Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

There are supremacist individuals in Krakoa like Kid Omega or Magneto but that does not transform the entire country into supremacist.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    There are supremacist individuals in Krakoa like Kid Omega or Magneto but that does not transform the entire country into supremacist.
    Numerous individuals are mutant supremacist on the Quiet Council: Emma Frost, Shaw, Magneto, Apocalypse, Exodus and what they say and do on the council governs the entire country. Krakoa's in the government building business, they've racked up 2 wars in Otherworld because they let Apocalypse do as he pleased despite knowing his history, and have committed genocide on a human nation thanks to Hank McCoy who didn't think he did anything wrong. In the past the X-men used to fight mutants like Brian Braddock, now they make him their puppet king.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Why would you assume that? Phoenix Cyclops was a supremacist, the question was are there any mutant supremacist. Cyclops was still a mutant. Cyke also did more than point out differences in Bendis's run so agree to disagree on that one I suppose. If decision makers on Krakoa are supremacist what does that make the Captain Commander? He executes the orders.
    Being under the influence of a separate being/entity should definitely disqualify someone.

Did Cyke actually attack innocent humans? Was his approach meant to show that humans were beneath mutants? We will have to agree to disagree.

And I never argued that he wasn’t one in the current status quo, just that he wasn’t one before. The Krakoan leadership qualifies.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Numerous individuals are mutant supremacist on the Quiet Council: Emma Frost, Shaw, Magneto, Apocalypse, Exodus and what they say and do on the council governs the entire country. Krakoa's in the government building business, they've racked up 2 wars in Otherworld because they let Apocalypse do as he pleased despite knowing his history, and have committed genocide on a human nation thanks to Hank McCoy who didn't think he did anything wrong. In the past the X-men used to fight mutants like Brian Braddock, now they make him their puppet king.
    More details on what Beast did please. I’m not reading every book.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Anymore than having, say, a white supremacist in the White House and many other such individuals in charge does mean the entire country, or even most of it, is made of white supremacists.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    More details on what Beast did please. I’m not reading every book.
    Turned a whole nation of humans into plant people, a decision which made Jean leave the team in disgust.

BANNED

Finally someone said what I feel is the truth about Krakoa, it's a watered down Gensoha.

Let's also not forget Cassandra Nova, another supremacist responsible for killing 16 million mutants on Genosha. she is worse than Sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Krakoa the nation is essentially the mutant form of Zionism/Israel. The X-Men have largely become 'mutant supremacists'. I mean, Beast and Jean wiped out a whole country for daring to develop their own plant technology. 'Mutant first' rhetoric abounds. Magneto has always pushed for this agenda, and now he has it.
    Still surprised they didn't get their comeuppance over this crime as a result.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Just to step away from the chaos of the first presidential debate, the highlight was the sitting president of the USA was too much of a coward to condemn white supremacy . They say X-Men mirrors many true life situations.

We know there are human supremacists in X-Men. Bolivar Trask, Craydon Creed, Friends of Humanity

Are Magneto, Mystique, The brotherhood of Mutants and The Marauders the mutant supremist of X-Men or is the answer more grey.
    The Quiet Council alone is bereft with mutant supremacists, from Magneto to Apocalypse, from Exodus to Sinister.
    So the answer is yes, definitely.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I guess I donīt see why estating that you want a place to live in peace and be a member of the UN equals to being a supremacist and I hardly see it when itīs a persecuted people who decide to do it for valid reasons. So they should just stay in their place and beg to be accepted with the hope someday someone will see them as people enough to stop persecuting them? I guess I just have a different idea, to coexist you donīt neccesarily need to be passive and expect someone who hates you to just leave you alone, itīs a nice thought but that usually doesnīt hapen I am talking about the common mutant here, someone who doesnīt have big powers and itīs not a member of Xavierīs school.

Like I get that in the MU people are afraid of some mutantīs powers and thatīs valid but Krakoa is also there to help with that, they are actually keeping some of their more dangerous members in line with Krakoaīs mere existence.

I actually loved the fact Genosha had a mixed population of humans and mutants it was a nice irony Magneto ended as a leader of a country in which bassically there was human - mutants coexistence sadly it got swallowed into the "we have to keep things simple in comics" mentality so this potential was never explored.

In this instance Krakoa is not like Genosha, Krakoa is more like Wakanda or Attilan.

Also no Jean tried and did correct Beast dissaster and yes they managed to save the people but I agree Beast should answer for his actions.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-02-2020 at 05:47 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I guess I donīt see why estating that you want a place to live in peace and be a member of the UN equals to being a supremacist and I hardly see it when itīs a persecuted people who decide to do it for valid reasons. So they should just stay in their place and beg to be accepted with the hope someday someone will see them as people enough to stop persecuting them? I guess I just have a different idea, to coexist you donīt neccesarily need to be passive and expect someone who hates you to just leave you alone, itīs a nice thought but that usually doesnīt hapen I am talking about the common mutant here, someone who doesnīt have big powers and itīs not a member of Xavierīs school.

Like I get that in the MU people are afraid of some mutantīs powers and thatīs valid but Krakoa is also there to help with that, they are actually keeping some of their more dangerous members in line with Krakoaīs mere existence.

I actually loved the fact Genosha had a mixed population between humans and mutants it was a nice irony Magneto ended as a leader of a country in which bassically there was human - mutants coexistence sadly it got swallowed into the "we have to keep things simple in comics" mentalluty so this potential was never explored.

Also no Jean tried and did correct Beast dissaster and yes they managed to save the people but I agree Beast should answer for his actions
    Ha I agree with alll this...ESPECIALLY correcting the misinformation out there...Nice
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Turned a whole nation of humans into plant people, a decision which made Jean leave the team in disgust.
    Hard to think of a reason to justify that. What was Beast thinking?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Anymore than having, say, a white supremacist in the White House and many other such individuals in charge does mean the entire country, or even most of it, is made of white supremacists.
    Yeah, it's a great example.

Krakoa has fewer supremacists in its government than the United States. Are all superheroes in America supremacists for tolerating it? Shouldn't they leave the country or stage a coup?
    Last edited by Glio; 10-02-2020 at 06:08 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Making leaders of people who want to exterminate humanity or conquer the world and give them unlimited power because of their belief in dominating any race who aren't mutant is what they're supremacists. Xavier wanted peace, they're spent the majority of their lives engaged in starting race wars. They've tried to murder xavier and his students, even when they were barely trained teenagers, over that disagreement. The X-men, in fact, were originally created to protect humanity for these dangerous mutants.

They don't have to be passive, but the answer isn't genocide or conquering the world.

Common mutants are at risk of being harmed by mutant supremacists, as well. Apocalypse who deal is letting or making vulnerable mutants perish - due to his Dawriwnist beliefs.

Krako isn't doing anything helping wth that, instead it's rewarding them with political power.

I actually loved the fact Genosha had a mixed population of humans and mutants it was a nice irony Magneto ended as a leader of a country in which bassically there was human - mutants coexistence sadly it got swallowed into the "we have to keep things simple in comics" mentality so this potential was never explored.

In this instance Krakoa is not like Genosha, Krakoa is more like Wakanda or Attilan.
    Genosha was more multicultural and progressive than Krakoa is in many areas, but it should be pointed out magneto wasn't elected to lead that country, he blackmailed the United Nations into putting him in charge and had to enforce brutal strategies to keep the various mutant factions in line, so much so when he lost his powers during "Powerless" these factions were trying to kill him in revenge.

It's more like Attilan than Wakanda, Wakanda has more mechanisms in place to replace its leaders.

Are you sure you're talking about Krakoa? I think you're talking about the United States Government, Steel Inquisitor.