Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

This is one of the last casting choices I'd expect, since Jamie Foxx's Electro was probably the worst-regarded villain in any Spider-Man movie. That was more due to the script than his performance.

If Amazing Spider-Man 2 had never come out, we'd probably look at Foxx as an understandable and unremarkable choice for the bad guy.

My guess is they're using the character to seed the multiverse, but that it'll be a twist later in the film that this Electro has come from a different world, and already fought Spider-Man.

It is interesting how meta the casting choices for bad guys have been.

The 1980s Batman is hired to play the Vulture (after some earlier speculation.)

https://www.vulture.com/2015/09/emma...n-trailer.html

Jake Gyllenhal was rumored to replace Tobey Maguire in Spider-Man 2, and they bring him on as Spider-Man's mentor in Far From Home.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    This is one of the last casting choices I'd expect, since Jamie Foxx's Electro was probably the worst-regarded villain in any Spider-Man movie. That was more due to the script than his performance.

If Amazing Spider-Man 2 had never come out, we'd probably look at Foxx as an understandable and unremarkable choice for the bad guy.

My guess is they're using the character to seed the multiverse, but that it'll be a twist later in the film that this Electro has come from a different world, and already fought Spider-Man.

It is interesting how meta the casting choices for bad guys have been.

The 1980s Batman is hired to play the Vulture (after some earlier speculation.)

https://www.vulture.com/2015/09/emma...n-trailer.html

Jake Gyllenhal was rumored to replace Tobey Maguire in Spider-Man 2, and they bring him on as Spider-Man's mentor in Far From Home.
    Yea I'm conflicted on whats going to happen. Jamie Foxx said he won't be blue suggesting its a different Electro. But he captioned that under a picture of 3 Spider-men facing off against a lighting storm. A spider verse is coming. I dont think it will be part of the MCU, I think thats Sonys plan post MCU. Anyway even if this Electro is from another earth, I don't think he will be the one from ASM2. I really hope they don't bring Tobey back. He was in good movies but i never liked him as Peter or Spidey. And now that he's pushing 50 its gotta be weird. Garfield older then he look but as a shit talking Spiderman in the suit he's got the top spot for me by a mile. His movies were just shit unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea I'm conflicted on whats going to happen. Jamie Foxx said he won't be blue suggesting its a different Electro. But he captioned that under a picture of 3 Spider-men facing off against a lighting storm. A spider verse is coming. I dont think it will be part of the MCU, I think thats Sonys plan post MCU. Anyway even if this Electro is from another earth, I don't think he will be the one from ASM2. I really hope they don't bring Tobey back. He was in good movies but i never liked him as Peter or Spidey. And now that he's pushing 50 its gotta be weird. Garfield older then he look but as a shit talking Spiderman in the suit he's got the top spot for me by a mile. His movies were just shit unfortunately.
    I think if Tobey Maguire was given a reprisal of his Spidey, the only place I'd really want it to be in would be one of the animated Spide-Verse films, since the animated format allows them to not be bound by the age of the actors and the meta nature that the first one took to the franchise would give such a cameo more meaning (besides the fact that the Raimi movies were one of the most heavily referenced franchise installments in the final film). It's not a dealbreaker, but seeing Raimi movie Spidey and MJ (and Jameson) in cameos somehow would be high on my list of what I'd like to see in a Spider-Verse sequel, even if it was just a brief "hey, they're still doing well after their series ended" thing.

(Heck, I really kinda wish that Peter B. Parker in Spider-Verse had been the Raimi Spider-Man, not just heavily based on him. While his life did go down the tubes for awhile, the experiences do get him back on his feet again, it's all but said that he and MJ will reconcile, and I think it would've added a bit more weight to things.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I think if Tobey Maguire was given a reprisal of his Spidey, the only place I'd really want it to be in would be one of the animated Spide-Verse films, since the animated format allows them to not be bound by the age of the actors and the meta nature that the first one took to the franchise would give such a cameo more meaning (besides the fact that the Raimi movies were one of the most heavily referenced franchise installments in the final film). It's not a dealbreaker, but seeing Raimi movie Spidey and MJ (and Jameson) in cameos somehow would be high on my list of what I'd like to see in a Spider-Verse sequel, even if it was just a brief "hey, they're still doing well after their series ended" thing.

(Heck, I really kinda wish that Peter B. Parker in Spider-Verse had been the Raimi Spider-Man, not just heavily based on him. While his life did go down the tubes for awhile, the experiences do get him back on his feet again, it's all but said that he and MJ will reconcile, and I think it would've added a bit more weight to things.)
    Yea id be down with that as a cameo. I like Tobey Mcguire as an actor in certain roles but he gives me a creepy vibe. Think thats why i didn't love his Peter. Then as Spiderman he lacked any of the comedic charisma to bring that side of the character to life for me. Now Garfield to me was Spider-man brought to life on screen. The sound of his voice and his comedic timing. So yea even as a voice actor I dont really want Maguire. A cameo would he fine though. Anyway yes and with Spiderman identity exposed I doubt we jump into Multiverse hopping. I think this movie will be more focused then that. It might lay some ground work for a mutiverse though. If Sony had 100% creative control id say for sure this is gonna turn into Spiderverse but with Marvel being involved i don't think they are gonna just jump into it. Gonna be a little weird too if Electro and JJJ look the ssme across multiple earths but Peter Parker looks different in each one. They can easily explain that but still. Anyway I loved Far from Home. So I'm here whatever they wanna do, they get the benefits of the doubt from me.

Well shit guess they are doing Spiderverse already. Dr Strange is the MCU guest appearance in Spiderman 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Well shit guess they are doing Spiderverse already. Dr Strange is the MCU guest appearance in Spiderman 3.
    I think it's more likely Peter goes to Strange to restore his secret identity using magic, but most people are probably going to assume it's multiverse related.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's more likely Peter goes to Strange to restore his secret identity using magic, but most people are probably going to assume it's multiverse related.
    Yea its possible thats all this is but people who already thought that's what the story was are gonna convinced now. All i know if Jamie assid he isn't blue so I'm happy about that lol. If another former Spiderman actor gets casts though.. Emma stone as Spider Gwen could be cool though when and if they ever do that.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Alright, hear me out:

Spider-Verse, with the Inheritors being replaced by a multiverse Sinister Six led by Morlun, hunting Spider-Men across multiple realities, including Garfields and Maguires.

I will take whatever Toney reprisal when can get. He is still my favorite live action Spider-Man.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I think something like this could work. This obviously is cheap but conceptually i think this design could work. Not quite the giant lightning bolts star fish mask. But still give off that look and I think a mask like this could work.... maybe lol

x1BeZ2oDqEsu24rSMguWIpJKcHEke_klXJWptjtPJ3Q.jpg

Also funny how different people age. I dont wanna see 50 year old Tobey as Spiderman. But Jamie is like 53 and I don't think anyone would say he's too old for any role.

Edit just Googled Maguire and you know what I think he looks more like Peter at 45 then he did when he was young. He kinda crew out of the creepy pedo look he always had to me when he was young. Anyway spider-mans the one character I've never had a desire to see old. Hes perpetually 16-25 in my head.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 10-09-2020 at 03:57 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I will take whatever Toney reprisal when can get. He is still my favorite live action Spider-Man.
    Not the biggest fan of Holland's Spiderman but I feel sorry for him with this one if all the rumours and theories turns out true. Dude is getting drowned in what is suppose to be his own franchise.

Why is Marvel so terrified of making a true standalone Spiderman film. Are they not aware that not only is Spiderman their most iconic hero, he has his own universe that is far more interesting for him than the entire MCU.

Does Disney think Holland can't carry his own movie movie or am I missing something.

Tobey is also my favourite, I don't see him coming back for any meaningful subplots in any Spiderman film.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Not the biggest fan of Holland's Spiderman but I feel sorry for him with this one if all the rumours and theories turns out true. Dude is getting drowned in what is suppose to be his own franchise.

Why is Marvel so terrified of making a true standalone Spiderman film. Are they not aware that not only is Spiderman their most iconic hero, he has his own universe that is far more interesting for him than the entire MCU.

Does Disney think Holland can't carry his own movie movie or am I missing something.

Tobey is also my favourite, I don't see him coming back for any meaningful subplots in any Spiderman film.
    Not sure why you're acting like RDJ was in Far From Home

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Alright, hear me out:

Spider-Verse, with the Inheritors being replaced by a multiverse Sinister Six led by Morlun, hunting Spider-Men across multiple realities, including Garfields and Maguires.
    I wonder if Morlun could work in a movie...

You'd have to simplify some stuff but I think you could pull it ofd

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Not sure why you're acting like RDJ was in Far From Home
    He wasn't in it, but his presence was felt. And Happy and Nick Fury (kind of) were huge parts of it.