Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
Didn't they only do Prodigal because fans complained Dick didn't take over for Bruce in Knightfall?
Or they felt it was a logical place to re-integrate Dick while they were revamping Batman after Bruce put the suit back on.
Sounds pretty great to me But then i don't care for the other Robins (barring Damian sometimes) or legacy that much in general.
But there are those that do, and for other characters it ended up being very beneficial for them and added more characters to the DCU that gained fans and popularity in their own right.
Maybe Nightwing comes across as a full fledged hero than an adult Robin in theory, but not always in practice. He's basically still just one of Batman's foot soldiers and has never really sustained a mythos on his own.
I think he's less of a foot solider and more like a general or field commander because characters tend to look to him as much (if not more) than they do Batman). He's definitely viewed differently within the Batfamily than any of the Robin's are.

I mean, Dick isn't Batman but I think he definitely has his own mythos between his various identities and ties to the Batfamily and Superhero community.
So they ditch the pretense of trying to hide it in this instance?
Does it alter the film that much?
The big reveal at the end which is, like, one of the last major moments of the movie.
Some of us think even one Robin after him is pretty pointless.
We're not acting like there are 10, we don't need to. Especially since the whole reason behind it isn't narrative first, it's because they can't have Batman without a Robin for branding reasons.
Even if part of it was for branding, there were still narrative reasoning's behind it, and it became a part of the narrative thanks to the writers' efforts.