Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I hope that's the case, would be a great time to introduce Kraven if they aren't saving him for his solo film. Hes the guy Jameson hires to get Spidey and he uses villians like Scorpion and Electro as distractions. Doc Ock could work that way as well. Scorpion and Electro ain't the brains of the operation. Also I don't know if Vulutre is "Evil". Based off what we saw last of him, I couldn't see him helping anyone kill Peter. If anything I can see him coming to his aid.
    I think the Sinister Six will likely have a goal that's not dedicated to killing Spider-Man but ends up having Spider-Man interfere and that's how Toomes gets roped into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the Sinister Six will likely have a goal that's not dedicated to killing Spider-Man but ends up having Spider-Man interfere and that's how Toomes gets roped into it.
    That could work. But even if that wasn't the goal. I dont see him allowing anyone to kill Peter once he gets in the way. Guess that could be the final fight Vulture and Spiderman vs the rest of the sinister six. Especially if someone like Doc Ock is also in the group or kraven. Someone capable of leading. Time will tell I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    That could work. But even if that wasn't the goal. I dont see him allowing anyone to kill Peter once he gets in the way. Guess that could be the final fight Vulture and Spiderman vs the rest of the sinister six. Especially if someone like Doc Ock is also in the group or kraven. Someone capable of leading. Time will tell I guess.
    If he thinks it's the only way he can get to see his family again, he might, but probably come around to Peter's side in the end.

I'm assuming this is a different version of Electro and could work nicely with a different story.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    His Electro might actually be the worst Spider-Man villain of any of the films, so it seems strange this is the route
    what of diversity reasons? but it's not like marvel needs it. they already have fan favourite black characters. War Machine, Killmonger, Black Panther, Nick Fury

The news is so left field, one can only think marvel just wants to advance the cinematic formula with the multiverse cinematic formula, a place where any character who has ever appeared in a marvel film (MCU or not) gets in since they do own everything again.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I'm assuming this is a different version of Electro and could work nicely with a different story.
    I assume so, too. Basically the same way they had J.K. Simmons reprising JJJ, but a different take and obviously a different universe.

Except Simmons' casting came from equal parts fantastic job and fan demand. It's a different story from Foxx Electro but hey, if someone higher up liked him (like Feige), then that's what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I assume so, too. Basically the same way they had J.K. Simmons reprising JJJ, but a different take and obviously a different universe.

Except Simmons' casting came from equal parts fantastic job and fan demand. It's a different story from Foxx Electro but hey, if someone higher up liked him (like Feige), then that's what we have.
    If [insert Oscar winning actor/actress] wants to be in your film series, I think you take a second look, no matter what.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

Yeah, JK Simmons is pretty much the perfect live action JJJ. That's probably why they didn't bother putting JJJ in the ASM films. They couldn't find anyone that could do as good as a portrayal.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    If [insert Oscar winning actor/actress] wants to be in your film series, I think you take a second look, no matter what.
    Yea thats what happened with Mahershela Ali. Jamie foxx can be a great actor. Not top tier like Lewis or Denzel. But with right script and director he can be great. That aside hes probaly the most talented dude in Hollywood. Hes a Oscar caliber actor, Grammy winning singer, and great stand up comedian. I think people forget how funny his stand up was.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    what of diversity reasons? but it's not like marvel needs it. they already have fan favourite black characters. War Machine, Killmonger, Black Panther, Nick Fury

The news is so left field, one can only think marvel just wants to advance the cinematic formula with the multiverse cinematic formula, a place where any character who has ever appeared in a marvel film (MCU or not) gets in since they do own everything again.
    Or it could just be that they thought Jamie Foxx was a good casting choice (the guy is well-respected in his craft for a reason) and don't want to fix something that's not broken. I mean, when Electro needed to be menacing, Foxx delivered (not sure the script and special effects helped, but he was on point for what he was asked to do).

I mean, they brought back JK Simmons to play Jamison and there's no intent to connect it to the Raimi movies. (Okay, yeah, I do get that Simmons was extremely iconic in the role -- to the point that most recasts of him for animation are just actors doing impressions of his performance -- and most of us wanted him to do it again, but the point remains; he was rehired on the strength of his performance.)

It could very well be that they'll try to fold some of the non-MCU projects into a multiverse thing and, as a result, bring back old characters a la the CW DC TV show crossovers (although I think it's too early to speculate what they have in mind for any kind of multiverse project until the Doctor Strange sequel is made), but there are more logical explanations then their mythical formula running out of gas.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sinister Six's goals get weird.

In The Amazing Spider-Man #334–339, Doctor Octopus recruits Electro, Sandman, Mysterio, and Vulture, along with the demonic Hobgoblin (since Kraven the Hunter had died) as part of his plan to take over the world. However, this was a trick, part of a larger plan by which Doc Ock alone would be the master of the world, by releasing a chemical into the atmosphere that would cause pain in anyone who attempted to use cocaine; he would then sell his cure for the chemical to the rich and powerful. Sandman, who at this point in his career had reformed and was blackmailed into joining, aids Spider-Man in defeating the Sinister Six, and ultimately stopping Doc Ock's plans to conquer the world. Because Octopus' chemical is eating away the ozone layer, Spider-Man has no choice but to release the cure into the atmosphere.[citation needed]

Yeah, but methinks that there are more than a handful of Oscar winning actors who’d love to be in a Marvel film. Foxx was/is just one on a list. So I still don’t see the appeal of him getting a do-over.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

I didn't think I'd ever have to say this ahead of a Spider-Man movie again, but here I go - please don't give him a starfish mask.

In a now deleted Twitter post Jamie Foxx said Electro won't be blue and will be Bad ass. His words not mine.

I think it's a little bit more involved than that. Not saying that Foxx is miscast here, but it's also if the actor fits the director's vision and can work with the director and writer's styles. Tom Hanks in a comic book movie? Heck yeah, get him by means. Tom Hanks as Guillermo Del Toro's Hellboy? Ahhh, maybe get lesser known Ron Perlman instead.