Default If speed was equal between Classic Thor and the Justice League can any still win

Post-crisis Justice League but Barry in place of Wally.

WW can maybe block the lighting, but Thit has too many other tricks.

Supermqn goes down to pretty much anything beaides punches.

Thor braces past MMH psychic assault, shrugs off the punches MM gave hime in the interim, and bust that dudes lips.

Green Lantern...hmmm...lets see one blowing something up Thor can't punt right back, absorb or endure?

Batman? Wait, if Bruce now has time to counter attacks, it could very well be his win. NOT.

Who else is there? Aquaman. THOR could slap that man into a coma.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 09-30-2020 at 11:43 PM.

Gotta say... This feels less like a Rumble and more like a rant / spite thread / settling an argument thread.

These things aren’t usually approached from the standpoint of “So Thor can totally kick the crap out of these losers, right guys? Amirite?”

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

If you've equalized speed, why is the Flash even here...?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Do you mean the entire Justice League at once or one at the time.

Even if you mean one at the time your assessment seems to underestimate the individual members pretty heavily, except for Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    If you've equalized speed, why is the Flash even here...?
    Thinking about it, how do we treat speed-stealing in a speed-equalised Rumble?

Do they start off at the same speed then Thor gets slower? Or does it have no effect?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Current Superman is probably too powerful even with speed equalized. Thor's fancy tricks can win, but he's unlikely to get time to use them before Superman blasts him with heat vision, closes, and overpowers him physically. Thor's only real shot is if his generic blasts and lightning can sneak in under the magic weakness, but generally Superman takes magical lightning from Shazam and such fine.

The Martian Manhunter... I don't think Thor can ignore that telepathy. He's got some anti telepathy feats, sure,but he's also been dominated just fine. Breaking out of Moon dragon's control, for example, was dependent on her getting tired from controlling an entire planet. Also, if J'onn phases into the ground he becomes harder to hurt. And he's quite likely stronger physically based on helping Superman hold back Braniac's bigger than Earth ship.

A match against a Lantern basically comes down to which one. Thor should take newer versions with less feats such as Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz pretty easy. John Stewart and Hu Hardner probably put up a good fight but don't take a majority. Classic Kyle Rayner and current Hal Jordan can just bring too much power to bear too quickly.

Wonder Woman, assuming she's about as strong as Thor these days, is dependent on closing but isn't going to just overpower him at that point either. She does have a blade that can cut him, which is a point in her favor, but Thor is quite skilled himself and should be able to block it with Mjolnir, probably while bringing lightning down around them. So he should probably take a majority.

Edit: Assuming classic Thor, of course, not the current powered up version.
    Last edited by Captain Morgan; 10-01-2020 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    The Martian Manhunted...
    The tables have turned!
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    The tables have turned!
    Dang it, you got there just before I noticed and edited. Too much of my posting is done before I even get out of bed.

Dang it, you got there just before I noticed and edited. Too much of my posting is done before I even get out of bed.
    New entry into the League of Typos.
    Why are we here?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Current Superman is probably too powerful even with speed equalized. Thor's fancy tricks can win, but he's unlikely to get time to use them before Superman blasts him with heat vision, closes, and overpowers him physically. Thor's only real shot is if his generic blasts and lightning can sneak in under the magic weakness, but generally Superman takes magical lightning from Shazam and such fine.

The Martian Manhunter... I don't think Thor can ignore that telepathy. He's got some anti telepathy feats, sure,but he's also been dominated just fine. Breaking out of Moon dragon's control, for example, was dependent on her getting tired from controlling an entire planet. Also, if J'onn phases into the ground he becomes harder to hurt. And he's quite likely stronger physically based on helping Superman hold back Braniac's bigger than Earth ship.

A match against a Lantern basically comes down to which one. Thor should take newer versions with less feats such as Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz pretty easy. John Stewart and Hu Hardner probably put up a good fight but don't take a majority. Classic Kyle Rayner and current Hal Jordan can just bring too much power to bear too quickly.

Wonder Woman, assuming she's about as strong as Thor these days, is dependent on closing but isn't going to just overpower him at that point either. She does have a blade that can cut him, which is a point in her favor, but Thor is quite skilled himself and should be able to block it with Mjolnir, probably while bringing lightning down around them. So he should probably take a majority.

Edit: Assuming classic Thor, of course, not the current powered up version.
    This is Post Crisis, not current.

So for Supes... I'd give Thor the edge one-on-one, speed-equalized. Similar strength, durability, Thor is somewhat more skilled and experienced and Thor has a big edge on esoterics, so, you know, ddump or transmogrification for the win.

Manhunter... should mostly win? I think his TP will be somewhat faster than whatever anti-phasing stuff Thor can talk Mjolnir into.

Wondy... Thor should take the majority, for the same reasons as with Supes: his esoterics game is vastly better.

GL... Thor can probably just pound the weaker ones. He might edge a couple of wins out of the stronger ones by powerdrain, but, as Cap points out, it's Kyle's fight to lose, he's just so damn versatile and powerful, he can probably do the deal before Thor can suck his ring dry.

Batman, Aquaman, speed-free Flash should not be playing in this space.

Obviously, take away that speed-equalizer and 4 of these guys slaughter classic Thor.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Post-crisis Justice League but Barry in place of Wally.

WW can maybe block the lighting, but Thit has too many other tricks.

Supermqn goes down to pretty much anything beaides punches.

Thor braces past MMH psychic assault, shrugs off the punches MM gave hime in the interim, and bust that dudes lips.

Green Lantern...hmmm...lets see one blowing something up Thor can't punt right back, absorb or endure?

Batman? Wait, if Bruce now has time to counter attacks, it could very well be his win. NOT.

Who else is there? Aquaman. THOR could slap that man into a coma.
    It seems like you are posting a thread that you believe is a curbstomp.

It certainly ignores a lot of things such as the Martian Manhunter could use his mind whammy and also be non-corporeal and invisible. That's just one example.

Thor may have other tricks but so does WW.

Let's see Thor throw lightning that Green Lantern's defenses cannot block, same defenses that survive planet-busting forces.

One against one, speed equalized, Thor may win or he may not. Against all of them, just no.
    Power with Girl is better.

Yeah. MM and the GL can still do stuff to Thor as he has to face them all

Spite thread, stomped.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Thinking about it, how do we treat speed-stealing in a speed-equalised Rumble?

Do they start off at the same speed then Thor gets slower? Or does it have no effect?
    I’m still interested in an answer to this. I don’t remember it coming up, but I’m amazed it hasn’t.

Thread Closed. Spite Threads are not allowed.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.