Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Mixed feelings depending on whether this is a new version or not. I quite liked him as an introvert desperate for attention in ASM2 but then he devolved into a one note henchman for the films second half. Probably better if he gets to be more akin to classic Electro.

I also wonder if this is a response by Sony after Keaton is getting more involved with the DCEU as Bruce Wayne. Might be they want a backup actor to Michael if they can’t get Sinister Six with Vulture leading off the ground again. It’s funny to see how they have spent nearly a decade trying to make Sinister Six work somehow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Kevin Fiege really is an Elon Musk like figure to you people, isn't he?
    We could say the same about you only in the negative sense.

Getting Jamie Foxx back is not a bad move and I have faith they will handle Electro better than last time.
    Just waiting for the usual "MCU is at the end" nonsense to start without more information. Did not work with Guardians but than will the usual suspects finally learn. How many videos are on youtube now already claiming that?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Mixed feelings depending on whether this is a new version or not. I quite liked him as an introvert desperate for attention in ASM2 but then he devolved into a one note henchman for the films second half. Probably better if he gets to be more akin to classic Electro.

I also wonder if this is a response by Sony after Keaton is getting more involved with the DCEU as Bruce Wayne. Might be they want a backup actor to Michael if they can’t get Sinister Six with Vulture leading off the ground again. It’s funny to see how they have spent nearly a decade trying to make Sinister Six work somehow.
    Id bet money hes not playing the same version. I'm hoping this is just a chance at a do over for him. To distance itself it makes sense to stick closer to 616 Max. I think a more aggro version of his character from Baby Driver could work well for Electro. Anyway hope he isn't Thee villian. Hope they throw multiple villians out there and someone else is the main one. Keaton is playing probaly a small role in a flash movie. That won't effect his ability to play Vulture. So we got Vulutre,Shocker,Scorpion, and now electro. Mysterio if he faked his death or if the guy who uploaded the footage takes over the mantle. Introduce Doc Ock as the main villian over electro and you have a full roster maybe. If Mysterio is done maybe Kraven can join after his solo film or Dimitri the Sheild guy from FFH who people think might be Chameleon.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    We could say the same about you only in the negative sense.

Getting Jamie Foxx back is not a bad move and I have faith they will handle Electro better than last time.
    Just waiting for the usual "MCU is at the end" nonsense to start without more information. Did not work with Guardians but than will the usual suspects finally learn. How many videos are on youtube now already claiming that?
    I don't think he was knocking Jamie Foxx. Think they meant MCU fans seeing Fiege as some master visionary like Musk. Which Fiege has built the biggest franchise in history at this point. Star wars being the only rival. Hes made 20+ movies and the only one that can be considered a failure of any kind is maybe Hulk. And that was the 2nd film. He definelty has earned the respect he gets.

Not a fan of Foxx, not a fan of that version of Electro, so hopefully they’ll actually write the character well this time out, and at least give me one out of two reasons to enjoy this. Personal feelings aside Foxx is a great actor that was wasted in his first go-round as Electro.

BANNED

Two things up with this news.

Alternate Realities
    DC having multiple batman's for Flash with Keaton returning.

Its obvious MCU wants to start experimenting with alternate worlds. don't be surprised if the fan theories turns out correct that the two quicksilvers will return at some point.

There now becomes no limits. I just hope neither Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart , Ian Mckellen or Famke Janssen return for any MCU X-Men. I think those that ended on a good note should just retire the roles than having a big chance to spoil their legacy, you don't want another JJ Abrams star wars with ruins of every original character.

Another flimsy theory, I think this could MCU ways to reboot the series, which will be a darn shame since MCU has many opportunities to start making movies that are more creatively versatile beyond their MCU formula, bringing in past players from other marvel films feels like a gimmick.
    Last edited by Castle; 10-02-2020 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Id bet money hes not playing the same version. I'm hoping this is just a chance at a do over for him. To distance itself it makes sense to stick closer to 616 Max. I think a more aggro version of his character from Baby Driver could work well for Electro. Anyway hope he isn't Thee villian. Hope they throw multiple villians out there and someone else is the main one. Keaton is playing probaly a small role in a flash movie. That won't effect his ability to play Vulture. So we got Vulutre,Shocker,Scorpion, and now electro. Mysterio if he faked his death or if the guy who uploaded the footage takes over the mantle. Introduce Doc Ock as the main villian over electro and you have a full roster maybe. If Mysterio is done maybe Kraven can join after his solo film or Dimitri the Sheild guy from FFH who people think might be Chameleon.
    Could be the bolded, and it could be either Daniel Berkhart or Francis Klum. I get the feeling Jared Harris's character in Morbius is Doc Ock they're just trying to keep it hush hush till the end. So we might have our Sinister Six after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think Jameson might enlist a bunch of villains to go after Peter and that's how we get Gargan as Scorpion and maybe a few others.

Ok but who comes out of the gate with their multiverse plan with "we got Electro!"? And its Ultimate Electro, who no one should like under any circumstances.

Compared with "we got Batman".
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 10-02-2020 at 09:36 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

His Electro might actually be the worst Spider-Man villain of any of the films, so it seems strange this is the route

Fantastic Member

I won't be too pleased if they bring Foxx's Electro in and not put in Scorpion given how Mac Gargan already appeared in Homecoming and Far From Home's mid credit scene was the perfect opportunity to set him up.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    His Electro might actually be the worst Spider-Man villain of any of the films, so it seems strange this is the route
    Probably Sony still has plans for a Sinister Six movie

More and more likely that Dr. Strange 2 will be setting up Spiderverse because it was mentioned Strange is supposed to cameo in SP3.

Interesting if they use a Spiderverse version of the Sinister Six.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Could be the bolded, and it could be either Daniel Berkhart or Francis Klum. I get the feeling Jared Harris's character in Morbius is Doc Ock they're just trying to keep it hush hush till the end. So we might have our Sinister Six after all.
    We also have the Tinkerer out there still. But id prefer Doc Ock introduced in a MCU film produced by Feige. I'm optimistic about Morbius but yea iono.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Jameson might enlist a bunch of villains to go after Peter and that's how we get Gargan as Scorpion and maybe a few others.
    I hope that's the case, would be a great time to introduce Kraven if they aren't saving him for his solo film. Hes the guy Jameson hires to get Spidey and he uses villians like Scorpion and Electro as distractions. Doc Ock could work that way as well. Scorpion and Electro ain't the brains of the operation. Also I don't know if Vulutre is "Evil". Based off what we saw last of him, I couldn't see him helping anyone kill Peter. If anything I can see him coming to his aid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Well Amazing apider-man 2 was really bad, so this is all surprising.

Took me some time to figure out the spider-man 3 wasn't the continuation of Garfield series hahaha