Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I reread Rockslide and Summoner's game in x-men 11 and 12. I'm not convinced the corruption thing was because of otherworld. While it makes a nice mechanism to up the stakes, I think they might lose someone and think they are gone but when the revival happens, they come back fine.

The game was all about finding weakness and knowing your opponent. Summoner mentions how he knows Rockslide and his memories. And how the game can make you lose everything. Summoner even mentions that the fame taught him how to kill Rockslide. And none of the council or five (bar Apocalypse maybe) know about the game. They wouldn't know to account for that.

Could also be a nice fake-out on the death, having rockslide come back once Summoner gets whats coming to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Why everyone thinks that Gorgon will die?
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Fodder.

10char
    Mostly this. Plus he hasn’t died since Logan killed him and that was forever ago.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by sallyblevins View Post
    We know 9 of the ten champions.
    Cypher. Gorgon. Betsy. Brian Apocalypse and Storm are absent in the covers of December.
    We know that Wolverine Magik and Kid Cable survives
    Hickmann (or someone in the x-office) stated thhey were planning big things for Storm. Also, I don't think they'd kill the most poreminent black women within Marvel Universe.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sallyblevins View Post
    We know 9 of the ten champions.
    Cypher. Gorgon. Betsy. Brian Apocalypse and Storm are absent in the covers of December.
    We know that Wolverine Magik and Kid Cable survives
    This is why they should have spoiler tagged the solicits except for Wolverine.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Hickmann (or someone in the x-office) stated thhey were planning big things for Storm. Also, I don't think they'd kill the most poreminent black women within Marvel Universe.
    There are fates worse than death... Example, Storm the past few years in the X-Office before Hickman took over... but yeah I don't see her going.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    This is why they should have spoiler tagged the solicits except for Wolverine.
    I actually don't think Beast being on a cover means he survives, he could be on as misdirection or because the issues is a tribute to him in a way.

I don't think spoiler tagging the solicits would've helped much. Wolverine, Magik and WiFi are big hits with the writers. Never saw any of them in real danger.

The Excalibur solicits kind of make me feel the team is searching for Betsy. Maybe she doesn't die but disappears kind of like Kate Pryde did in Marauders?

Very X-cited Member TheMutantTheorist's Avatar

This would be an excellent way to introduce the Exiles back into the X Men continuity. The most recent exiles only consisted of 2 mutants which were Blink and Wolvie and Nocturne (only for a short time) but past members should theoretically be able to be resurrected like morph etc. It would be smart for them to team up with x-factor to retrieve the dead mutants psyches.

I'd say Cypher and Apocalypse are the most likely candidates. Something's going to happen with Captain Britain (Betsy), but I'm not convinced it will be death, exactly. They are not going to kill Storm. Though it would be ironic if they did after all of the hoopla of the Giant Sized X-Men one shots.

I can’t see Hickman killing any NM
    Nor do I see them being given the ok to kill Brian (altho I wouldn ‘t care..)

Captain Britain is dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Maybe they consider big things to be killing her off and bringing back an all-new all-different Storm. I certainly hope not but I'm gonna mentally prepare myself for the worst just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Maybe they consider big things to be killing her off and bringing back an all-new all-different Storm. I certainly hope not but I'm gonna mentally prepare myself for the worst just in case.
    Omniversal Storm!?

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I actually don't think Beast being on a cover means he survives, he could be on as misdirection or because the issues is a tribute to him in a way.

I don't think spoiler tagging the solicits would've helped much. Wolverine, Magik and WiFi are big hits with the writers. Never saw any of them in real danger.

The Excalibur solicits kind of make me feel the team is searching for Betsy. Maybe she doesn't die but disappears kind of like Kate Pryde did in Marauders?
    It doesn't, but Percy clearly still has plans for him. If it wasn't clear by the story, he already said in interviews the whole Beast vs Russians plotline will continue right after X of Swords ends.
    If he dies, he'll soon return (sadly).

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Omniversal Storm!?
    goddessstorm.jpg

Kneel, and pray for mercy!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I think the only interesting death, for me, would be Wolverine. I could only imagine him coming back with all that centuries of history and he doesn't remember who any of his haters are. It could make for a lot of amazing stories.

Second as much as i love Storm i would be interested if it was done right and she was a true mutant goddess with no room for hemming and hawwing like she was in the reality of the image yoga provided.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/