Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    You may be surprised with what some very talented CGI guys can do. Sam Raimi would have pulled it off.

Ha no, I wish Disney never got fox at all. Disney has already had a hand in ruin X-Men. Since Kelsey Grammer came from the original timeline and his last appearance was in DOFP. He should not return for the role.

I don't think marvel fans of Spiderman and xmen feel this way about Feige. the point blank question about Feige was asked on xmen forums and many fans there said, Feige is no genius.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...justice/page27
    Lol the Page the you linked is almost completely people mocking you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Did I says that? Let me think... oh, right, I never did.

I do not like the Mark Webb movies and do think they're bad, however, I do think some of the things they got right were the casting and I think that includes Jamie Foxx. If they were to bring him back in some form, I'd be okay with that.

Frankly, I don't want the Webb movies grandfathered into an MCU multiverse, but I was just theorizing about how that might work if they tried it. (Also, even if they were grandfathered in, that still wouldn't make the moves retroactively better, any more then Wonder Woman being good redeemed BvS.)

Wonder Woman was perfect in BvS. She made a guest appearance in the film. Electro was the main antagonist of AM2. It ain't the same.

So? That was them, not this.
    The less hype then since MCU was a new thing. Multiverses are not.

I'd take it on a case-by-case basis. To be honest, I think it would work better in a new Spider-Verse movie if they gave Maguire, Garfield, or others cameos, since alt-Spidey worlds are baked into the narrative and the series has established itself as something that celebrates the franchise as a whole and sprinkles in-jokes and meta-humor to that effect.
    I don't think the intentions here are for cameos. Cameos are fine. Electro is going to be a plot line.
    Yeah, they don't do hard R. So limiting, esp. since that means they can just mix up the genres they play with and bring in new characters. So sad.
    Spiderman 1 and 2 are not R. Apart from the story been better than both Amazing Spiderman and MCU Spiderman. The CGI of Spiderman 2 is not goofy like MCU or Bad like Amazing Spiderman. Sam Raimi movies also had genuine world building of Spiderman.

Funny thing is they did. MCU is the heir to what the Raimi movies were. Heck, Kevin Feige has gone on record that SM2 is the sort of thing they try to emulate.
    Feige also said Endgame will try and emulate Logan and that was a joke. There are no heirs to the Raimi movies for the reason I already said. to be an heir apparent of something you have to mostly follow their footsteps. MCU never followed the footsteps of Sam Raimi's movies.

Seeing as we don't know what the third movie will be about for sure, it's way too early to be all doom and gloom over it.
    If Electro is going to be in the third film, its a multiverse. we know that for sure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Lol the Page the you linked is almost completely people mocking you.
    No. I was mocked. lol. The people that tried to mock me where doing so because they were loosing the argument about Feige being a genius, since I was one of those that kept on bringing up solid evidence that Feige is no genius.

Anyone should know that it is impossible to mock a person for stating the clarity that Feige is limited in comparison to Logan, Deadpoool or DOFP or Spiderman 1 or Spiderman 2 or Spiderverse.

As messy as Spiderman 3 was. the CGI still looked better than MCU and AMZ 2. Spiderman, Mary Jane and Harry got good close chapters. Spiderman 3 while not perfect , looking back now with the other films, Spiderman 3 was an okay send off. I hope none of them return to the roles.
    Last edited by Castle; 10-04-2020 at 11:59 PM.

Yeah, they don't do hard R. So limiting, esp. since that means they can just mix up the genres they play with and bring in new characters. So sad.
    While I agree that R rated not being allowed in the MCU isn't that big of a deal, I rather disagree with the bolded. I roll my eyes whenever someone tries to pass Winter Soldier as a political thriller, and Ant-Man isn't that great a heist film, and while I appreciate the space opera of Guardians, ultimately no matter the so-called "genre mixing" they still all feel very, very much like the same movie almost in a way. There's a sprinkling of genre toppings on the vanilla MCU sundae, but it's still just vanilla ice cream, just with sprinkles.

And I say that as both a fan of the MCU and vanilla ice cream with sprinkles. I like the MCU. I just accept it for the sameness it is.
    You may be surprised with what some very talented CGI guys can do. Sam Raimi would have pulled it off.
    I don't know how on Earth CGI can make a starfish shaped mask not look like a starfish shaped mask.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 10-04-2020 at 11:18 PM.

No. I was mocked. lol. The people that tried to mock me where doing so because they were loosing the argument about Feige being a genius, since I was one of those that kept on bringing up solid evidence that Feige is no genius.

Anyone should know that it is impossible to mock a person for stating the clarity that Feige has never been able to do any of his films with like Logan, Deadpoool or DOFP or Spiderman 1 or Spiderman 2 or Spiderverse.

As messy as Spiderman 3 was. the CGI still looked better than MCU and AMZ 2. Spiderman, Mary Jane and Harry got good close chapters. Spiderman 3 while not perfect , looking back now with the other films, Spiderman 3 an okay send off. I hope none of them return to the roles.
    You posted a link stating most Xmen and Spiderman fans agree with your very unpopular opinion. The page the link went to was everyone mocking you.

1. That is basically saying all the Xmen and Spiderman fans who love the MCU aren't real fans. Not surprising, you do it alot.

2. Nothing you just said is objective or factual. Thats all just your opinion, your trying to pass off as a fact for some reason that escapes me. Just stand on your opinion, it should be enough for u.

3. Since your brought up Deadpool. Josh Brolin just did an interview where he said Deadpool 2 was like a business deal. He had no freedom. While playing Thanos in the MCU was rewarding because he was given creative freedom to explore and develop the character. And again nothing you said about Feige was Factual. But you love to push the narrative that the MCU is made in a factory and no one is given creative freedom. The vast majority of people making those films disagree.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 10-05-2020 at 12:01 AM.

BANNED

You posted a link stating most Xmen and Spiderman fans agree with your very unpopular opinion. The page the link went to was everyone mocking you.

1. That is basically saying all the Xmen and Spiderman fans who loves the MCU aren't real fans. No surprising, you do it alot.
    Not all, but more so than little with this one. its an extremely popular opinion that the best Spiderman films are spiderman 1, 2 and spiderverse and to be fair, there are rock solid evidence that favours that opinion. We are already talking about it right now. Neither MCU or Amazing Spiderman has ever achieved the ground breaking CGI moments of Spiderman 2. none of the newer films has yet to expand Peter's story beyond high school like Sam Raimi did.

2. Nothing you just said is objective or factual. Thats all just your opinion, your trying to pass off as a fact for some reason that escapes
    when some of us said said DOFP , X2, Logan, Deadpool movies were mostly faithful to the tone and themes of the books and if Feige had changed it to the tone or erased the themes and story, it would have sucked. lol, that is not an unpopular opinion. lol.

3. Since your brought up Deadpool. Josh Brolin just did an interview where he said Deadpool 2 was like a business deal. He had no freedom. While playing Thanos in the MCU was rewarding because he was given creative freedom to explore and develop the character. And again nothing you said about Feige was Factual. But you love to push the narrative that the MCU is made in a factory and no one is given creative freedom. The vast majority of people making those films disagree.
    Cable was featuring in Deadpool. Cable needs his own movies. Brolin may not have had freedom because it is Ryan's franchise but Feige has no freedom to make Deadpool movies. None of Feige movies has broken the rules like Deadpool did. Thanos is also the ultimate generic comic book villain. Anyone can play that very well and be satisfied. What was Cable's story in Deadpool 2 compared to Thanos? trying to kill a child who wanted revenge for been sexually molested by a priest. Seriously do you think Feige can allow such a plot in an MCU movie?

One thing I will give Amazing Spiderman films over MCU Spiderman. His fight scenes were better because MCU is under unnecessary censorship, Tom Holland looks very week compared to Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield.
    Last edited by Castle; 10-05-2020 at 11:28 PM.

BANNED

Anyone should know that it is impossible to mock a person for stating the clarity that Feige is limited in comparison to Logan, Deadpoool or DOFP or Spiderman 1 or Spiderman 2 or Spiderverse.

As messy as Spiderman 3 was. the CGI still looked better than MCU and AMZ 2. Spiderman, Mary Jane and Harry got good close chapters. Spiderman 3 while not perfect , looking back now with the other films, Spiderman 3 was an okay send off. I hope none of them return to the roles.
    You are bringing up "solid evidence" in your crusade against the MCU? Thanks for the laugh. More like making stuff up and moving the goalposts.
    To say nothing that you still does not seem know the difference between "subjective" and "objective". In no way could that be intentiol to back your "arguments"

BANNED

1. That is basically saying all the Xmen and Spiderman fans who love the MCU aren't real fans. Not surprising, you do it alot.

2. Nothing you just said is objective or factual. Thats all just your opinion, your trying to pass off as a fact for some reason that escapes me. Just stand on your opinion, it should be enough for u.

Facts are not really something that Castle wants with his "arguments"

Wonder Woman was perfect in BvS. She made a guest appearance in the film. Electro was the main antagonist of AM2. It ain't the same.
    A good actor is a good actor. In any event, you're missing my point; a bad movie is a bad movie, even if a subsequent installment that builds off it makes good. Like how BvS is still a bad movie, even if Wonder Woman made a good movie out of the pieces it borrowed from it, or like Justice League is still mess, even if Aquaman was a hit. Or how Suicide Squad was a weak film, but Birds of Prey took Harley Quinn and made a good movie. (Come to think of it, why is most of the DCEU bad movies that then inspire a good movie?).

So, even if they did bring Jamie Foxx back in some weird crossover and did it well, AMS2 would still be as bad as it was when first released.

The less hype then since MCU was a new thing. Multiverses are not.
    How's that a problem?

I don't think the intentions here are for cameos. Cameos are fine. Electro is going to be a plot line.
    If Foxx is back as a main villain Electro, hope they give him a good script this time. If he's not coming back, I'm okay with that. If he comes back and it's bad, you know what, that happens sometimes. Better to fail trying then to not fail but never try.

Spiderman 1 and 2 are not R. Apart from the story been better than both Amazing Spiderman and MCU Spiderman. The CGI of Spiderman 2 is not goofy like MCU or Bad like Amazing Spiderman. Sam Raimi movies also had genuine world building of Spiderman.
    I think we're having two different conversations.

Feige also said Endgame will try and emulate Logan and that was a joke.
    Dunno, they did not sugarcoat the trauma of losing to Thanos in terms of how it affected the world and survivors. Heck, while not as bleak at Logan, there was a price to pay to save the day, which not many of the other MCU movies showed. I think you're being way too literal in what you think "emulate" means.

There are no heirs to the Raimi movies for the reason I already said. to be an heir apparent of something you have to mostly follow their footsteps. MCU never followed the footsteps of Sam Raimi's movies.
    Hmm, having comic accurate costumes, embracing the fantastical nature of the medium over "realism," being bright and colorful, strong emphasis on characterization, not afraid of having humor? That's MCU. (I have to say, I find it odd, at best, that you blast the MCU for its use of humor, despite putting the Raimi Spider-Man movies and Spider-Verse on a pedestal, despite those movies being loaded with humor and comic relief.)

If Electro is going to be in the third film, its a multiverse. we know that for sure.
    Maybe, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    While I agree that R rated not being allowed in the MCU isn't that big of a deal, I rather disagree with the bolded. I roll my eyes whenever someone tries to pass Winter Soldier as a political thriller, and Ant-Man isn't that great a heist film, and while I appreciate the space opera of Guardians, ultimately no matter the so-called "genre mixing" they still all feel very, very much like the same movie almost in a way. There's a sprinkling of genre toppings on the vanilla MCU sundae, but it's still just vanilla ice cream, just with sprinkles.

And I say that as both a fan of the MCU and vanilla ice cream with sprinkles. I like the MCU. I just accept it for the sameness it is.
    Consider, though, how each movie is different in how it applies the sprinkles and in the flavors of ice cream used. Case in point, most of the movies use humor. However, consider how different the humor in Guardians of the Galaxy is to Thor: Ragnarok.

I don't know how on Earth CGI can make a starfish shaped mask not look like a starfish shaped mask.
    Yeah, I mean, Raimi did change the villains' goofier costumes for his movies, too. Say what you will about the Mark Webb movies, they knew that Ultimate Electro would be a something that would work on the big screen.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Not all, but more so than little with this one. its an extremely popular opinion that the best Spiderman films are spiderman 1, 2 and spiderverse and to be fair, there are rock solid evidence that favours that opinion. We are already talking about it right now. Neither MCU or Amazing Spiderman has ever achieved the ground breaking CGI moments of Spiderman 2. none of the newer films has yet to expand Peter's story beyond high school like Sam Raimi did.

when some of us said said DOFP , X2, Logan, Deadpool movies were mostly faithful to the tone and themes of the books and if Feige had changed it to the tone to mcu tone or erased the themes and story, it would have sucked. lol, that is not an unpopular opinion. lol.

Cable was featuring in Deadpool. Cable needs his own movies. Brolin may not have had freedom because it is Ryan's franchise but Feige has no freedom to make Deadpool movies. None of Feige movies has broken the rules like Deadpool did. Thanos is also the ultimate generic comic book villain. Anyone can play that very well and be satisfied. What was Cable's story in Deadpool 2 compared to Thanos? trying to kill a child who wanted revenge for been sexually molested by a priest. Seriously do you think Feige can allow such a plot in an MCU movie?

One thing I will give Amazing Spiderman films over MCU Spiderman. His fight scenes were better because MCU is under unnecessary censorship, Tom Holland looks very week compared to Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield.
    Lol again nothing you said is remotely a fact. Which would be fine if you didn't try to convince others that they are

Also Foxx being back doesn't mean mutiverse at all. Jamie foxx already made a Twitter post saying he's not gonna be blue. Its a different electro just like its a different J Jonah Jameson.

And most of what you say here is an unpopular opinion. You constantly say The MCU has bad CGI. Yet most people praise alot of these movies for theyre use of CGI. They get nominated for Oscars for theyre Vfx.

Also you reply to people when you don't even understand what they are saying. This whole derailment started because people were talking about how Goofy the starfish mask for Electro looks. Then they said Vulture and Mysterio were goofy designs too. They were talking about the comics not the movies. Both characters got praised for theyre adaptions in the MCU. But since it fits your narrative you took it the wrong way and now here we are with another toxic thread.

Maybe if they handle it like Spectacular did.
    Consider, though, how each movie is different in how it applies the sprinkles and in the flavors of ice cream used. Case in point, most of the movies use humor. However, consider how different the humor in Guardians of the Galaxy is to Thor: Ragnarok.
    I think a better comparison would be Black Panther to Thor: Ragnarok.

It's really not that different. There aren't different flavors of ice cream. It's all vanilla, every scoop. Maybe the sprinkles are different, the mild genre sprinkles. But under the sprinkles is the same MCU vanilla ice cream. And that's fine, I like that flavor. I'm not saying it's bad or a weakness. Only that I know I can expect that same comforting flavor every time.

And I don't know about the difference between the humor of Guardians and Ragnarok. I swear I thought "They made Thor into the Guardians of the Galaxy. That's cool," when I saw it in theaters. Ragnarok could have gotten away with the title Guardians of the Galaxy vol3: Electric Boogaloo as far as it mattered to me. And I had a good time watching it.

Yeah, I mean, Raimi did change the villains' goofier costumes for his movies, too. Say what you will about the Mark Webb movies, they knew that Ultimate Electro would be a something that would work on the big screen.
    Pretty much. They knew what to change and how. They kept the bits they had to, but ditched other elements. I expect the mask to be ditched.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe if they handle it like Spectacular did.
    It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure that the Spectacular version never wore a starfish mask. Didn't lightning bolts come off his face/mask in that pattern instead? That could work - it hints at the stupid mask without him ever actually having to wear such a mask.

(Forgive me if I'm wrong, that cartoon is a decade old at least.)

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure that the Spectacular version never wore a starfish mask. Didn't lightning bolts come off his face/mask in that pattern instead? That could work - it hints at the stupid mask without him ever actually having to wear such a mask.

(Forgive me if I'm wrong, that cartoon is a decade old at least.)
    Yeah, it was basically an energy construct equivalent of his mask. I don't think that's too unfeasible and does a good way of physically showing his powers without going full Ultimate Electro.

More and more trades are reporting the Sinister Six will be Mysterio (Earth-199999, MCU) leading the group made up of Scorpion (Earth-199999, MCU), Vulture (Earth-199999, MCU), Electro (Earth-120703, ASMverse), Lizard (Earth-96283, Raimiverse), Sandman (Earth-96283, Raimiverse), and Chameleon (Earth-199999, MCU). Keaton's Vulture takes Mysterio out in the first act in order to lead them and dubs them the Sinister Six. Electro is the dimensional gateway for them. They also say JJJ in the MCU is Magquire's ... brought in by Sandman and Electro when they find out they can ruin another Spidey (their Spidey has been turned into an anti-hero).

Tobey and Garfield are in talks with Sony already to come back to team up with Holland.

They also listing that Tobey will have a cameo in Dr. Strange 2 as well as Earth-26320's Blade, the Wesley Snipes one.

We shall see ...
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-05-2020 at 02:12 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium