Who has Everything? Owlman's version of Long Halloween? Ultraman's version of one of the better Superman origins (Birthright, Man and Superman, American Alien)? Release like one or two books a year adapting the Earth 3 versions of popular DC stories.
    I've pitched my idea for a CSA series here before, and it used a sort of similar concept to what you just said about adapting already-popular Earth 1 stories to the Earth 3 setting.

Every issue would have a "flashback" to a "classic" Crime Syndicate story, newly written and drawn to resemble an inversion of a real old DC story, intercut with an arc-long story spanning six or twelve issues, which would be about Ultraman returning from a long trip through deep space or the Multiverse and out to reclaim his title as the Boss of Bosses in a super-mafia thriller.

So for example, in the issue where Ultraman confronts Owlman upon his return, we might see a twist on "Case of the Chemical Syndicate" where Owlman recruits Alfred Stryker as the first underling in his mob in exchange for helping him to murder his co-conspirators for their share of the profits. Or we might see a twist on the first story where Batman and Superman met - only with Owlman and Ultraman teaming up to stick up a cruise ship full of wealthy targets!

I think the creation of a fictional meta-history of the CSA's universe would potentially invigorate the concept, creatively.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I would much rather see original stories of Earth 3 over just retold older stories with a twist.