Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure that the Spectacular version never wore a starfish mask. Didn't lightning bolts come off his face/mask in that pattern instead? That could work - it hints at the stupid mask without him ever actually having to wear such a mask.

(Forgive me if I'm wrong, that cartoon is a decade old at least.)
    What about the Ps4 Game. Electro has starfish pattern electrical burns across his face kinda. Not exact but its clearly a homage to the mask. I didn't dive into character bios so maybe the masked caused the burns like that IDK.
    maxresdefault.jpg

It's really not that different. There aren't different flavors of ice cream. It's all vanilla, every scoop. Maybe the sprinkles are different, the mild genre sprinkles. But under the sprinkles is the same MCU vanilla ice cream. And that's fine, I like that flavor. I'm not saying it's bad or a weakness. Only that I know I can expect that same comforting flavor every time.
    Fair enough.

And I don't know about the difference between the humor of Guardians and Ragnarok. I swear I thought "They made Thor into the Guardians of the Galaxy. That's cool," when I saw it in theaters. Ragnarok could have gotten away with the title Guardians of the Galaxy vol3: Electric Boogaloo as far as it mattered to me. And I had a good time watching it.
    I think Guardians had very character-centric humor, while Ragnarok seemed more based on goofy situations and brushing on the edge of parody if that makes any sense.

Pretty much. They knew what to change and how. They kept the bits they had to, but ditched other elements. I expect the mask to be ditched.
    Yeah.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    What about the Ps4 Game. Electro has starfish pattern electrical burns across his face kinda. Not exact but its clearly a homage to the mask. I didn't dive into character bios so maybe the masked caused the burns like that IDK.
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Never played the game, but judging by the pic, while I'm not crazy about it, still looks leagues better than his mask could ever look.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I think Guardians had very character-centric humor, while Ragnarok seemed more based on goofy situations and brushing on the edge of parody if that makes any sense.
    Eh, still felt like the same tone of comedy, the same feel, even if the jokes came from a slightly different place (character vs situational).

Never played the game, but judging by the pic, while I'm not crazy about it, still looks leagues better than his mask could ever look.

Eh, still felt like the same tone of comedy, the same feel, even if the jokes came from a slightly different place (character vs situational).
    To be fair, Watiti and Gunn both have similar sense of humor in theyre films. Like Lurker said the big difference was Thor was never cracking jokes it was mostly situational. While Gunn had his characters using humor intentionally, alot of the time to mask trauma. For character like StarLord it was how he evolved to protect himself. Sarcasm , never take anything seriously. But yea both director/Writers have a similar comedic style. A kind of wacky over the top thing. Also both movies had a similar aesthetic. Though one was just colorful and wacky while the other was all that meets Flash Gordon.

To me the scars don't work near as well as the mask would, but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To me the scars don't work near as well as the mask would, but to each their own.
    I feel like a mask like this can be done. Even if this isn't my favorite design.
    d83dd7412d435460257d1f1ac6133652.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    You are bringing up "solid evidence" in your crusade against the MCU? Thanks for the laugh. More like making stuff up and moving the goalposts.
    To say nothing that you still does not seem know the difference between "subjective" and "objective". In no way could that be intentiol to back your "arguments"

Spiderman 2 was using practical effects long before amazing Spiderman and mcu knew what how to use CGI.

My arguments is born and bread in how to better make movies. If you want more rock solid evidence, ask why Sam Raimi even as good as he was felt he needed help from James Cameron big time putting together most of the VFX of his Spiderman movies.

You are literally saying MCU is the only franchise where it is an opinion that goofy CGI is deemed better than outstanding practical effects. It's not ...at least not objectively.

Lol again nothing you said is remotely a fact. Which would be fine if you didn't try to convince others that they are

Also Foxx being back doesn't mean mutiverse at all. Jamie foxx already made a Twitter post saying he's not gonna be blue. Its a different electro just like its a different J Jonah Jameson.

And most of what you say here is an unpopular opinion. You constantly say The MCU has bad CGI. Yet most people praise alot of these movies for theyre use of CGI. They get nominated for Oscars for theyre Vfx.

Also you reply to people when you don't even understand what they are saying. This whole derailment started because people were talking about how Goofy the starfish mask for Electro looks. Then they said Vulture and Mysterio were goofy designs too. They were talking about the comics not the movies. Both characters got praised for theyre adaptions in the MCU. But since it fits your narrative you took it the wrong way and now here we are with another toxic thread.
    Instead of you saying fact. Why not look at it more as....how to make a movie better. Spiderman 1, 2 and Spiderverse has all the evidence to do that to the rest of the Spiderman films. do you think a movie can get better when the character's story is constantly held back like Peter in high school? it sucks. Life is about progress if you cannot progress, you cant get better.

Also Foxx being back doesn't mean mutiverse at all. Jamie foxx already made a Twitter post saying he's not gonna be blue. Its a different electro just like its a different J Jonah Jameson.
    It means a multiverse. that is the only logical explanation but truly Spiderverse already has this.
    I never said MCU has bad CGI. Spiderman 2 has better CGI than MCU and Amazing Spiderman. MCU has better CGI than Amazing Spiderman.

Also you reply to people when you don't even understand what they are saying. This whole derailment started because people were talking about how Goofy the starfish mask for Electro looks. Then they said Vulture and Mysterio were goofy designs too. They were talking about the comics not the movies. Both characters got praised for theyre adaptions in the MCU. But since it fits your narrative you took it the wrong way and now here we are with another toxic thread.
    Green Goblin looked kind of goofy too but Raimi made it work, thanks to William Dafoe performance and using more built in suits, Goblin was also filmed more from a sci fiction pov to Mystero who felt more like urban fantasy.

They were talking about the comics not the movies. Both characters got praised for theyre adaptions in the MCU. But since it fits your narrative you took it the wrong way and now here we are with another toxic thread.
    William Dafoe and Alfred Molina received higher praise as Goblin and Dr Orc and seriously like many Spiderman villains, they have their level of goofy but Sam Raimi just had superior film making instincts that everything he did looked better than anything that has come after.

I feel like a mask like this can be done. Even if this isn't my favorite design.
    Green goblin looks more goofy than that, this still looks good after 18 years
    Goblin_large.jpg
    Last edited by Castle; 10-06-2020 at 12:21 AM.

BANNED

A good actor is a good actor. In any event, you're missing my point; a bad movie is a bad movie, even if a subsequent installment that builds off it makes good. Like how BvS is still a bad movie, even if Wonder Woman made a good movie out of the pieces it borrowed from it, or like Justice League is still mess, even if Aquaman was a hit. Or how Suicide Squad was a weak film, but Birds of Prey took Harley Quinn and made a good movie. (Come to think of it, why is most of the DCEU bad movies that then inspire a good movie?).
    BvS was the best movie of 2016, while the daring story is on par with deadpool, It edges out Deadpool because of other factors like VFX and tone of the film.
    How's that a problem?
    its not a problem since its not like anyone believes any Spiderman movie has a chance of toping the original trilogy.

Hmm, having comic accurate costumes, embracing the fantastical nature of the medium over "realism," being bright and colorful, strong emphasis on characterization, not afraid of having humor? That's MCU. (I have to say, I find it odd, at best, that you blast the MCU for its use of humor, despite putting the Raimi Spider-Man movies and Spider-Verse on a pedestal, despite those movies being loaded with humor and comic relief.)
    The reason Raimi spiderman movies and spidervese are put on a pedestal is because they took risks, they were not mass manufactured like MCU Spiderman or trying to beat a legal film clause sony made with marvel like Amazing Spiderman movies. Raimi was not also afraid of any Spiderman story and a lot of fans are always going to be very beloved of that.

Maybe, maybe not.
    I guarantee you electro MCU will soon be joining this multiverse list for the second time.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Electro

I don't know the reason people are saying its not a multiverse. once two characters cross each other paths from a different reality, their universe now officially takes place in a multiverse, each universe an alternate reality of the other. Spiderverse did an excellent job explaining this.

Unless.... unless, Electro-Foxx is not going to be playing the same character in MCU Spiderman 3 but I doubt that since they are not going with a different actor

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    BvS was the best movie of 2016, while the daring story is on par with deadpool, It edges out Deadpool because of other factors like VFX and tone of the film.
    Best? With a sloppy script like that? Not by a long shot. (In any event, no way was it better then Moana or Civil War.)

its not a problem since its not like anyone believes any Spiderman movie has a chance of toping the original trilogy.
    In a post-Spider-Verse world, we out to know that it's possible to equal or exceed the that. I'd also maintain that the MCU Spider-Man movies were better then SM3, but I do recognize that that

The reason Raimi spiderman movies and spidervese are put on a pedestal is because they took risks, they were not mass manufactured like MCU Spiderman or trying to beat a legal film clause sony made with marvel like Amazing Spiderman movies. Raimi was not also afraid of any Spiderman story and a lot of fans are always going to be very beloved of that.
    And I just thought it was because Raimi was a good filmmaker who had a good idea of the movies he wanted to make and a good grasp of the source material and how to bet adapt it for the new medium and his vision it (something he hardly has a monopoly on). Silly me.

I guarantee you electro MCU will soon be joining this multiverse list for the second time.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Electro

I don't know the reason people are saying its not a multiverse. once two characters cross each other paths from a different reality, their universe now officially takes place in a multiverse, each universe an alternate reality of the other. Spiderverse did an excellent job explaining this.

Unless.... unless, Electro-Foxx is not going to be playing the same character in MCU Spiderman 3 but I doubt that since they are not going with a different actor
    You don't need to "fansplain" what I multiverse is; I'm a Trekkie from way back.

My point is that we don't know for sure if Jamie Foxx is reprising his original role as a crossover somehow or recasting as a new incarnation of Electro, much less if Spider-Verse, the Raimi and Webb movies, etc. are in continuity with the MCU via a multiverse model.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To each their own, but I feel like the mask only works well as a visual joke, a sight gag. And you can lean into that...but I'd rather they didn't.
    I want to preface this by saying that I have never once watched Game of Thrones - even so I want to say that version of the mask looks more like something from Game of Thrones than Spider-Man.

Best? With a sloppy script like that? Not by a long shot. (In any event, no way was it better then Moana or Civil War.)
    Tbh I'm always so happy whenever Moana gets a random mention. Moana >>>>>>>>> Frozen

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Tbh I'm always so happy whenever Moana gets a random mention. Moana >>>>>>>>> Frozen
    Moana is in my top 10 movies of the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I think I find Frozen slightly more enjoyable, even if I consider Moana to be the better-made film. Although I do have to say that Dwane Johnson is the best attempt to recreate the celebrity casting of Robin Williams as the Genie in a long time (I think Eddie Murphy as Mushu was the best pre-Johnson one, but mileage may vary).
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

To each their own, but I feel like the mask only works well as a visual joke, a sight gag. And you can lean into that...but I'd rather they didn't.
    I can actually see that working.

Electro shows up with a mask and full costume, and Spider-man won't stop making fun of it, so he switches to a more serious look.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I can actually see that working.

Electro shows up with a mask and full costume, and Spider-man won't stop making fun of it, so he switches to a more serious look.
    Yeah, I said leaning into the joke could work, and while I said I'd rather they not go that way...I kind of want them to now just to get Spider-Man mocking him over it. Just as long as they do as you suggest and have it just be his early look before getting something better.