Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Green Goblin: "Before I defeat you, there is something that you ought to know about me, Spider-Man.

Spider-Man: "What?"

Green Goblin: I am Tony's brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate."

Spider-Man: "So what does that make us?"

Green Goblin: Absolutely nothing, which is what you are about to become. Prepare...to...die!"

They could actually get away with that in a Spider-Man story.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Is this good topic talk about how they are bring back Tobey and Andrew, And they might have already casted Miles Morales. And it appears that Sony is finally using its brain for me it makes too much sense use one of Spiderman in the MCU and other one in Sony movies. And cross them over for a big Spiderverse movie and the profile of Miles Morales is high enough now to think that he is going make bank when he shows up

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Is this good topic talk about how they are bring back Tobey and Andrew, And they might have already casted Miles Morales. And it appears that Sony is finally using its brain for me it makes too much sense use one of Spiderman in the MCU and other one in Sony movies. And cross them over for a big Spiderverse movie and the profile of Miles Morales is high enough now to think that he is going make bank when he shows up
    I kind of just assumed Strange would show Peter glimpses into other dimensions of Spider-Men as he's struggling over his current problem.

Green Goblin: "Before I defeat you, there is something that you ought to know about me, Spider-Man.

Green Goblin: Absolutely nothing, which is what you are about to become. Prepare...to...die!"

Sounds a lot like Claude Starkowski might make a comeback!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I kind of just assumed Strange would show Peter glimpses into other dimensions of Spider-Men as he's struggling over his current problem.
    Sounds like it will be a full on romp in some alternate universes now.

Starting to see Tobey and Garfield are signed on.

As well as NPH, Christopher Daniel Barnes, Oscar Issacs, and an uncasted roll for a Japanese Spider-Man (the Yamashiro one) joining the ITSV 2 main cast of Miles, Gwen, and cameo for Peter B. Parker.

Apparently Isaccs' 2099 Spidey will give Miles the ability to stay in Gwen's universe. And it sounds like they're going to have sections in different animation styles when they go to other universes.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-15-2020 at 01:54 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Sounds like it will be a full on romp in some alternate universes now.

Starting to see Tobey and Garfield are signed on.

As well as NPH, Christopher Daniel Barnes, Oscar Issacs, and an uncasted roll for a Japanese Spider-Man (the Yamashiro one) joining the ITSV 2 main cast of Miles, Gwen, and cameo for Peter B. Parker.

Apparently Isaccs' 2099 Spidey will give Miles the ability to stay in Gwen's universe. And it sounds like they're going to have sections in different animation styles when they go to other universes.
    A lot of this just feels like rumors to me.

Astonishing Member

Seeing as how Tom Holland's Spider-Man has yet to carry a film himself and has so far survived on novelty, it would be of no surprise if Sony indeed goes through with this.

I'm down for it! Honestly, I kinda promised myself after FFH I would never see another Tom Holland Spider-Man film in theaters unless it has Deadpool poking fun at everything wrong with the current Spider-Man. If Maguire and Garfield are in the third one, though, I will see it.

Sony had to run a cease & desist on the rumors today (which means there is some truth to them) but also said they are not confirmed.

I wonder if, like you and others said, if it is just a cameo that got spoiled.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Speaking of cameos, I am really wondering what role Bruce Campbell is going to play in the upcoming Dr. Strange movie, which seems likely to be set up for this movie. Personally I'd love to see "The Obnoxious Usher" from SM2 make an appearance.

I just want this to be an exciting adventure for MCU Peter. Trying to shoehorn Miles' origin here will strain the story threads. (And just think- absolutely no mention of Donald Glover-- Me personally, you can't tell Miles' story without uncle Aaron; and just make him a thief, not a killer).

Trying to just fast-track a live action Spider-Verse but centered on MCU Peter would be a mistake.

I don't want the shock-reveal of Far from home to be solved in the first five minutes of the movie, either, just to make way for something else they came up with. that would be a cop out.

If Jamie Foxx as Electro, I'd prefer if he's a new version rather than the previous Sony-verse movie version.

If Tobey and Andrew are involved, so be it. I just hope that they have a complementary role to play, and not just to usurp a bunch of time to make jokes. For example, I hope there's no time spent on questioning Tobey's natural webs.

don't bring back any other Sony-verse villains. Their stories were told. I'm not into seeing Lizard, Sandman, either Harry Osborn, etc.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 10-15-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Speaking of cameos, I am really wondering what role Bruce Campbell is going to play in the upcoming Dr. Strange movie, which seems likely to be set up for this movie. Personally I'd love to see "The Obnoxious Usher" from SM2 make an appearance.
    Wasn't he rumored to be Mysterio, a failed actor, in a future Raimi film before they got canned? That's why Peter kept seeing him everywhere?

EDIT: They were never true, nevermind!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-15-2020 at 03:57 PM.

Maybe Sony will announce the Rhino next.

Astonishing Member

It's wishful thinking, Sony said they weren't confirmed very recently.

https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-3-son...rfield-rumors/

"Those rumoured castings are not confirmed," a representative for Sony Pictures told ET Canada. The wording of this statement neither confirms nor denies the Maguire and Garfield casting, but merely said it is not officially confirmed.
    Unless casting is official, it's meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle
    If Jamie Foxx as Electro, I'd prefer if he's a new version rather than the previous Sony-verse movie version.
    That's what we're getting, they're just recycling the same actor like with J.Jonah Jameson. He's not going to be blue.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 10-15-2020 at 04:54 PM.

BANNED

As bad as this sound, this can turn out to be true. I don't think the hardcore Spiderman fans will handle this type of reveal well. Green Goblin is Spiderman's most notorious villain, arguably his Joker and Peter's history with him is very very personal. He did kill Gwen, He is the father of Peter's best friend. Adding a Tony Stark Link will be the last straw for many Spiderman fans who can't stand tony stark already.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    As bad as this sound, this can turn out to be true. I don't think the hardcore Spiderman fans will handle this type of reveal well. Green Goblin is Spiderman's most notorious villain, arguably his Joker and Peter's history with him is very very personal. He did kill Gwen, He is the father of Peter's best friend. Adding a Tony Stark Link will be the last straw for many Spiderman fans who can't stand tony stark already.
    This.

The way the MCU handled Spider-Man created a unique situation where you now can't even introduce his archenemy without possibly strengthening the Iron Man connection.

No one is interested in seeing Norman gaslight Peter over not living up to Iron Man's legacy over the stuff he usually gaslights Peter about.