Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    My issue with him being Ned/But is really Ganke is Peter does have a massive supporting cast to draw from in both 616 and 1610 versions while Ganke is Mile's big standout for his friends and if Miles ever does get a live action film most of the general public will think Ganke is a Ned rip off instead of vice versa. So when I saw him with a shaved head I was like why not Kong?
    Yeah, Peter basically stealing Miles' best friend for the MCU has always rubbed me the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    My issue with him being Ned/But is really Ganke is Peter does have a massive supporting cast to draw from in both 616 and 1610 versions while Ganke is Mile's big standout for his friends and if Miles ever does get a live action film most of the general public will think Ganke is a Ned rip off instead of vice versa. So when I saw him with a shaved head I was like why not Kong?
    I wouldn't hold my breath on Miles ever getting a live action movie. But he's got the Spider-Verse, and that's pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath on Miles ever getting a live action movie. But he's got the Spider-Verse, and that's pretty awesome.
    I don't really know what they would do with Miles in the MCU short of making him an adult Peter's sidekick. I don't see them doing a teenage Spider-Man again in the event they have Holland's Peter ever hang up his webs.

I mean, I know they used his uncle in Homecoming but I feel like that was jumping the gun on things a little.

To me, if Miles gets introduced then it would be the way USM did it - by having Peter die and become Miles' Uncle Ben figure. I could see it happen - Holland isn't all that great of a Spider-Man and because he is the third live action one now, the part is a bit muddled anyhow.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't really know what they would do with Miles in the MCU short of making him an adult Peter's sidekick. I don't see them doing a teenage Spider-Man again in the event they have Holland's Peter ever hang up his webs.

I mean, I know they used his uncle in Homecoming but I feel like that was jumping the gun on things a little.
    But to be fair to Holland's Spiderman. James Franco as Tobey Maguire's best friend is a very tough act to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    To me, if Miles gets introduced then it would be the way USM did it - by having Peter die and become Miles' Uncle Ben figure. I could see it happen - Holland isn't all that great of a Spider-Man and because he is the third live action one now, the part is a bit muddled anyhow.
    Ned could easily step in and be his "guy in a chair" ... even give him the handle from USM ... if they ever use a live action Miles.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I just don't think they'd go from a teenage Spider-Man in adulthood to yet another teenage Spider-Man going into adulthood, just succeeding the other one.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Ned could easily step in and be his "guy in a chair" ... even give him the handle from USM ... if they ever use a live action Miles.
    "My codename will be...Ganke" .

BANNED

I am 95% certain Miles will never get introduced. Spiderverse already has Miles as lead. MCU would not want to have the same characters on the big screen especially when it is different studios. Remember the Two Quicksilvers from Days of Future Past and Age of Ultron. It go so bad that the character from Avengers was called Pietro and the other one from DOFP was called Peter. one of them had to get killed off.

As long as Miles stays with Spiderverse, he would not be in the MCU .

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I am 95% certain Miles will never get introduced. Spiderverse already has Miles as lead. MCU would not want to have the same characters on the big screen especially when it is different studios. Remember the Two Quicksilvers from Days of Future Past and Age of Ultron. It go so bad that the character from Avengers was called Pietro and the other one from DOFP was called Peter. one of them had to get killed off.

As long as Miles stays with Spiderverse, he would not be in the MCU .
    Marvel don't really have a say given the current arrangement.

If Sony want to make a live action Miles movie, they could do it without Marvel's input at all.

The only reason Sony turned to Marvel was because TASM 2 didn't do the business they expected.

Yeah, Peter basically stealing Miles' best friend for the MCU has always rubbed me the wrong way.
    Considering Miles basically stole Peter's name, powers, costume design, and personality, I can't be too upset with Peter taking something from Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Considering Miles basically stole Peter's name, powers, costume design, and personality, I can't be too upset with Peter taking something from Miles.
    Well, basic suit design and powerset aside (and Miles had his own powers to make up for the fact that he had weaker versions of Peter's powers), Peter Parker is the last character who needs to be taking supporting cast members from other characters.

Mighty Member

...You know I find it odd when the MCU did things specifically to be different from former Spidey movies (i.e. don't dare mention Ben Parker) but then turns around and casts actors from previous Spider-Man movies in the exact same roles...

That said, does anyone want to play the game "Connect to Stark"? How can we connect Electro to Tony Stark or his company in some way?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    ...You know I find it odd when the MCU did things specifically to be different from former Spidey movies (i.e. don't dare mention Ben Parker) but then turns around and casts actors from previous Spider-Man movies in the exact same roles...

That said, does anyone want to play the game "Connect to Stark"? How can we connect Electro to Tony Stark or his company in some way?
    Stark Industries electrical engineer ?

Peter will probably eventually fight Tony's college roommate...

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    He didn't steal it, he was given it by a messed up, googly spider!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Stark Industries electrical engineer ?

Peter will probably eventually fight Tony's college roommate...
    Green Goblin: "Before I defeat you, there is something that you ought to know about me, Spider-Man.

Spider-Man: "What?"

Green Goblin: I am Tony's brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate."

Spider-Man: "So what does that make us?"

Green Goblin: Absolutely nothing, which is what you are about to become. Prepare...to...die!"

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.