Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Although X-Men and Spiderman gets far more attention for their rogues gallery in the marvel universe and I never deeply read Iron Man comics. Watching his movies, I thought his villains had potentials, for some reason they got stopped from living up to their expectations. What is more disappointing is Marvel got some of the best working actors in Hollywood. Ben Kingsley, Sam Rockwell, Mickey Rouke and they got wasted.
    Maybe, although I think they delivered on what they were given to do.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Maybe, although I think they delivered on what they were given to do.
    Not really, they barely scratched the surface of Tony's comic villains. They got Stane right, but did nothing with his son Ezekiel. Vanko was ok, but they still made more of a bland villain rather than what they started with in the movie as a man who wants revenge on Stark for Stark's father ruining his father and sending him back to Russia poor and disgraced - all of which was made for the movie. Hammer's fun, but not threatening in the least. They had a horrible AIM in 3, they could have called it HYDRA and it wouldn't have mattered. Killian and Maya aren't villains in the comics, Killian is barely a character before he's killed off and a terrorist exploits his technology. In the movie Killian is so bland, both Stane and Hammer are more engaging and they do nothing with the transhumanism angle. The only reason people remember Killian is because Guy Pearce gave a spectacular performance. The twist is ok, and it's good for a subversion but why do we care about Slattery anymore when he's a nobody? He's funny but that's it. AIM's super soldiers are all bland super soldiers with no personality, then only one who stood out was Ellen Brandt and she dies five minutes in.

Ghost is traditionally an Iron Man villain.

What the movies didn't tackle was about the industrial espionage the comics go into, and they have villains like Spymaster who does things like lure Tony Stark into an ally through a door with no outward handle (without his armor) with a squad of elite mercenaries to bet him to a pulp because Spymaster's client wants Stark to be "humbled."

If this rumor ever ends of being true of Andrew and Toby signing on to be in Spider Man 3 I will be beyond hyped. A live action Spider verse movie what's not to like there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    If this rumor ever ends of being true of Andrew and Toby signing on to be in Spider Man 3 I will be beyond hyped. A live action Spider verse movie what's not to like there lol.
    I think I've read somewhere that Marvel debunked that rumor, but I could be wrong.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It's wishful thinking, Sony said they weren't confirmed very recently.

https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-3-son...rfield-rumors/

Unless casting is official, it's meaningless.

That's what we're getting, they're just recycling the same actor like with J.Jonah Jameson. He's not going to be blue.
    I think if they were going Spider-Verse for the next movie, they'd announce it.

There is a chance they're setting up something big later.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

This is probaly theyre post MCU plan. I just don't see Spider verse being the route after a much more personal story of a flash father figure tricking him and exposing his identity. Jamie foxx doesn't mean anything hes already stated hes not gonna be blue. Now Dr strange appearing makes me think its more likely some mutiverse stuff, but he could just be the plot device to restore Peter's secret identity. Supposedly we getting a teaser by the years end so guess we will know more then.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

People are forgetting this quote from when Marvel and Sony re-upped their deal:
    "[Spider-Man] also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold."

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    This is probaly theyre post MCU plan. I just don't see Spider verse being the route after a much more personal story of a flash father figure tricking him and exposing his identity. Jamie foxx doesn't mean anything hes already stated hes not gonna be blue. Now Dr strange appearing makes me think its more likely some mutiverse stuff, but he could just be the plot device to restore Peter's secret identity. Supposedly we getting a teaser by the years end so guess we will know more then.
    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    People are forgetting this quote from when Marvel and Sony re-upped their deal:
    "[Spider-Man] also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold."
    I always figured they'd bring in Miles or an alternate Spidey via the Spiderverse to have one that's for the Sony movies and one for the MCU stuff.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Not just Electro. Alfred Molina as Doc Ock is returning too!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...mpression=true

BANNED

I created a new thread for Alfred's return as I was looking for this thread and could not find it, thanks for finding it.

yep, its official. not surprised.

and now if they bring back Nicholas Hammond, the circle will be complete. Bring him back! Quentin Tarantino thought enough to cast him as Sam Wanamaker in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

OGPete.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    and now if they bring back Nicholas Hammond, the circle will be complete. Bring him back! Quentin Tarantino thought enough to cast him as Sam Wanamaker in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

OGPete.jpg
    He could be a decent Uncle Ben from another

and now if they bring back Nicholas Hammond, the circle will be complete.
    And three of his tv movies were released to theatres overseas so he has been spidey on the big-screen in some countries!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Ahahaha, Spider-Man: The Dragon's Challenge sure looks like a complex and nuanced take on racial politics.