Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I think it's a little bit more involved than that. Not saying that Foxx is miscast here, but it's also if the actor fits the director's vision and can work with the director and writer's styles. Tom Hanks in a comic book movie? Heck yeah, get him by means. Tom Hanks as Guillermo Del Toro's Hellboy? Ahhh, maybe get lesser known Ron Perlman instead.
    Oh for sure but there was no movies planned and Mahershela Ali reached out to Marvel and said I want to be Blade. They gave him the role on the spot. Is there even a writer or director for that yet?

Anyway they probaly were writing Electro in and someone probaly joked why don't we reach out to Jamie Foxx and see if he wants a do over. And they ran with it because why not, Jamie Foxx is versatile as hell. He can't play a crazy Max dillion while also being hilarious at the ssme time. Hes perfect for the MCU

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Oh for sure but there was no movies planned and Mahershela Ali reached out to Marvel and said I want to be Blade. They gave him the role on the spot. Is there even a writer or director for that yet?

Anyway they probaly were writing Electro in and someone probaly joked why don't we reach out to Jamie Foxx and see if he wants a do over. And they ran with it because why not, Jamie Foxx is versatile as hell. He can't play a crazy Max dillion while also being hilarious at the ssme time. Hes perfect for the MCU
    Oh, I wasn't talking about Ali. I was talking about Foxx and Electro. Ali is likely more highly regarded at the moment, but that's also likely cuz he won his Oscar more recently (plus without the string of so-so to bad movies following his Oscar win).

Extraordinary Member

I don't think Foxx was bad, I just think the movie was bad in general. Spiderman killing Gwen by accident or whatever isn't something GA vibe with. I specifically remember a guy standing up in the theater at the end and yelling" That's some bullshit!!" and it was.

But this casting is all about the multiverse. You're probably gonna see other actors from non-mcu movies reprise their roles to help establish the multiverse.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 10-03-2020 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    In a now deleted Twitter post Jamie Foxx said Electro won't be blue and will be Bad ass. His words not mine.
    Yeah, I think we're getting yellow and green Electro with some kind of take on the starfish mask.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Daredevil in SM 3 got me excited. Electro showing up again not so much. Really hated the character for two things: Not being like the comics version and being a waste of Jamie Foxx' talent. Electro in the movie felt like an 80s sitcom nerd with an axe to grind.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Im not worried. Seems likely that Jamie Fox’s Electro will be overhauled in SM3 & won’t be the same one shown in ASM2.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I don't think Foxx was bad, I just think the movie was bad in general. Spiderman killing Gwen by accident or whatever isn't something GA vibe with. I specifically remember a guy standing up in the theater at the end and yelling" That's some bullshit!!" and it was.

But this casting is all about the multiverse. You're probably gonna see other actors from non-mcu movies reprise their roles to help establish the multiverse.
    Isn't that kind of how it happened in the comics (although it's sort of ambigious). That it wasn't the fall but the webbing whiplash which killed her.

I'm sure somebody else has said this but I think maybe they're considering the Sinister Six idea again? You've got Vulture, Scorpion, Mysterio (Who might be dead but also this is a guy who uses illusions), and now Elektro. Now you really just need Ock, and they've already sort of partially set up Kraven, although the team's roster can be flexible.

Then again, too many villains is sort of what damaged both Macquire and Garfield's final entries.....
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-03-2020 at 11:17 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Isn't that kind of how it happened in the comics (although it's sort of ambigious). That it wasn't the fall but the webbing whiplash which killed her.

I'm sure somebody else has said this but I think maybe they're considering the Sinister Six idea again? You've got Vulture, Scorpion, Mysterio (Who might be dead but also this is a guy who uses illusions), and now Elektro. Now you really just need Ock, and they've already sort of partially set up Kraven, although the team's roster can be flexible.

Then again, too many villains is sort of what damaged both Macquire and Garfield's final entries.....
    Yeah it was true to the comic. I just think moviegoers who mostly didn't read the comic don't really like stuff like that. Maybe the same could be said for comic readers too. It does seem like they're are setting up the Sinister Six hopefully they'll take a little time to set it up tho. But I do think Foxx was chosen mostly to help bring in the multiverse thing.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I think we're getting yellow and green Electro with some kind of take on the starfish mask.
    I would love to see something along these lines for his new look. I hated the Ultimate version who just looks so generic.

I hope not on that mask.
    There's just no way to not make it bad. The only way it works is to lean into the joke, and I'd rather they didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Daredevil in SM 3 got me excited.
    Daredevil is going to be in Spider-Man 3? Cool.
    Who's playing DD (probably won't be Cox, I'm calling it)?

Can't wait to hear about Mr. Stark screwing over Max.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I hope not on that mask.
    There's just no way to not make it bad. The only way it works is to lean into the joke, and I'd rather they didn't.
    I wasn't sure they would be able to pull off Vulture and Mysterio as well as they did, so I'm eager to see how they tackle Electro.

Maybe make the mask an energy construct like in Spectacular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Can't wait to hear about Mr. Stark screwing over Max.
    One of the movie villains is going to turn out to be Tony's college roommate, I just know it...

I wasn't sure they would be able to pull off Vulture and Mysterio as well as they did, so I'm eager to see how they tackle Electro.

Maybe make the mask an energy construct like in Spectacular.

One of the movie villains is going to turn out to be Tony's college roommate, I just know it...
    Vulture and Mysterio never had to wear a starfish as a mask.

Fantastic Member

Looks like they are doing a multi verse story...Andrew garfield is being asked to return as well.

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    Looks like they are doing a multi verse story...Andrew garfield is being asked to return as well.
    Don't get your hopes up. We got this covered is reporting that. 99% chance its BS. In a now deleted Tweet Jamie Foxx already revealed he won't be blue. So hes playing a different version of Electro. I dont think this movie is gonna address a multiverse. I think thats Sonys plan post Marvel studios deal.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 10-03-2020 at 09:51 PM.