Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Imagine if Dan Slott had remained on ASM until issue 850 as was originally planned?
    It would be like most of Slott Arcs - great ideas, poor execution.
    Still, I really liked Red Goblin Arc.

Nothing against Slott, but it was time to go when he did. His final story was a memorable one to go out on but a lot of stuff in the few years prior wasn't as on-point as his first few years on the title. He got to write ASM 600, 650, 700, 750 even though they didn't celebrate it, and 800. How many milestones can a guy ask for haha?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Nothing against Slott, but it was time to go when he did. His final story was a memorable one to go out on but a lot of stuff in the few years prior wasn't as on-point as his first few years on the title. He got to write ASM 600, 650, 700, 750 even though they didn't celebrate it, and 800. How many milestones can a guy ask for haha?
    I've always stood by Superior Spider-Man really should've been Slott's final run, but also had Spider-Verse planned out for a while so I get that. My kind of hot take is across the board though is there should have been new creative teams during the All-New, All-Different Relaunch.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I've always stood by Superior Spider-Man really should've been Slott's final run, but also had Spider-Verse planned out for a while so I get that. My kind of hot take is across the board though is there should have been new creative teams during the All-New, All-Different Relaunch.
    Spider-Verse would've been fine as a mini and as a cap off for Slott's run in my opinion.

Although if somebody else had taken over I wonder if they would've brought Ock back in a completely different way.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    End of The Superior Spider-Man was the time to go. At the very latest, Renew Your Vows. TASM Vol. 3 and 4 really soured me on Slott's run and I liked most of it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    I don't even think Marvel knows anymore. Before Marvel started renumbering every series every other month the longest running series was the original The Mighty Thor which got there because it was originally called Journey Into Mystery which was an already long running anthology series in the 60s when Thor debuted and was re-titled and the original numbering kept.
    The longest running series will depend on if you are referring to Timely, Atlas or Marvel. And if you are referring to number of issues put out or years of the publication.

Under the Marvel banner, the Fantastic Four used to be the longest running title. But once Spider-man started double and triple shipping it quickly surpassed it (plus the FF was cancelled for like 3 years).

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Funny reading this made me thinking back to Amazing #600 which was more or less planted the seeds for the direct Otto was going to go for Slott's storyline with him.....and dude literally plotted to commit mass genocide because he was bitter that he was dying and felt that was the only way to force the world to acknowledge his intellect. lol
    He tried to do something similar back in the Owl/Octopus War back in the 80s, thougth his objective was NY only. He tried to same latter after Spider-Man made him fear him, his plan was basically "Blast it, i can't deal with Spider-Man, i'm too afraid to fight him, there's only one choice....all New York must be destroyed!" Otto's ego can be really entertainign sometimes lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona