Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Are there any Mutant Supremacist?

Just to step away from the chaos of the first presidential debate, the highlight was the sitting president of the USA was too much of a coward to condemn white supremacy . They say X-Men mirrors many true life situations.

We know there are human supremacists in X-Men. Bolivar Trask, Craydon Creed, Friends of Humanity

Are Magneto, Mystique, The brotherhood of Mutants and The Marauders the mutant supremist of X-Men or is the answer more grey.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Everyone on Krakoa is a mutant supremacist.

How can they be a supremist when they are at the bottom of the food chain?

su·prem·a·cist
    /so͞oˈpreməsəst/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    noun: supremacist; plural noun: supremacists

an advocate of the supremacy of a particular group, especially one determined by race or sex.
    "a white supremacist"

Wouldn't mutants first need to have equal rights in the MU before they can be supreme about it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

No. More like mutant survivalist.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Stan Lee Magneto. Good lord.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

Fabian Cortez

Extraordinary Member

Evil mutants have often been written as seeing mutants as better than humans to being the rightful rulers of the world to various degrees. I don't know how many have come right out and said it, but despite whatever is going in in Hickman's story, Apocalypse has definitely been used as the poster child for mutant supremacy, particularly in the absence of Magneto being an outright villain.

At some point in time during their lives I would say the following people were all mutant supremacist.

Apocalypse
    Magneto
    Fabian Cortez
    Exodus
    Mr Sinister
    All members of the mutant liberation front
    Cyclops
    Most members of the Hellfire Club
    Charles Xavier
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Krakoa the nation is essentially the mutant form of Zionism/Israel. The X-Men have largely become 'mutant supremacists'. I mean, Beast and Jean wiped out a whole country for daring to develop their own plant technology. 'Mutant first' rhetoric abounds. Magneto has always pushed for this agenda, and now he has it.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    No. More like mutant survivalist.
    It's more grey than no. humans are the people constantly attacking and harassing mutants. mutants do need to survive and that includes fighting back. Supremacy comes along when a person like Magneto takes the battle way to far.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    At some point in time during their lives I would say the following people were all mutant supremacist.

Apocalypse
    Magneto
    Fabian Cortez
    Exodus
    Mr Sinister
    Cyclops
    Charles Xavier
    I was going to list Sinister, however Sinister's goal were always more complex. He is responsible for the Molock massacre. Mutants killing other mutants for another level of genetic supremacy.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Sinister's goals were more scientific rather than social which is why he went after mutants too.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post

Apocalypse
    Magneto
    Fabian Cortez
    Exodus
    Mr Sinister
    Cyclops
    Charles Xavier
    When was Cyclops a supremacist?

"Please stop killing our children" is not supremacism.

I'm not an Apocalypse scholar at all, so I might need clarification on this, but his "survival of the fittest" ideology doesn't exclude humans, at least in AoA, where many homo sapiens decided to betray their species by becoming cyborgs and joined En Sabah Nur,. He is a mutant and homo superiors are better qualified to rule in his vision of life, but if a new race rises and conquers mutants, Apocalypse would see that as fair. But maybe, in the meantime, without a new race, he can be considered a mutant supremacist in AoA (this, I think, is the only story I've read with Apocalypse as the main villain)
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

All-New Member

I guess it depends on how you define "supremecism"

If we go by the definition that has already been submitted, "an advocate of the supremacy of a particular group, especially one determined by race or sex," you could argue eveyone on Krakoa is a mutant supremicist. I don't think whether or not they have equal rights has anything to do whether they are "supreme." That's because I believe this judgement of being "supreme" is based on physicality (strength, intelligence, power, etc) while "equal rights" is a status in a social construct. And that status can change in an instant. (And back again.) While the mutants' physical characteristics can't. (At least, not until the book's editor and/or writer wish to.)

However, I think this idea of the mutants being a supreme species is an inaccurate one. At least from an evolutionary standpoint. No species is "greater" than another. A mutation within a species, or a new species altogether, doesn't replace an older species (if they do at all) because they are "better." They do so because they are better at surviving within a particular environment or time in an environment. From that standpoint, if the mutants do eventually replace humanity, it will because they are more suited to survive in the environment in which this happens.

So perhaps mutants really aren't superior. Or at least not yet. Because one can have "powers" and still be vulnerable to species that are commonly seen to have less power. For example, the Martians in "War of the Worlds" could be said to be powerful since they built spaceships and tripods. But they were killed off my microbes. So which species was more powerful or supreme? And another example: Who is more powerful under 50 feet of water? A minnow or an elephant?