Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I hope not on that mask.
    There's just no way to not make it bad. The only way it works is to lean into the joke, and I'd rather they didn't.

Daredevil is going to be in Spider-Man 3? Cool.
    Who's playing DD (probably won't be Cox, I'm calling it)?
    On one hand I share your opinion. But on the other hand, I also thought that there was no way Mysterio's fishbowl helmet can work in live action.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea thats what happened with Mahershela Ali. Jamie foxx can be a great actor. Not top tier like Lewis or Denzel. But with right script and director he can be great. That aside hes probaly the most talented dude in Hollywood. Hes a Oscar caliber actor, Grammy winning singer, and great stand up comedian. I think people forget how funny his stand up was.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    If [insert Oscar winning actor/actress] wants to be in your film series, I think you take a second look, no matter what.
    I don't think Oscars means anything. though superhero films have become more polarizing that these movies have no Oscar worthy performances even if they have oscar winners. Brie Larson won an oscar, why do people keep forgetting about that when they say she sucks as Carol.

Its the writing. I don 't know how much you know about Robert Orci and Alex Kurtzman written movies. Hardly does anyone look to their movies for Oscars worthy performances.

Vulture and Mysterio never had to wear a starfish as a mask.
    Yeah, but they have kind of goofy visuals that you wouldn't expect to quite work on film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Or it could just be that they thought Jamie Foxx was a good casting choice (the guy is well-respected in his craft for a reason) and don't want to fix something that's not broken. I mean, when Electro needed to be menacing, Foxx delivered (not sure the script and special effects helped, but he was on point for what he was asked to do).

I mean, they brought back JK Simmons to play Jamison and there's no intent to connect it to the Raimi movies. (Okay, yeah, I do get that Simmons was extremely iconic in the role -- to the point that most recasts of him for animation are just actors doing impressions of his performance -- and most of us wanted him to do it again, but the point remains; he was rehired on the strength of his performance.)

It could very well be that they'll try to fold some of the non-MCU projects into a multiverse thing and, as a result, bring back old characters a la the CW DC TV show crossovers (although I think it's too early to speculate what they have in mind for any kind of multiverse project until the Doctor Strange sequel is made), but there are more logical explanations then their mythical formula running out of gas.
    Honestly I cannot read through this threads without laughing. All of you all disliked everything about amazing Spiderman 2 but now he may be part of the mcu, suddenly it was not so bad.

It could very well be that they'll try to fold some of the non-MCU projects into a multiverse thing and, as a result, bring back old characters a la the CW DC TV show crossovers (although I think it's too early to speculate what they have in mind for any kind of multiverse project until the Doctor Strange sequel is made), but there are more logical explanations then their mythical formula running out of gas.
    Multiverse is not a clean slate. movies have used multiverse in the past. The MCU multiverse may build hype if actual legendary beloved past marvel actors Wesley Snipes, Hugh Jackman or Tobey Maguire were to return but since I am more of a story telling leaner, I really hope MCU only uses past marvel actors from messier mixed movies.
    their mythical formula already ran out of gas. We all know the limits of marvel, what people do now is just to take their formula and have fun with it unlike DC where you dont know what to expect. People need to look deep about what Sam Raimi's Spiderman movies got so right about Spiderman that MCU and Amazing Spiderman 1 and 2 has not been able to do.

Additionally, Into the spiderverse is already a multiverse, I don't see MCU spiderman 3 with electro reaching the masterpiece level of that film. Electro in Spiderman 3 seem more about hype. Spiderverse is more about the art concept and will likely continue to be so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but they have kind of goofy visuals that you wouldn't expect to quite work on film.
    Electro was goofier than Vulture and Mystero. I think it will be hypocrisy if anyone gives MCU a hard time for their goofy visuals and not Electro. MCU visuals may lean more like 3D-animated but amazing Spiderman 2 was terrible. No way does Mysterio looks more goofy than this.

The Spiderman's rogue gallery have the most obnoxious looking villains. Sam Raimi, the genius that he was was wise enough to bring in James Cameron to help him out, figuring how to make Spiderman villains work on film without looking goofy. this is one main reasons no one will ever top Sam Raimi movies.
    Last edited by Castle; 10-04-2020 at 01:09 PM.

As with most things, I'm sure Electro's outfit or look will develop from the story. Vulture didn't look like the comic book vulture, because they didn't write the same character and he looked like what Keaton's character would wear. (same with Shocker) Mysterio looked like he walked out of a comic book because he was supposed to. That's what Gyllenhal's character would wear based on the story being told.

For me, the worst thing about Foxx's Electro was how he was written. It was an incredibly uninteresting character with a terrible, contrived motivation and he didn't do anything interesting. How he looks is totally secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    On one hand I share your opinion. But on the other hand, I also thought that there was no way Mysterio's fishbowl helmet can work in live action.
    Personally, I never understood that - Mysterio's helmet is cool and I was never worried about it being too ridiculous or silly. I've always liked it, unlike Electro's mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Only some of Vulture's more vulture-y/feathery costumes. MCU wisely made it more tech looking. The wings are always kind of cool. And I never understood the thing against Mysterio's helmet. The helmet was always dope. And I can't say that about wearing a giant starfish on your head. He looks like a Starro victim from DC.

BANNED

Only some of Vulture's more vulture-y/feathery costumes. MCU wisely made it more tech looking. The wings are always kind of cool. And I never understood the thing against Mysterio's helmet. The helmet was always dope. And I can't say that about wearing a giant starfish on your head. He looks like a Starro victim from DC.
    Comic book villains that are so inhuman in appearance always gets mixed reviews when they are put on film. It is very costly to do some of them. the bottom line is many figures look silly and goofy even with the money spent. there is another solution, you can change things to some extent, the important thing is too keep the character's personalities, which is far more important than appearances.

Honestly I am surprised people are complaining about how Mystero looks, This is okay, not great but far better than Electro.

The cinematography of Homecoming makes Mystero look goofy more than the CGI is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Comic book villains that are so inhuman in appearance always gets mixed reviews when they are put on film. It is very costly to do some of them. the bottom line is many figures look silly and goofy even with the money spent. there is another solution, you can change things to some extent, the important thing is too keep the character's personalities, which is far more important than appearances.

Honestly I am surprised people are complaining about how Mystero looks, This is okay, not great but far better than Electro.

The cinematography of Homecoming makes Mystero look goofy more than the CGI is doing.
    I didn't say anything about inhuman in appearance, just that there's no good in adapting that mask.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    As with most things, I'm sure Electro's outfit or look will develop from the story. Vulture didn't look like the comic book vulture, because they didn't write the same character and he looked like what Keaton's character would wear. (same with Shocker) Mysterio looked like he walked out of a comic book because he was supposed to. That's what Gyllenhal's character would wear based on the story being told.

For me, the worst thing about Foxx's Electro was how he was written. It was an incredibly uninteresting character with a terrible, contrived motivation and he didn't do anything interesting. How he looks is totally secondary.
    I don't think Vulture's look was dependent on the character so much as going further with a more tech-based, bird of prey, angle that fit with the MCU at that point in time.

I'm still bummed the best live-action Shocker costume we got was from a fan film of all things.
    Honestly, I don't see the starfish mask as unfeasible from an adaption standpoint. It all just depends on how they implement it. It probably won't be a normal mask if it's in at all.

This news makes wish Disney bought Fox years ago maybe then Kelsey Grammer could had another shot at Beast he was the only good thing from that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    We could say the same about you only in the negative sense.

Getting Jamie Foxx back is not a bad move and I have faith they will handle Electro better than last time.
    Just waiting for the usual "MCU is at the end" nonsense to start without more information. Did not work with Guardians but than will the usual suspects finally learn. How many videos are on youtube now already claiming that?
    What?

FYI, I'm calling Kevin Fiege an Elon Musk figure because much of the MCU fan base seems to see him as some sort of 'daddy' figure who personally created the MCU like God created the universe. According to the cult of Elon Musk, the man personally builds every rocket ship and Tesla and similarly a lot of MCU fans seem to think Keven Fiege authored the entirety of the MCU and is responsible for other creative choices, instead of it being a collaborative effort, which it is.

This isn't even a criticism of the MCU or Kevin Fiege, its just something weird I've noticed.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 10-04-2020 at 05:46 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Honestly I cannot read through this threads without laughing. All of you all disliked everything about amazing Spiderman 2 but now he may be part of the mcu, suddenly it was not so bad.
    Did I say that? Let me think... oh, right, I never did.

I do not like the Mark Webb movies and do think they're bad, however, I do think some of the things they got right were the casting and I think that includes Jamie Foxx. If they were to bring him back in some form, I'd be okay with that.

Frankly, I don't want the Webb movies grandfathered into an MCU multiverse, but I was just theorizing about how that might work if they tried it. (Also, even if they were grandfathered in, that still wouldn't make the moves retroactively better, any more then Wonder Woman being good redeemed BvS.)

Multiverse is not a clean slate. movies have used multiverse in the past.
    So? That was them, not this.

The MCU multiverse may build hype if actual legendary beloved past marvel actors Wesley Snipes, Hugh Jackman or Tobey Maguire were to return but since I am more of a story telling leaner, I really hope MCU only uses past marvel actors from messier mixed movies.
    I'd take it on a case-by-case basis. To be honest, I think it would work better in a new Spider-Verse movie if they gave Maguire, Garfield, or others cameos, since alt-Spidey worlds are baked into the narrative and the series has established itself as something that celebrates the franchise as a whole and sprinkles in-jokes and meta-humor to that effect.

their mythical formula already ran out of gas. We all know the limits of marvel...
    Yeah, they don't do hard R. So limiting, esp. since that means they can just mix up the genres they play with and bring in new characters. So sad.

...what people do now is just to take their formula and have fun with it unlike DC where you dont know what to expect.
    Yeah, I suppose it does get boring having solid movie after solid movie, esp. when you can go in not knowing if it's going to be good or bad.

People need to look deep about what Sam Raimi's Spiderman movies got so right about Spiderman that MCU and Amazing Spiderman 1 and 2 has not been able to do.
    Funny thing is they did. MCU is the heir to what the Raimi movies were. Heck, Kevin Feige has gone on record that SM2 is the sort of thing they try to emulate.

Additionally, Into the spiderverse is already a multiverse, I don't see MCU spiderman 3 with electro reaching the masterpiece level of that film. Electro in Spiderman 3 seem more about hype. Spiderverse is more about the art concept and will likely continue to be so.
    Seeing as we don't know what the third movie will be about for sure, it's way too early to be all doom and gloom over it.
    Last edited by WebLurker; 10-05-2020 at 02:29 AM.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

I didn't say anything about inhuman in appearance, just that there's no good in adapting that mask.
    You may be surprised with what some very talented CGI guys can do. Sam Raimi would have pulled it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    This news makes wish Disney bought Fox years ago maybe then Kelsey Grammer could had another shot at Beast he was the only good thing from that movie.
    Ha no, I wish Disney never got fox at all. Disney has already had a hand in ruin X-Men. Since Kelsey Grammer came from the original timeline and his last appearance was in DOFP. He should not return for the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    What?

FYI, I'm calling Kevin Fiege an Elon Musk figure because much of the MCU fan base seems to see him as some sort of 'daddy' figure who personally created the MCU like God created the universe. According to the cult of Elon Musk, the man personally builds every rocket ship and Tesla and similarly a lot of MCU fans seem to think Keven Fiege authored the entirety of the MCU and is responsible for other creative choices, instead of it being a collaborative effort, which it is.

This isn't even a criticism of the MCU or Kevin Fiege, its just something weird I've noticed.
    I don't think marvel fans of Spiderman and xmen feel this way about Feige. the point blank question about Feige was asked on xmen forums and many fans there said, Feige is no genius.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...justice/page27