Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    Thing is one of Top 10 all time favorite Marvel characters.

I absolutely loved the Slott Solo series that came out years ago. Picked the #1 issue up on a whim and fell in love with the character.

Too bad outside of Hickman's run on the F4, I haven't been interested enough in the series to pick up the books.

I like the Thing in New Avengers.

What are some other good Thing stories in the 5 years or so?
    I don't think there are any mini-series or ongoings. And if you've read Hickman's run, you've read that awesome future Ben Grimm story. Have you tried the old Marvel Two In Ones? I really enjoyed those, but they are old school.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The Thing: Idols of Millions collects the whole 8 issue series by Dan Slott.

You also have:

The Thing: Freakshow - by Geoff Johns and Skott Kollins which collects that mini series.

Thank you! I'll have to keep my eye open for those.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post

Jack Kirby, Benjamin Grimm, Joe Sinnott
    That is beyond awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post

Jack Kirby, Benjamin Grimm, Joe Sinnott
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    That is beyond awesome!
    Indeed...I'd love to know the story of that picture and when it was taken. That costume reminds me a great deal of one of my all-time favorite SNL and superhero related skits...even if its Thing costume was a bit different.

"Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post
    Indeed...I'd love to know the story of that picture and when it was taken.
    From what I gather, it's from a convention.
    Note the stacked chairs and the Kirby booth behind them.

Here's another cool image of the King and ol' blue eyes.

Jack Kirby at the San Diego Comic-Con, 1980, drawing The Thing. (Photograph by Jackie Estrada)

In 1980, the summer of Dark Phoenix and Elektra, a 19-year-old foulmouthed Canadian—on a baseball college scholarship, and soon to be recruited by a Seattle Mariners scout—attended the San Diego Comic-Con. He stood mesmerized as he watched Jack Kirby graciously speaking to the fans who swarmed around him. If he didn’t make the majors, he told himself, he’d be a comic book artist. Sure enough, when an ankle injury dashed his big-league hopes, Todd McFarlane began spending more and more time practicing at his drawing table, and reading with interest about Kirby’s and Gerber’s struggles, and the soapbox speeches of Neal Adams and Frank Miller, in the pages of the Comics Journal.

The above text is adapted from Marvel Comics: The Untold Story.

BANNED

Another great pic of the King and his favorite character! I wish I could have seen him drawing in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post
    Indeed...I'd love to know the story of that picture and when it was taken. That costume reminds me a great deal of one of my all-time favorite SNL and superhero related skits...even if its Thing costume was a bit different.

Oh no. I feel a Youtube search coming on.

BANNED

Thought I'd share a bit of my favorite version of the thing: Mego Thing, from Wizard's old "Twisted Toyfare Theater" stories:

tttthing.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Thought I'd share a bit of my favorite version of the thing: Mego Thing, from Wizard's old "Twisted Toyfare Theater" stories:

tttthing.jpg
    Twisted Toyfare Theater was always hilarious.
    Todd McFarlane was always trying to sell his balls. lol

BANNED

LOL!

Yet another thing I need to look up. That's hilarious!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    LOL!

Yet another thing I need to look up. That's hilarious!
    They put out like 4 tpb's years ago.
    If you can find them, get them.

Totally worth it.

This is my rendition of ol' blue eyes - i wanted to make his skin texture realistic and used armadillos as a real-world reference - i've attached the full face pic and two close-up details... hope u like these !

THING_IZ_SCAN.jpg

THING_IZ_DETAIL01.jpg

THING_IZ_DETAIL02.jpg
    For more CAPTAIN BRITAIN and MARVEL UK action - see the FREE fan-fiction comic - AVENGERS UK - see https://www.facebook.com/avengersukbywillow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IzzY World View Post
    This is my rendition of ol' blue eyes - i wanted to make his skin texture realistic and used armadillos as a real-world reference - i've attached the full face pic and two close-up details... hope u like these !

THING_IZ_SCAN.jpg

THING_IZ_DETAIL01.jpg

THING_IZ_DETAIL02.jpg
    Looking good man!

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Hard to believe that this post has not been posted on for almost 2 years.....:cry:...........

One of my favorite and 1st characters I feel in love with....Please bring back the Ben we all know and love (in the FF preferably)...

Time for some ever-lovin blue eyed love:

You're so right once more, Mantis Girl !

The more I read stuffs about Jack and his run on the FF - while re-reading the comic book itself of course - the more I'm amazed how much Ben was the core of the title for the readers at the time... And then I remember how much he was important to me when I was a little boy discovering comics !... I won't comment the present times... it's kind of useless...

Searching for this iconic splash page, I found this modern version too, which is nice (by Mike Deodato) :

Love the modern version...it gives me chills!

Here is some More Ben Love:

Odin Son meet Aunt Petunia's favorite Nephew!!!!

Spectacular Member

Ben Grimm is by far my favorite comic book character -- and I can't stand that the character is treated like second string.

He's either written as a sad-sack, whining about not being human, or he's written with a limited intellect that's only their for the one liners.

In the 70's and into the 80's he carried Marvel Two-in-One and was featured prominently in most storylines. Lately he's been a punching bag.

I'm hoping Bendis can actually turn it around in Guardians to make him one of Marvel's premiere heroes once again.

I hope so too!

He is also coming up in Silver Surfer #2!

I have all the Essential MTIO books and enjoy reading them from time to time; even though in B&W I still enjoy them very much!!!